Nepotism is our biggest problem

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
In fairness to Jerry, it's not his fault that nobody called offering what we needed to upgrade the roster.

We're at the mercy of the league. All we can do is pay our phone bill and hope.
Yeah god forbid we would expect our gm to go out and make a deal happen or seek out some talent and depth. Let’s just let him sit on his yacht by
The phone drinking his Johnny Walker blue and waiting for the phone to ring.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Wait.....what is this about? I don't think I've heard this story.....
Mike McCarthy is the new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys and he had to confess something during his first day on the job. During his introductory press conference, McCarthy talked about how he studied different offenses this past season including the Cowboys offense which was led by offensive coordinator Kellen Moore and quarterback Dak Prescott. But when he was asked about how in-depth he got when studying offenses from last season, the former Green Bay Packers head coach admitted to stretching the truth when he was being interviewed by team owner Jerry Jones.

"I need to confess: I told Jerry I watched every play of the 2019 season," McCarthy said Wednesday according to USA Today. "I wanted the job. You do what you gotta do right?"

"It was more about tracking the trends and seeing what people were doing," he continued. "And a big part of it, too, was watching players, watching some of these new offenses, really a couple of guys on defense we were able to study.

"With the Cowboys and their excellent offense, they were a big part of those studies. It was more situational specific."

Stephen was sitting next to him and laughed when McCarthy made the confession.

Frauds surround themselves with frauds.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Not so much nepotism as the perverse reality of Jerry Jones being able to keep himself as GM

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
You only look at the fact Jerry made no moves to sure up depth and improve glaring weaknesses. Diggs goes down. Jerry does nothing, LVE goes down. Jerry does nothing. Then how they wasted a pick on 5 ft nothing deuce when we needed a real rb who could push it in from the goal line. simply to make his papa proud and in servitude to jerry forever. Nepotism is so out of control even jerry himself thinks so much of himself a GM he refuses to hire a real GM. I mean is there any doubt if jerry did not own the team he would have went thru five GM’S by now. Now I love Jerry as an owner and he has changed the league forever but his nepotism his own and the cowboys worst enemy.
Jerry the GM
Is the Cowboys worst enemy.

rambo2

Reaction score
You only look at the fact Jerry made no moves to sure up depth and improve glaring weaknesses. Diggs goes down. Jerry does nothing, LVE goes down. Jerry does nothing. Then how they wasted a pick on 5 ft nothing deuce when we needed a real rb who could push it in from the goal line. simply to make his papa proud and in servitude to jerry forever. Nepotism is so out of control even jerry himself thinks so much of himself a GM he refuses to hire a real GM. I mean is there any doubt if jerry did not own the team he would have went thru five GM’S by now. Now I love Jerry as an owner and he has changed the league forever but his nepotism his own and the cowboys worst enemy.
The majority of the league would love to have our problems.

rambo2

Reaction score
Jerry the GM
Is the Cowboys worst enemy.
Just think if Bum Bright never sold the team. The Cowboys would have gone broke and wouldn't be here anymore. Maybe they would have gone to Tennessee and we would still have the Oilers in Houston.

Reactions: JPM

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am not about to go thru the whole last 28 years of failure but I could. I am dealing with just this season only. I mean if you’re happy with ten wins and first round exits then so be it. But that’s for Minnesota Vikings fans. Cowboys fans expect more and should.
Biggest nepotism issue:
Stephen Jones is the number 2 football guy in Dallas.
His credentials:
Being Jerry's son .
Neither Jerry or Stephen get a job with any other team.
They don't have the resume or the track record to deserve it

rambo2

Reaction score
Biggest nepotism issue:
Stephen Jones is the number 2 football guy in Dallas.
His credentials:
Being Jerry's son .
Neither Jerry or Stephen get a job with any other team.
They don't have the resume or the track record to deserve it
How about 12 wins in three consecutive seasons? How many teams have that current streak going?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Nepotism is a huge problem in the National Football League. Owners and their unqualified offspring only hiring people they are most comfortable with. Coaches bringing in their whole family tree with minimal experience. Guys have no problem with jobs going to the lowest qualified as long as they look like them.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
You only look at the fact Jerry made no moves to sure up depth and improve glaring weaknesses. Diggs goes down Jerry does nothing, LVE goes down. Jerry does nothing. Then how they wasted a pick on 5 ft nothing deuce when we needed a real rb who could push it in from the goal line. simply to make his papa proud and in servitude to jerry forever. Nepotism is so out of control even jerry himself thinks so much of himself a GM he refuses to hire a real GM. I mean is there any doubt if jerry did not own the team he would have went thru five GM’S by now. Now I love Jerry as an owner and he has changed the league forever but his nepotism his own and the cowboys worst enemy.
Where have you been the last 27 years. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones has never done nothing to win a Super Bowl since signing Deion Sanders to prove to he can win a Super Bowl without the man that made the Dynasty. In 2 years Jones destroy what took 5 years for Jimmy Johnson, Bob Ackles and John Wooten to build. It is not going to change with a family run football team. Arlington Jonesboys are not the Dallas Cowboys.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's our second biggest problem.

The biggest problem is that the league does not want the Cowboys to be champions and has officiating policies designed to prevent it from happening.

rambo2

Reaction score
We have won 12 games this year already. I guess if you count preseason games. Cuz as far as I can see right now we only have ten.
10 + 2 equals 12 and they are favored to do that. It looks like they will be the only team in the league to do that the last 3 years. You can keep crying if you want, but this team is good and they could win this year. A win over the Lions give them wins over 4 of the 6 teams in the playoffs and they very well could have wins over all of them before it is all over with.

kskboys

Reaction score
10 + 2 equals 12 and they are favored to do that. It looks like they will be the only team in the league to do that the last 3 years. You can keep crying if you want, but this team is good and they could win this year. A win over the Lions give them wins over 4 of the 6 teams in the playoffs and they very well could have wins over all of them before it is all over with.
Nope, you should check stats before making such statements.

rambo2

Reaction score
Chiefs have won 13 games plus in 5 consecutive seasons.

Bills have won 12 games in 3 consecutive seasons.

Niners have now won 12 games in 3 consecutive seasons.

What was the point of this again?
I said current streak. You should check before you make statements like this. Of course the Cowboys still need to win the last 2 games.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Chiefs have won 13 games plus in 5 consecutive seasons.

Bills have won 12 games in 3 consecutive seasons.

Niners have now won 12 games in 3 consecutive seasons.

What was the point of this again?
Rambo is really Jerry going incognito after finishing off his bottle of Johnny Walker for the night. I would have thought you all would have figured that out by. Now

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Stephen is a function of nepotism, true. The other stuff is dumb sentimentalism or naked marketing. In any event, we aren't managed by professional football people.
No, they’re professional football people, there is just no accountability because they also own the team, Like OP said, would be on GM #5 MINIMUM if we were same as any other team since Jimmy left.