Nepotism is our biggest problem

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
You only look at the fact Jerry made no moves to sure up depth and improve glaring weaknesses. Diggs goes down. Jerry does nothing, LVE goes down. Jerry does nothing. Then how they wasted a pick on 5 ft nothing deuce when we needed a real rb who could push it in from the goal line. simply to make his papa proud and in servitude to jerry forever. Nepotism is so out of control even jerry himself thinks so much of himself a GM he refuses to hire a real GM. I mean is there any doubt if jerry did not own the team he would have went thru five GM’S by now. Now I love Jerry as an owner and he has changed the league forever but his nepotism his own and the cowboys worst enemy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This is the problem, combined with hiring coaches the Jones are "comfortable with," aka will not challenge the staus quo.

Occasionally you get a Dan Quinn, but most of the time you get a Dave Campo (out of the NFL), Jason Garrett (out of the NFL), Wade Phillips (out of the NFL), Mike Solari (100 years old), Monte Kiffin (coming off worst defense in USC history), Rod Marinelli (still coaching 1990s football), Scott Linehan (out of the NFL), and Mike McCarthy (lied during interview, admitted it, Stephen chuckled).

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I just checked Yahoo, NFL and the Cowboys official site. All list him at 5'6". That isn't 5 ft nothing. BTW Emmitt Smith is 5'9".
Maybe he grew from the combine where he measured in at at a lofty 5’5”, which makes him the shortest combine attendee since they started tracking in 2003, per NFL Research.

Source for that is KCTV.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You mention nepotism but didn’t give any evidence it’s bad here.
Jerry Jones, GM with no conference championship game appearances for 27 years.
Stephen Jones, Director of Player Personnel who can't negotiate contracts with unrestricted free agents.
Charlotte Jones, Chief Brand Officer. Cool.
Jerry Jones Jr, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer. Sure.
Spaulding Jones, Scout (according to LinkedIn).

ShortRound

Reaction score
Jerry Jones, GM with no conference championship game appearances for 27 years.
Stephen Jones, Director of Player Personnel who can't negotiate contracts with unrestricted free agents.
Charlotte Jones, Chief Brand Officer. Cool.
Jerry Jones Jr, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer. Sure.
Spaulding Jones, Scout (according to LinkedIn).
Was hoping OP would expand. Lol… But player personnel is strictly Jerry and Stephen nowadays.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You only look at the fact Jerry made no moves to sure up depth and improve glaring weaknesses. Diggs goes down. Jerry does nothing, LVE goes down. Jerry does nothing. Then how they wasted a pick on 5 ft nothing deuce when we needed a real rb who could push it in from the goal line. simply to make his papa proud and in servitude to jerry forever. Nepotism is so out of control even jerry himself thinks so much of himself a GM he refuses to hire a real GM. I mean is there any doubt if jerry did not own the team he would have went thru five GM’S by now. Now I love Jerry as an owner and he has changed the league forever but his nepotism his own and the cowboys worst enemy.
One instance of nepotism (Deuce) and it's our biggest problem?
I have to admit, lad, tha I cheered the Deuce pick based on his film highlights.
Of all the problems me team has, I just do not see nepotism as a top worry.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I just checked Yahoo, NFL and the Cowboys official site. All list him at 5'6". That isn't 5 ft nothing. BTW Emmitt Smith is 5'9".
5'-5" with a fresh trimmed 'fro...
I'm hoping they given him a chance in the final game against the team
the NFL stole away from the "Native Americans".

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After the game, he's back shooting his mouth off about nonsense. They are a 10 win, no playoff success team until a new GM is hired.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Well they always Add two inches you know that. Listed is not the same as actual. Even if he was 5’11 don’t change the fact he is not nfl level player. And certainly not what we needed in a running back

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
You mention nepotism but didn’t give any evidence it’s bad here.
I am not about to go thru the whole last 28 years of failure but I could. I am dealing with just this season only. I mean if you’re happy with ten wins and first round exits then so be it. But that’s for Minnesota Vikings fans. Cowboys fans expect more and should.