New Cowboys Controversy

Rackat

Reaction score
I am offended that the picture of the chimp in my avatar is dressed as a human. And that picture is not even from Halloween.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rackat;3057606 said:
I am not amazed that this got to 16 pages. I am amazed that anyone that actually knows and understands what "Black Face" is would even remotely think that this girl was doing "Black Face".

Seriously? Amazed? Why would you be amazed?

Look over the history of anything with even the slightest racial connotation on the internet, 16 pages sounds about right to me.

Rackat

Reaction score
TheCount;3057617 said:
Seriously? Amazed? Why would you be amazed?

Look over the history of anything with even the slightest racial connotation on the internet, 16 pages sounds about right to me.

Dude, did you read the words I wrote?

I am not amazed that this got to 16 pages. I am amazed that anyone that actually knows and understands what "Black Face" is would even remotely think that this girl was doing "Black Face".

FloridaRob

Reaction score
speaking of halloween costumes any body see the guy dressed up as Tim Tebow with a press guy attached to his groin. I don't want to link it here but if anybody wants to see it, send me a PM and I will give it to you. It isn't x-rated or anything but still not family oriented.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rackat;3057665 said:
Dude, did you read the words I wrote?

I read it but obviously missed a rather crucial "not", lol.

I don't know that it's blackface, media has been using black face recently differently than what the term actually means but essentially the accusation is not that she's racist (along with the other people that painted their skin to be black or hispanic), but rather racially insensitive.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
TheCount;3057924 said:

I don't know that it's blackface, media has been using black face recently differently than what the term actually means but essentially the accusation is not that she's racist (along with the other people that painted their skin to be black or hispanic), but rather racially insensitive.

I don't see how it's racially insensitive to dress up as someone with a different skin color on Halloween.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Ozzu;3057930 said:
I don't see how it's racially insensitive to dress up as someone with a different skin color on Halloween.

Because it might offend someone? There's a difference between dressing up as someone of a different race and doing something like that.

If I dressed up like Bruce Lee, it's one thing to walk around with my shirt off throwing high kicks with the bloody scratches on my chest and another to paint my skin yellow and tape my eyes slanted in the name of authenticity.

Their costumes wouldn't have suffered in the slightest without the painted skin.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FloridaRob;3057902 said:
speaking of halloween costumes any body see the guy dressed up as Tim Tebow with a press guy attached to his groin. I don't want to link it here but if anybody wants to see it, send me a PM and I will give it to you. It isn't x-rated or anything but still not family oriented.
I hope some others ask to see it. Too funny.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;3058024 said:
I hope some others ask to see it. Too funny.

Just search for "Tim Tebow halloween costume" on Google and click one of the top links.

Rackat

Reaction score
TheCount;3057924 said:

I was going to Hospital Corpsman "A" school for the Navy in 1987. I had already been in for over a year and had been to sea. As a 'senior' enlisted man I was promoted to Assistant Class Petty Officer under a guy that had been in three weeks longer than me. During our training we had to go to Camp Pendleton to participate in some "field medical training". On the bus ride from San Diego to Camp Pendleton the guys started telling jokes, starting with Your Mama jokes and escalating to ethnic jokes.

Mostly it was the Black guys ragging on the Hispanic guys and vice versa with Cracker jokes thrown in for good measure. It started to get a little heated, and to diffuse the situation I offered five dollars to the first guy that could tell me an ethnic joke about Indians (Native Americans). I thought my money was safe because as a Cherokee I had lived on reservations and thought that these urban dwellers would never have an ethnic joke pertaining to indians. Boy, was I wrong.

One of the African American guys jumped up and told this joke:

There was an old indian guy standing in the middle of Grand Central Station. Each time a pretty girl would walk by, he'd raise his hand and say "Chance".

This went on most of the day. Each pretty girl walking by with him saying "Chance".

Finally, a very pretty girl walked by and the indian raised his hand and said "Chance".

Dumbfounded, the girl stopped and asked "I thought you guys always asked 'how'?"

The indian replied "Me know how, just need chance".

I laughed my backside off and gladly gave up the five bucks. It diffused the situation, gave the guys a laugh, and reminded them that while we all may be different, we still had a common bond.

RESIN8

Reaction score
The Tebow thing was great.

The lil wayne thing is pretty dumb. Lame story and lame chick.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Utah Guard deron williams in his halloween costume! lol.

Blackface-Whiteface-thumb-500x268.jpg