New coaching staff and moving on from Dak

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Keep Dak, move on from Coop and draft a WR in a deep 1st round. Though I’d still rather have that disruptive S or DT. On Coop. Guy is near unstoppable when motivated and running perfect routes but injuries seem to crop up, he gets a little surly when things aren’t going well and the drops showed back up. You going to throw cap at that?

shabazz

Reaction score
The niners, saints and packers have seemed to figure it out.

This wrong idea that building a quality defense means needing 11 pro bowlers to play defense is the thought that keeps our fanbase looking stupid.

No team does this. No team needs to. Coaching, scheme is how you play great team defense.

Look at the Rams and that sorry defense. They have a ton of name brand players and gave up 2 #1's for ramsey and the dude hasnt touched the ball since he got there.

2 of those teams have Elite Qb’s that overcome any and all deficiency’s on both sides of the ball so they earn that salary. They elevate everyone around them and will their team s to victory with average players around them. The nines built a strong team in the trenches via the draft and are really overpaying Jimmy G so we will see how that works out

We don’t have either of those scenarios going on here in Dallas

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
That’s basic form and technique. Our guys try to “hit stick” because of their size and speed. Wrap up and have the cavalry bring down together.
Yeah, I just look at the 49ers DB’s. Besides Sherman I’ll admit I didn’t know who many of them were before this year. But those guys are excellent tacklers. Awuzie and Jones are SOFT.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
2 of those teams have Elite Qb’s that overcome any and all deficiency’s on both sides of the ball so they earn that salary. They elevate everyone around them and will their team s to victory with average players around them. The nines built a strong team in the trenches via the draft and are really overpaying Jimmy G so we will see how that works out

We don’t have either of those scenarios going on here in Dallas
The packers defense has been horrible for 5/6 years. They picked up a couple guys in free agency and hired a new staff and Boom it’s changed.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm leaning super heavy on the tag side. Any new coach would love to have him to start but would not want to be married to the idea it is what he wants.

It makes all the sense in the world to do this as Dak is already requesting top money so his price can’t go up. If a new coach AND Dak works out and we beat winning teams, so much the better and resigning him at Elite money could make sense. Could be a win-win situation

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
It makes all the sense in the world to do this as Dak is already requesting top money so his price can’t go up. If a new coach AND Dak works out and we beat winning teams, so much the better and resigning him at Elite money could make sense. Could be a win-win situation
:thumbup:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Signing Dakota BEFORE a new coach has a chance to weigh in on it is foolish......so yeah Jerry would probably do it

Call me a fool, but this time my gut tells me not even Jerry is sold on Dak anymore!
This coming off-season expect bad news for #4 and not only from the Boys but the FA market.
I mean with the exception of some Dak cheerleaders here no one in the NFL is sold on Dak!

Eightneight

Reaction score
They aren't letting Dak go. And betting on a qb in the draft "to develop" is football suicide. Personally, I believe that a competent football coach can fix many of the issues that plague this team.

Eightneight

Reaction score
Keep Dak, move on from Coop and draft a WR in a deep 1st round. Though I’d still rather have that disruptive S or DT. On Coop. Guy is near unstoppable when motivated and running perfect routes but injuries seem to crop up, he gets a little surly when things aren’t going well and the drops showed back up. You going to throw cap at that?
I agree. After what we've seen from cooper the back half of this season, I'd let that dude walk. Looks to me like he has quit on the team.

GMO415

Reaction score
Who ever comes in here, will have to take Dak as his QB.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Call me a fool, but this time my gut tells me not even Jerry is sold on Dak anymore!
This coming off-season expect bad news for #4 and not only from the Boys but the FA market.
I mean with the exception of some Dak cheerleaders here no one in the NFL is sold on Dak!
Your magic 8-ball is leaking.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak isn't going anywhere. Would I be shocked to see us pick up a guy like Fitzpatrick as insurance in the offseason? NOPE. I see a great fit here. We also need to fortify the interior dline. Its very weak.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
The Cowboys need to bring in a whole new coaching staff ASAP. so we can get one leg up in changing this team for the better.

Move on from Dak - not worth the money that he will demand. Either move up in the draft and get your new quarterback or find a FA QB while still drafting a QB to develop. We paid Zeke which is still young and still in his prime. Do what we need to make the OL better.

The new coach and OC will need to build the passing game around the new QB strengths if that means short, quick passes/reads and screens, so be it. For the defense invest in DT's and safeties in the off-season.

The money saved from DAK we can fix all these problems we have and still be able to keep building this team. Paying DAK we are just going to waste the careers of existing players we have now instead of adding others to make them better.
While I no longer think Dak will work out for us in the long run, if they do decide to move on from him, Zeke will need to go as that will be a complete rebuild and we will need picks that Zeke might get us.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Not if you build through the draft which we’ve struggled with honestly
We’ve done of solid job drafting on offense but we’ve missed badly on Dline lately
Hill has shown nothing, Taco already gone, can’t or won’t get a safety
The key to this team going forward is the draft and hitting on some D players
Hill and taco hurt us because we passed on better players to get them
Just will hill there was good safety talent for the taking
You can’t draft guys that don’t love the game and have good work ethics and hill seems to be the opposite and taco sure was

get rid of the play zone , man in front, limit to FGs

learn to defend roll out QBs . TE down the seam
And screens. No more play run on way to QB

Answer no more Marinelli . see if Richard truly wanted a different D, if not goodbye

New punter. Pathetic field position

Goodbye Mr Politician for a coach JG.

You were a backup QB and have delivered 500 results

Opposing coaches know your menu of 15 scripted plays. That’s why we start slow every game.

Playing to keep the game within 7 your speciality. How about some attack?

10 years too long waiting on process.

Fan since 60’s so have seen it all and know JG isn’t the answer.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
Dak will get tagged, we wont be able to to replace him as our pick wont be high enough and anyone we can get with our first or second will need to year or two to be groomed. We don't want to completely set our next coaching staff up for failure.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak will get tagged, we wont be able to to replace him as our pick wont be high enough and anyone we can get with our first or second will need to year or two to be groomed. We don't want to completely set our next coaching staff up for failure.

Well the team already did that (trying to groom a QB) when they outright gave the job to Dak back in 2016, why not do it again but do it with a QB taken in the 1st round (we will have a mid round pick). But i agree Dak will get tagged for at least 1 season

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bus driving QB are a dime a dozen......:omg:..and a lot cheaper than the tag!