New America's Team.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has happened with the Packers, Patriots and problem some other teams before the Saints.

Really at this point I don't even know why cowboys fans get upset about it anymore.

It is what it is but they will never be Americas team.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'm not worried about it, say 'America's team' and most people will pinpoint it to the Cowboys

StevenOtero

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1314890 said:
It has happened with the Packers, Patriots and problem some other teams before the Saints.

Really at this point I don't even know why cowboys fans get upset about it anymore.

summerisfunner;1314893 said:
I'm not worried about it, say 'America's team' and most people will pinpoint it to the Cowboys
True..

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
"commitment to excellence"

"pursuit of perfection"

"so easy a caveman can do it"

"like a rock"

"do you yahoo"

"google it"

"you've got questions, we've got answers"

"everywhere you want to be"

"america's team"

they are safe dont worry ;)

StevenOtero

Reaction score
YoMick;1314900 said:
"commitment to excellence"

"pursuit of perfection"

"so easy a caveman can do it"

"like a rock"

"do you yahoo"

"google it"

"you've got questions, we've got answers"

"everywhere you want to be"

"america's team"

they are safe dont worry ;)
:lmao:

tsumma

Reaction score
Forty Years of Piss poor seasons and there America's Team?

Rightttttt

Mansta54

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1314890 said:

:hammer:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Lol...

Al you have to do is look at the ratings to see who Americas team is.

I think it was posted a week or two ago that we scored in the highest 8 outta 10 games the NFL televised this year.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
otero1;1314887 said:
I'm getting tired of hearing this BS. If it wasn't for Katrina we'd never hear this..ever. Like someone stated in another thread. "NFL always wants the feel-good story." http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16630476/

Not only the "america's team" label, but did anyone else catch Drew Brees in the postgame interview with Chris Myers or whoever?

He started his statement with "How 'bout them Saints?"

That subtle crack at Dallas did not make me very happy.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
In related news, Fox has apologized for putting the pic of that blonde hottie in the "#@!* da Eagles" tshirt on tv.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jarv;1315040 said:
Lol...

Al you have to do is look at the ratings to see who Americas team is.

I think it was posted a week or two ago that we scored in the highest 8 outta 10 games the NFL televised this year.

Yep. It's amazing how so many mediots try to deny the obvious truth that the Cowboys have more fans than any other team - BY FAR. That's what being America's Team is about. It is a long-term-based moniker, not some temporary annointment of the day.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1315059 said:
In related news, Fox has apologized for putting the pic of that blonde hottie in the "#@!* da Eagles" tshirt on tv.

Why the was one of the best parts of the game. :laugh2:

SacredStar

Reaction score
Didn't Jerry Jones patent the phrase in 2002?

That's why he can sell the phrase on merchandise. Anyone using it could legally be sued for infringement if that's the case.

Most teams fans state that they don't really care about it, but it's funny how every teams fans wants the slogan labeled after their team. So, in reality, they do care.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Sucks that i missed that part of the game...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Saints are America's bandwagon team. They are a cinderella story, and people are confusing that with America's team. When they lose to Chicago they will be praised for how much fight they had, how hard they played, what they meant, blah blah blah. But 4 years from now they will slip into anonyminity (sp?) again and we will be right back where we started.

Any true football fan, regardless of their allegiance to a team, knows that the Cowboys are America's team.

PosterChild

Reaction score

I don't know what you're talking about and really would need to see it for myself in order to pass judgement, in terms of whether or not Fox ought to apologize for this alleged transgression across the public airwaves. I guess what I'm saying is, got a link, screenshot, youtube clip??;)

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The difference is that when they claim to be Americas Team nobody takes them seriously. Seriously I know so many Football fans and every single one of them know about the Cowboys past present and what should be future....Everybody is watching.

Can't say the same for the one year wonder fake "Amerricas team":rolleyes:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The majority of american sports fans are bandwagon fans. They flock to the team on top or one close to the top if there is a "feel good" story behind them. George Mason in last year's NCAA Basketball Tournament for example. Now, it's the Saints.

The Cowboys have done nothing over the last 10 years to earn respect with those kinds of fans and as such, have lost all rights to claim "America's Team" .. Americans want to be winners, not average teams. We are all conditioned in that respect.

The main reason for that line of thinking is that growing up prior to the internet (and even cable for some people), most of us were limited to only watching the best teams in different sports on television. Young sports players (aka: recruits) saw those same teams and became fans. So, the stronger teams stayed strong for a longer period of time.

Now, there is so much parity in all sports that there are no guaranteed winners each year. Sure, there are teams that are good almost every year, but again, americans want winners, not "better than average" teams, to root for.

-Reality