New Cowboys Controversy

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Looks like they have to go after the cheerleaders now that none of the players are providing media coverage...

Controversy: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Whitney Isleib Allegedly Does Black-Face Lil' Wayne Costume

Posted by Edecio Martinez

ARLINGTON, Texas (CBS/CBS11)

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Whitney Isleib has inadvertently stepped into a Halloween controversy by reportedly dressing up as soon-to-be incarcerated rapper Lil' Wayne in black-face.

Photos of the blonde-haired cheerleader turned hip-hop impresario were posted to Facebook and eventually made their way to sports blog ********.com.

Offensive or just plain fun? Dallas fans are split.

"If she wasn't a Dallas cheerleader would it really matter? It's Halloween, you know. You get to go how you want to go" Cowboys fan Laura Pyhrr told CBS 11 Dallas at Sunday's game.

Another fan was less sure.

"I'm assuming you would hold yourself up to a higher standard - especially if you're playing for the Cowboys. But wow, not much I can say about that - it speaks for itself" said fan Richard Vasquez.

No one from the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders or the team would officially comment, but a team spokesman told us the team is aware of the situation and addressing it internally.

Isleib was not available for comment following Sunday's game.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? All in good fun or totally tasteless?

Reporting Contributed by CBS Affiliate CBS 11

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/02/crimesider/entry5494649.shtml

image5494774x.jpg

image5500297x.jpg

rynochop

Reaction score
Was surprised this "story" hadnt been posted on here yet. I'm sure they have a lot of rules to follow, but cant imagine they would fire her over this.

I'm not really sure how it could be offensive; other than she just looks offensive. Ugh

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
rynochop;3055533 said:
Was surprised this "story" hadnt been posted on here yet. I'm sure they have a lot of rules to follow, but cant imagine they would fire her over this.

I'm not really sure how it could be offensive; other than she just looks offensive. Ugh

Well, she looks like Lil' Wayne.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Seriously ??

This is an issue ??

What is the controversy ?

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3055543 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/siskofacepalm.gif

lol, facepalm gifs never get old.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You know things are quite at Valley Ranch when the media only has Cheerleaders to pick on. :laugh2:

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3055542 said:

That journalism has been conquered and clowns are disguising themselves as journalists.

newlander

Reaction score
YAWN............BORING..........BORING..........BORING

sINCERELY,

HOMER SIMPSON

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The majority of the comments on pretty much every forum where I've read this article, it has gotten the big "shrug" and "so what" from most of the readers.

So it's not really been an issue, even tho it's being reported on.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
What someone dresses up for on Halloween is now an issue? Who gives a crap? It's Halloween. People dress up as Michael Jackson, Michael Myers, Jeffery Dahmer, and all sorts of other people so why does this matter?

Oh, wait, I know why.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3055542 said:
Seriously ??

This is an issue ??

Controversy? Have you ever heard of...............

blacked%20band2.JPG

She's in black face. I'm shocked so many people are "yawning". Its not even about the Cowboys at this point. I find it more sad that its 2009 and we're still doing black face like its acceptable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3055617 said:
What someone dresses up for on Halloween is now an issue? Who gives a crap? It's Halloween. People dress up as Michael Jackson, Michael Myers, Jeffery Dahmer, and all sorts of other people so why does this matter?

Oh, wait, I know why.

She's in black face. That's why its controversial. Some still look down on such in this country.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3055546 said:
You know things are quiet at Valley Ranch when the media only has Cheerleaders to pick on. :laugh2:
How true! And it's not even close to be offending. Nothing to see here, folks...
:leave: