New coaching staff and moving on from Dak

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I agree. After what we've seen from cooper the back half of this season, I'd let that dude walk. Looks to me like he has quit on the team.

I wonder if he is more hurt than we realize and they were using him as a decoy and he knew it resulting in his looking like he’s not interested

Also don’t recall many deep balls to him lately. Those seemed to go to Gallup and could be a sign that his running was limited.

he was quoted as stating certain routes were open but not thrown

superonyx

Reaction score
2 of those teams have Elite Qb’s that overcome any and all deficiency’s on both sides of the ball so they earn that salary. They elevate everyone around them and will their team s to victory with average players around them. The nines built a strong team in the trenches via the draft and are really overpaying Jimmy G so we will see how that works out

We don’t have either of those scenarios going on here in Dallas
Uhhh.....then why was Drew Brees 7-9 in 4 out of 5 years recently? Why couldnt he elevate everyone around him and will these teams to victory? 7-9 over 4 out of 5 years......

The packers were 6-9-1 and 7-9 2 out of the last 3 years.

Explain this away

aikemirv

Reaction score
Give a coach like Lincoln or Urban that knows how to use Daks duel threat and you’d be amazed what he can do. Dak has thrown much better this year but he’s not Troy or Tony. Asking him to ONLY destroy teams from the pocked isn’t the best utilization of his skills.
Dak is NOT a dual threat QB. The sooner you guys realize that the better off you will be. He is not even top 10 if mobile QB's in the NFL.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think there's a coach out there who will dump Dak for some unknown QB. It is a foolish thought to begin with. The reason many coaches fail in their first stop is because they fail to get an NFL QB. Wanting to get rid of Dak because you hate him is foolish. You don't win as many games as a QB in the NFL by accident. Coaching is the biggest problem and has been for a long time.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Jerry picks the QB. That is what he will not give coaches the ability to do. If that makes Garrett a puppet instead of a fuddy duddy coach that brings in staff infections like Linehan and that idiot ST coach then whatever but that is Jerry’s thing.

erod

Reaction score
They aren’t moving on from Dak
Getting a QB is very hard and Dak is better than most of the QB’s in the league
We need to build a defense and trading away your entire draft to get a “maybe” makes that impossible
Dak is not better than most of the QBs in the league. How much more evidence do you need? He's incredibly limited.

erod

Reaction score
I don't think there's a coach out there who will dump Dak for some unknown QB. It is a foolish thought to begin with. The reason many coaches fail in their first stop is because they fail to get an NFL QB. Wanting to get rid of Dak because you hate him is foolish. You don't win as many games as a QB in the NFL by accident. Coaching is the biggest problem and has been for a long time.
Trade the farm to Cincinnati for Joe Burrow.

Get Lincoln Riley in here.

Rebuild.

conner01

Reaction score
Not remotely close.

Tannehill is better. So are Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater, Darnold, Allen, and many others.

He's the worst quarterback in this division.
He’s top 10 in nearly every category
If we are moving on at QB you might as well blow up the whole team because it’s gonna take the better part of two drafts to go up and get a QB and pray you got a good one
If you think the QB is what’s holding this team back that is worth it but if you think it’s coaching then it’s not a good move to start all over with a rebuild

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Trade the farm to Cincinnati for Joe Burrow.

Get Lincoln Riley in here.

Rebuild.
NO good coach will come here without a competent QB, and rebuild with an unknown. Going 41-23 in his 4 years of starting is better than any elite QB in the NFL. Urban Meyer nor any other coach will come here without a proven QB and rebuild.

dfense

Reaction score
After the coaching change, and hoping they get a defensive minded coach. The defensive line needs major upgrade, depth or whatever. Quinn should be a situational pass rusher. Not an every down DE. They need a real stout MLB and not a chase backer playing in the middle. They need a serious SS with range. This defense is weak right up the middle. DT LB S.

erod

Reaction score
He’s top 10 in nearly every category
If we are moving on at QB you might as well blow up the whole team because it’s gonna take the better part of two drafts to go up and get a QB and pray you got a good one
If you think the QB is what’s holding this team back that is worth it but if you think it’s coaching then it’s not a good move to start all over with a rebuild
Don't want to start over.

But if it means paying him $40 million per year, we need to start over.

erod

Reaction score
NO good coach will come here without a competent QB, and rebuild with an unknown. Going 41-23 in his 4 years of starting is better than any elite QB in the NFL. Urban Meyer nor any other coach will come here without a proven QB and rebuild.
Burrow is the best quarterback prospect since Andrew Luck.

Riley would consider that.

I don't think Riley wants anything to do with Dak, who doesn't have the talent to run his offense.

conner01

Reaction score
Don't want to start over.

But if it means paying him $40 million per year, we need to start over.
I don’t want to pay 40 mil either but the market decides the price
It’s too high even for an elite QB to me

FanSince71

Reaction score
I hope the next head coach drafts a QB in 2020, who is his own choice, to groom... but the Cowboys hang onto Dak for one more season on the franchise tag to see how Dak performs under a new coaching staff and scheme.

Dak has only had Garrett with Linehan and Garrett with Kellen Moore, who has 1 year of coordinator experience.

To even the most emphatic Dak opposers, I must ask: wouldn’t you want to see him with a new staff and scheme before cutting him loose? If not, why exactly?