Nepotism is our biggest problem

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is the new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys and he had to confess something during his first day on the job. During his introductory press conference, McCarthy talked about how he studied different offenses this past season including the Cowboys offense which was led by offensive coordinator Kellen Moore and quarterback Dak Prescott. But when he was asked about how in-depth he got when studying offenses from last season, the former Green Bay Packers head coach admitted to stretching the truth when he was being interviewed by team owner Jerry Jones.

"I need to confess: I told Jerry I watched every play of the 2019 season," McCarthy said Wednesday according to USA Today. "I wanted the job. You do what you gotta do right?"

"It was more about tracking the trends and seeing what people were doing," he continued. "And a big part of it, too, was watching players, watching some of these new offenses, really a couple of guys on defense we were able to study.

"With the Cowboys and their excellent offense, they were a big part of those studies. It was more situational specific."

Stephen was sitting next to him and laughed when McCarthy made the confession.

Frauds surround themselves with frauds.
Wow......I missed that story......geez crazy! That's not good......now all those subtle jabs by DC podcast shows and sarcastic criticisms of McCarthy on this board makes more sense.

catiii

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is the new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys and he had to confess something during his first day on the job. During his introductory press conference, McCarthy talked about how he studied different offenses this past season including the Cowboys offense which was led by offensive coordinator Kellen Moore and quarterback Dak Prescott. But when he was asked about how in-depth he got when studying offenses from last season, the former Green Bay Packers head coach admitted to stretching the truth when he was being interviewed by team owner Jerry Jones.

"I need to confess: I told Jerry I watched every play of the 2019 season," McCarthy said Wednesday according to USA Today. "I wanted the job. You do what you gotta do right?"

"It was more about tracking the trends and seeing what people were doing," he continued. "And a big part of it, too, was watching players, watching some of these new offenses, really a couple of guys on defense we were able to study.

"With the Cowboys and their excellent offense, they were a big part of those studies. It was more situational specific."

Stephen was sitting next to him and laughed when McCarthy made the confession.

Frauds surround themselves with frauds.
:omg::thumbdown::eek:

Kwyn

Reaction score
You only look at the fact Jerry made no moves to sure up depth and improve glaring weaknesses. Diggs goes down. Jerry does nothing, LVE goes down. Jerry does nothing. Then how they wasted a pick on 5 ft nothing deuce when we needed a real rb who could push it in from the goal line. simply to make his papa proud and in servitude to jerry forever. Nepotism is so out of control even jerry himself thinks so much of himself a GM he refuses to hire a real GM. I mean is there any doubt if jerry did not own the team he would have went thru five GM’S by now. Now I love Jerry as an owner and he has changed the league forever but his nepotism his own and the cowboys worst enemy.
Check out the blurred lines of nepotism and family dealing between the Mara’s (NYG) and the Rooneys (Pitt)

People hire their family members.

It goes for the Dallas Cowboys and it goes for Sanford and Son.

This is not some grand conspiracy or takedown of “the man”.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You only look at the fact Jerry made no moves to sure up depth and improve glaring weaknesses. Diggs goes down. Jerry does nothing, LVE goes down. Jerry does nothing. Then how they wasted a pick on 5 ft nothing deuce when we needed a real rb who could push it in from the goal line. simply to make his papa proud and in servitude to jerry forever. Nepotism is so out of control even jerry himself thinks so much of himself a GM he refuses to hire a real GM. I mean is there any doubt if jerry did not own the team he would have went thru five GM’S by now. Now I love Jerry as an owner and he has changed the league forever but his nepotism his own and the cowboys worst enemy.
Luebke looked like our short-yardage guy until he fumbled. Maybe he can come around.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jerry isn't doing anything by mistake. He is running the team exactly how he wants it to operate. There would be nothing for a GM to do with the way he runs the team. He's basically a book keeper. They rarely do trades. Don't do much in FA. Don't do much in the draft. They stay put in the first 2 days. Maybe move back a few spots if another teams asks. He doesn't take the initiative anywhere. Do we need a GM to do that? All he'd really be doing is managing the cap.

All that said, they still manage to field a pretty good team. Nothing great, but between average to good. That seems to be enough for him.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I think nepotism is a factor along with other major business distractions and the fact that ownership and executive management is immune from employment malperformance prosecution. Also this brain-trust is more reactive than proactive particularly when it comes to building enough quality player depth consisting of more quick twitch Neanderthals on offense and defense (like Ferguson) that can keep you highly competitive through the post season.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Where have you been the last 27 years. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones has never done nothing to win a Super Bowl since signing Deion Sanders to prove to he can win a Super Bowl without the man that made the Dynasty. In 2 years Jones destroy what took 5 years for Jimmy Johnson, Bob Ackles and John Wooten to build. It is not going to change with a family run football team. Arlington Jonesboys are not the Dallas Cowboys.
Had nothing to do with the introduction of the salary cap and free agency, right?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Just think if Bum Bright never sold the team. The Cowboys would have gone broke and wouldn't be here anymore. Maybe they would have gone to Tennessee and we would still have the Oilers in Houston.
And in the meantime since the cowboys last Super Bowl. The patriots have made 9 Super Bowl appearances and won 6. Passing us. So guess that solves that

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Had nothing to do with the introduction of the salary cap and free agency, right?
Well since Jerry is as the main architect of the salary cap system. Good point another failure by Jerry the gm. Great move by Jerry the business man. Not a general manager. And there is the conflict.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Check out the blurred lines of nepotism and family dealing between the Mara’s (NYG) and the Rooneys (Pitt)

It may just happen that some people's family members are a little more talented than others.

Some are talented at making tons of money others can actually build a football team that wins one of those little silver trophies and gives everybody a ring.

It stands to reason to me the ones that are talented at making the most money put that as a priority and the ones that want the little silver trophies in the cabinet settle for less revenue as it cost more to build a team to get the little trophies

Davidlee1973

Reaction score

But both those franchises have general managers. Just like the patriot as well Kraft is heavily involved but belichek is the gm. Same in Philly. Lauria is very involved but he is not making player personnel decisions. In Dallas Jerry jr is head of player personnel. Now figure that one out

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
It may just happen that some people's family members are a little more talented than others.

Some are talented at making tons of money others can actually build a football team that wins one of those little silver trophies and gives everybody a ring.

It stands to reason to me the ones that are talented at making the most money put that as a priority and the ones that want the little silver trophies in the cabinet settle for less revenue as it cost more to build a team to get the little trophies
Ok so what big silver trophies has Jerry won in the last 28 years. I will wait.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Ok so what big silver trophies has Jerry won in the last 28 years. I will wait.
Zero that's the point he concentrates on making money and owners like Robert Kraft concentrate on collecting the little silver trophies each are good at what they make a priority.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Steven Jones nepotism at its finest I'm 61 years old and resigned myself to the fact that there's too many Jones is left for me to ever see a super bowl not sure what age you have to be to have a little bit of Hope maybe if you're 40 now there could be a chance but I wouldn't count on it there's enough of them they'll own this team for decades.

Just glad I got to see Rodger Staubach and Tom Landry guide the real cowboys to super bowls

They were military trained men that knew how to motivate other men to play above their heads and succeed now we have a bunch of underachievers that just want to talk about it on social media

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
So since the salary cap started the patriots have won 6 super bowls. What was your point again. I guess I missed it. I would have thought a hall of fame general manager like Jerry would be the master of these. Well I guess. Ok.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not at all with this crying and non stop routine of just blame Jerry. The biggest threat to success for the Cowboys isn't personnel. Lawrence and Parsons, Martin, Smith, Smith, Lamb and Cooks, Aubrey, Bland, Gilmore, Ferguson, and Prescott. That at no place is weak.

Just call penalties correctly and Dallas is in the game with any body. All teams have 3-4 losses for some reason...take away advantages of cheating teams.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Steven Jones nepotism at its finest I'm 61 years old and resigned myself to the fact that there's too many Jones is left for me to ever see a super bowl not sure what age you have to be to have a little bit of Hope maybe if you're 40 now there could be a chance but I wouldn't count on it there's enough of them they'll own this team for decades.

Just glad I got to see Rodger Staubach and Tom Landry guide the real cowboys to super bowls

They were military trained men that knew how to motivate other men to play above their heads and succeed now we have a bunch of underachievers that just want to talk about it on social media
Leadership directed and accountable as to play. They were forged in battle. Accountability and team were their principals for sport.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry isn't doing anything by mistake. He is running the team exactly how he wants it to operate. There would be nothing for a GM to do with the way he runs the team. He's basically a book keeper. They rarely do trades. Don't do much in FA. Don't do much in the draft. They stay put in the first 2 days. Maybe move back a few spots if another teams asks. He doesn't take the initiative anywhere. Do we need a GM to do that? All he'd really be doing is managing the cap.

All that said, they still manage to field a pretty good team. Nothing great, but between average to good. That seems to be enough for him.
Simple management. Invest in draft and player selections. Pay middle of road in free agency. Then sign younger contracts for top shelf players drafted, first. That stabelizes the cap and allows longer termed stability and quality of roster. The franchise is being run well...it's not a continuous popularity contest game to game.

All teams have 3-4 losses.

Get the offensive tackles up to speed and see if game changing plays occur earlier in games.

kskboys

Reaction score
I said current streak. You should check before you make statements like this. Of course the Cowboys still need to win the last 2 games.
Those are all current. You should check before you make statements like that.

kskboys

Reaction score

Not as GM.