Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

catiii

Reaction score
Well if it happens, I'm not at all shocked that JJ would pay him even after JJ's rants to the media.
JJ's ego is much too fragile to let someone walk unless it's JJ's idea. :laugh:
I don't care if he comes back or not but I never really thought JJ would allow him to walk. Lots of other owners would have. I think diva's are caustic poison to the team.
We'll see what happens this year and THEN we can start blaming. :popcorn:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Interesting development, I didn't think that he would play in week one unless a deal was done by this weekend.

cern

Reaction score
So this whole time, Zeke really wanted to play in Dallas and the Cowboys really wanted to have Elliott as their RB?

What trickery is this?!?

We’ve been mislead!

Wait, we didn’t trade for a RB yet, have we? I hope not!!
it's hard for me to understand why so many get emotional over a billionaire and the best rb in the game fighting over a new deal. there will be a press conference. maybe even a video of him signing with jerry, Stephen and charlotte in the room. and there will be nothing but smiles. no frowns. now on to dak.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Well if it happens, I'm not at all shocked that JJ would pay him even after JJ's rants to the media.
JJ's ego is much too fragile to let someone walk unless it's JJ's idea. :laugh:
I don't care if he comes back or not but I never really thought JJ would allow him to walk. Lots of other owners would have. I think diva's are caustic poison to the team. We'll see what happens this year and THEN we can start blaming. :popcorn:
It was posturing on both sides.

Normal in negotiations.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Jerry is going to Jerry and he played everyone knowing they would kick it into high gear this weekend...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
it's hard for me to understand why so many get emotional over a billionaire and the best rb in the game fighting over a new deal. there will be a press conference. maybe even a video of him signing with jerry, Stephen and charlotte in the room. and there will be nothing but smiles. no frowns. now on to dak.
Yep.

Just like we saw Stephen clapping DeMarcus Law on the shoulder and telling him congratulations after he signed his deal.

The only hard feelings are over reactive fans who must not understand negotiations.

They wanted D-Law traded... they wanted Zeke traded... refused to spend big dollars on big talent... and then get upset when Dallas doesn’t trade for Clowney and give him a trillion dollars.

aria

Reaction score
I can easily see Zeke getting paid and dropping off next year. If he acts like he has during being investigated for DV (innocent or not) and after being suspended, how will he act after he gets several million guaranteed?

I won’t be the slightest bit surprised if the deal does get done just like I won’t be the slightest bit surprised if Zeke gets injured, suspended or regresses a lot in the next 2-3 years. Jerry will regret it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I can easily see Zeke getting paid and dropping off next year. If he acts like he has during being investigated for DV (innocent or not) and after being suspended, how will he act after he gets several million guaranteed?

I won’t be the slightest bit surprised if the deal does get done just like I won’t be the slightest bit surprised if Zeke gets injured, suspended or regresses a lot in the next 2-3 years. Jerry will regret it.
You can hope...

aria

Reaction score
Yep.

Just like we saw Stephen clapping DeMarcus Law on the shoulder and telling him congratulations after he signed his deal.

The only hard feelings are over reactive fans who must not understand negotiations.

They wanted D-Law traded... they wanted Zeke traded... refused to spend big dollars on big talent... and then get upset when Dallas doesn’t trade for Clowney and give him a trillion dollars.
Some of us understand negotiations just as we understand contracts. At what point would you NOT be ok with Zeke holding out? Say Barkley gets paid more in a couple years and Zeke feels like he is underpaid, still going to support him when he already has several million in guaranteed money and decides he wants more?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Salary cap is the only reason anyone cares.