Nets to make offer for Dwight Howard

Reaction score
Yeah I forgot about those. No wonder the Lakers are so dominant. They have great management, but it also helps teams always seemingly give them great players for nothing.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Originally posted by: Marc Stein
I think that offer is better than anything the Lakers can put on the table because Bynum still has durability issues and Pau Gasol is not the dominant player he was a year or two ago. It’s a difficult decision because there’s no slam dunk option out there, but you just have to make the best of the situation the way Denver did with Carmelo Anthony.

This guy knows wsup

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4279113 said:
This guy knows wsup

No he doesn't. Gasol struggled in the playoffs, but you can't just throw out what he did the two prior years before. Dude still averages 18 & 10 and still an all star and one of the better post players in the game. Bynum may have durability issues, but he's still a better player than Lopez.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4279123 said:
No he doesn't. Gasol struggled in the playoffs, but you can't just throw out what he did the two prior years before. Dude still averages 18 & 10 and still an all star and one of the better post players in the game. Bynum may have durability issues, but he's still a better player than Lopez.

Then why come Bropez dumps all over Bynum when they play?

kev8822

Reaction score
Teams can put better offers for Dwight on the table. BUT if Dwight says you can trade for me but I'm NOT signing an extension, then teams will shy away. Maybe Dwight wants to go to NJ?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
kev8822;4279215 said:
Teams can put better offers for Dwight on the table. BUT if Dwight says you can trade for me but I'm NOT signing an extension, then teams will shy away. Maybe Dwight wants to go to NJ?

No way he actively wants to go to the Nets. But I think Deron and Nene could be enough to make it acceptable.

I'm scurred though b/c he really wants to be a star and LA is the way.

So it comes down to whats the ratio of his desires? Championship to stardom. Nets give him more of the former. Lakers the latter

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4279232 said:
No way he actively wants to go to the Nets. But I think Deron and Nene could be enough to make it acceptable.

So it comes down to whats the ratio of his desires? Championship to stardom. Nets give him more of the former. Lakers the latter

How in the world do the Nets give him a better chance at a title? In L.A. he'd playing with a superstar for the first time in his career with Kobe and another all star in Gasol. In New Jersey he'd only be playing with Deron Williams.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4279239 said:
How in the world do the Nets give him a better chance at a title? In L.A. he'd playing with a superstar for the first time in his career with Kobe and another all star in Gasol. In New Jersey he'd only be playing with Deron Williams.

I posted it in this thread

Deron and Dwight in their 20's. Nene or Chandler to take some off the defensive burden off. And Dwight specifically mentioned playing with our 2 guard. Anthony Morrow, the NBA's career leader in 3 pt. %

Kobe can't do it forever.

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4279250 said:
I posted it in this thread

Deron and Dwight in their 20's. Nene or Chandler to take some off the defensive burden off. And Dwight specifically mentioned playing with our 2 guard. Anthony Morrow, the NBA's career leader in 3 pt. %

Kobe can't do it forever.

It's not a guarantee they get either NeNe or Chandler.

In L.A. he'd be playing with Kobe and probably Pau.

Kobe > Deron, Pau > Chandler or NeNe

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4279251 said:
It's not a guarantee they get either NeNe or Chandler.

In L.A. he'd be playing with Kobe and probably Pau.

Kobe > Deron, Pau > Chandler or NeNe

Free agency begins in 2 weeks. Dwight will be traded in a few months.

What's Kobe 35? And he just had some experimental therapy on his knees.

All things considered :
Deron
Kobe
Nene/gasol
Chandler

If I were him I would consider LA, NJ/BK, Dal, Chi, and the Knicks as acceptable destinations based on talent and ownership. But I wouldn't have the star aspirations he does so his list could be shorter.

And if I were him no way do I play for Donald Sterling(Clippers)

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4279266 said:
Free agency begins in 2 weeks. Dwight will be traded in a few months.

What's Kobe 35? And he just had some experimental therapy on his knees.

All things considered :
Deron
Kobe
Nene/gasol
Chandler

If I were him I would consider LA, NJ/BK, Dal, Chi, and the Knicks as acceptable destinations based on talent and ownership. But I wouldn't have the star aspirations he does so his list could be shorter.

And if I were him no way do I play for Donald Sterling(Clippers)

Kobe is 33. MJ won his 4th at that age. Everything that I'm hearing is Kobe's knee is in the best shape it's been in years. There's been reports that he has been doing between the leg dunks and just basically jumping out of the gym. I really believe he's gonna have a monster season this year.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
RT @ESPNDallas: Mavs' T-Chandler expects to "be on new team come training camp" -

Chris Broussard and Marc Stein report that " NBA front office sources list New Jersey, Golden State, Houston and Toronto as the teams chasing Chandler hardest." Broussard and Stein also quote sources as saying the Mavs don't have enough cap space to sign both Chandler and their 2012 target, Deron Williams, but quote "one source close to Deron Williams" as saying it's unlikely that he would consider signing with the Mavericks unless he was joining both Dirk Nowitzki and Chandler.

juck

Reaction score
Dwight Howard said Mavs are on top of his list. Ric Bucher said it on ESPN.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Who could the Mavs trade?

If Dwight doesnt re-sign with his(new) team he forefits a lot of money. I've read $40M for him and CP3.

It's beneficial for him and Orlando to resolve this this season.

kev8822

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4279232 said:

Please. If the Lakers get Dwight another star would force their way to LA. Kobe ends career with 7 or 8 titles.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4279376 said:
Who could the Mavs trade?

If Dwight doesnt re-sign with his(new) team he forefits a lot of money. I've read $40M for him and CP3.

It's beneficial for him and Orlando to resolve this this season.

No where near $40 million. According to realgm.com had Melo waited it out and signed a max deal, w/o the sign and trade, he would've loss a whopping $5.8 Million.

So over the same 4 years, Howard, CP3 or Derron would lose like 6 million at best.

Reaction score
juck;4279349 said:
Dwight Howard said Mavs are on top of his list. Ric Bucher said it on ESPN.

:lmao: @ the fact you actually believe that clown. Bucher is no more a reliable source than you or me. He's the clown who said Kobe had played his last game as a Laker.

kev8822;4279397 said:
Please. If the Lakers get Dwight another star would force their way to LA. Kobe ends career with 7 or 8 titles.

Lakers wouldn't need another star if they got Dwight.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
John Hollinger tries to temper Knick fans enthusiasm but running Chris Paul through the number cruncher that is the new CBA and bottom lines it this way: "Looks like a slam dunk, right? Not so fast." Hollinger notes that Paul can't earn more than $13.5 million under any reasonable scenario and would sacrifice a large fortune long-term.

Hollinger writes: "So if Paul really wants to go to New York, he can go -- as long as he's willing to give up, at a minimum, forty million dollars to do it. (The same, incidentally, applies for Deron Williams or Dwight Howard.)"

---

It's not so much the cap, actually the Max seems to have gone up. It is signing with a new team that limits your Years and annual raises

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4279414 said:
John Hollinger tries to temper Knick fans enthusiasm but running Chris Paul through the number cruncher that is the new CBA and bottom lines it this way: "Looks like a slam dunk, right? Not so fast." Hollinger notes that Paul can't earn more than $13.5 million under any reasonable scenario and would sacrifice a large fortune long-term.

Hollinger writes: "So if Paul really wants to go to New York, he can go -- as long as he's willing to give up, at a minimum, forty million dollars to do it. (The same, incidentally, applies for Deron Williams or Dwight Howard.)"

---

It's not so much the cap, actually the Max seems to have gone up. It is signing with a new team that limits your Years and annual raises

that's the knicks b/c we won't be able to clear enough room to offer anymore. If Derron, Dwight or CP3 sign with a team that has the cap room, they'll only lose like 6 million

And actually, since NO can offer a 5th year an we can't, it's actually about $17 million since the final year would be $23 million or so. And lets be honest after 4 years I think we can all assume we'd resign him. So comparing 4 years, we're talking $17 million not $40 million.