Nets to make offer for Dwight Howard

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
kev8822;4278753 said:
Lakers or NY. article a few days ago in one of the la papers abot the lakers trying to trade for cp3, ans dwight

Oh, I know. MB4 gets excited from time to time thinking the Nets will land a super star, only to be dissappointed (Lebron, Melo now Dwight) so I gotta mess with him.

FWIW, I wouldn't be suprised if the Lakers got Dwight and Derron. The Lakers manage to swing a deal for Dwight, the Nets won't will likely have to accept losing Derron for nothing or taking a guy like Pau Gasol in return

TOYSTER17

Pimpstocious and Pimpalicious
Reaction score
JackWagon;4278754 said:
Dwight is headed to the lakers. Twin Towers Bynum and Dwight.

They'd most likely have to give up Bynum in order to get Dwight.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4278777 said:
This isnt a videogame, dude.
Odom, Bynum, cash to help bail out Orlando's finacial issues and their first rounder in 2013. When Bynum is healthy, he's a much better player than Lopez.

Deron Williams is not the Derrick Rose level player you seem to think he is.

Odom and Bynum. That'll he'll them save money and rebuild. Would they sign Odom if he was a FA? No. They need cap/tax relief and picks.

Lopez torched Bynum for like 42 last time they played. Bynum fouled out and Kobe was singing Lopez's praises.

Theres a reason deron is one of the most respected players in the game. He's not on a video game but he's clearly elite. Top 2, and he plays defense.

Manwiththeplan;4278794 said:
Oh, I know. MB4 gets excited from time to time thinking the Nets will land a super star, only to be dissappointed (Lebron, Carmelo)

That seemed to work out pretty well :p

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4278723 said:
Dwight only took a team with far worse talent to the finals. The only 1-2 combo I can think of better than Deron/Dwight is Rose/Blake . And that's based on potential.

Patently false. It's not about "talent" as much as it is about matchups, too.

Nobody in the east could matchup with the length of that Orlando Magic team, particularly on the perimeter. You have 4 of 5 starters standing at 6'10" or better, I believe.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
This isnt a videogame, dude.
The cap is $58M. They'd have Deron for 17, morrow for 4, farmar for 3, petro for 3 and then filler. They can sign Nene or Chandler for about $8M per and trade for Dwight and Hedo. Trust me, dude.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The trade rumor I have heard for Paul to the Lakers is Odom, Vujacic, Blake, Ebanks and a 1st and 2nd. I don't know if this has any weight to it but this is what I've heard thrown around.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
casmith07;4278821 said:
Patently false. It's not about "talent" as much as it is about matchups, too.

Nobody in the east could matchup with the length of that Orlando Magic team, particularly on the perimeter. You have 4 of 5 starters standing at 6'10" or better, I believe.

Rafer Alston, Courtney lee, Hedo and
Rashard. Only Lee plays defense and only Lee is worth anything right now. Dwight is that good on defense.

I know, my team started rafer and lee and we were historically bad b/c our center is average on D.

The trade rumor I have heard for Paul to the Lakers is Odom, Vujacic, Blake, Ebanks and a 1st and 2nd

Doubtful. Sasha is playing overseas(and hurt I think) and was traded from the lakers last year

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4278828 said:
The cap us $58M. They'd have Deron for 17, morrow for 4, farmar for 3, petro for 3 and then filler. They can sign Nene or Chandler for about $8M per and trade for Dwight and Hedo. Trust me, dude.

Chandler is going to cost a LOT more than $8 million for whoever signs him. Cuban will have no reservations about giving him at least $12 million unless he wants to make a run at Howard, so the Nets will have to outbid at least that. If a strong suitor come along, Chandler may get close to the max as ridiculous as that would be.

$17 million
$17 million
$12 million
$10 million

That's $56 million for four players right there. Do you want the Nets pay 6-7 guys the vet minimum just to fill out their roster? That's assuming that's even an option, I don't know how many of their current players they can cut with no cap obligations.

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how the Lakers could get both CP3 & Dwight? I think we'll get one of them, but I don't see how we get both. If we did I'd piss my pants.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Im actually a Nene guy. I put Tyson in there to get at the Mavs fans. I think Tyson and Dwight as a front line is sexy but probably redundant. Nene could spread things out more at 4.

The30YardSlant;4278839 said:
Chandler is going to cost a LOT more than $8 million for whoever signs him. Cuban will have no reservations about giving him at least $12 million unless he wants to make a run at Howard, so the Nets will have to outbid at least that. If a strong suitor come along, Chandler may get close to the max as ridiculous as that would be.

$17 million
$17 million
$12 million
$10 million

That's $56 million for four players right there. Do you want the Nets pay 6-7 guys the vet minimum just to fill out their roster? That's assuming that's even an option, I don't know how many of their current players they can cut with no cap obligations.

Yes.

But there are other things they could do. There are some other exceptions and what-not.

And also they can trade Hedo and cash for 2-3 players who total $8M-$10M. But that would be putting the cart before the horse and I don't want to do that.

juck

Reaction score
Deron Williams is coming home to Dallas by next year.

TOYSTER17

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4278902 said:
Interesting however I would be shocked if Odom weren't involved.

With a third team, they wouldn't have to involve Odom. I don't think the Lakers would give up three bigs for Howard+CP3, They'd have no depth behind/alongside Howard. And no way can they expect to give up Bynum+Odom for Howard+CP3; it would have to be Bynum+Pau.

Reaction score
TOYSTER17;4278913 said:
With a third team, they wouldn't have to involve Odom. I don't think the Lakers would give up three bigs for Howard+CP3, They'd have no depth behind/alongside Howard. And no way can they expect to give up Bynum+Odom for Howard+CP3; it would have to be Bynum+Pau.

Damn so if this were to happen this would be the starting lineup.

CP3/Kobe/Ron/LO/Dwight

Three superstars, sixth man of the year, and one of the better perimeter defenders. Can you say dynasty? What is the chance this happens though?

TOYSTER17

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4278938 said:

CP3/Kobe/Ron/LO/Dwight

Three superstars, sixth man of the year, and one of the better perimeter defenders. Can you say dynasty? What is the chance this happens though?

I'd say a very small chance. But the chances of getting at least Howard? I'd put that at likely.

pg/Kobe/Ron/Pau/Dwight

Now that would be something. No way can they double Dwight like they did in Orlando. Would be quite an offensive and defensive team.

BadWolf

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4278938 said:

CP3/Kobe/Ron/LO/Dwight

About the same chances as getting mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BadWolf;4278989 said:
About the same chances as getting mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day.

Hold up a minute here......... Which one would I have to be mauled by first?

Reaction score
BadWolf;4278989 said:

I bet people said that about the Pau Gasol trade. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but if I've learned anything being a Lakers fan as long as I have been (Been one since I was 5) it's that nothing is impossible with this franchise. Who would've thought they would be able to get Pau Gasol an all star for Kwame freaking Brown? I doubt anybody expected that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4279004 said:
I bet people said that about the Pau Gasol trade. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but if I've learned anything being a Lakers fan as long as I have been (Been one since I was 5) it's that nothing is impossible with this franchise. Who would've thought they would be able to get Pau Gasol an all star for Kwame freaking Brown? I doubt anybody expected that.

Kobe Bryant for Vlade Divac.

Magic Johnson for what essentially amounted to Gail Goodrich.

James Worthy for Don Ford and Chad Kinch in exchange for Butch Lee and Clevelands 1982 1st round pick (Big Game James).

Kareem Abdul Jabbar (and Walt Wesley) for Elmore Smith, Brian Winters, Dave Meyers and Junior Bridgeman.

Wilt Chamberlain for Darrell Imhoff, Jerry Chambers and Archie Clark.

It happens more then you might think.