New Cowboys Controversy

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Back around 1986 I went to a Halloween party with a buddy of mine. We went as Crocket and Tubbs from Miami Vice. I went as Tubbs. The costume I wore is pretty much exactly this one below.

miami-vice6.jpg

I wore a gray double breasted suit and gray shoes with an open white shirt and gold chain. We also had shoulder holsters and our firearms.

Two girls who were friends of mine did my hair and the makeup.

I never in a million years would have considered that what I did was in any way disrespectful to any race or person. The thought would not even enter my head. It was a popular TV show at the time and a costume party. Everyone knew who we were supposed to be.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't see the value in looking for the bad in every situation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3056105 said:
You mean if you're white don't portray a black person. That's what it really boils down to. Again if one of those nice looking black ladies had decided to be Kid Rock or Eminem then there would be zero issue with it. It's ok then, right?

This is as simple an issue as it always is in situations like this. White people shouldn't do these things cause they're white and it immediately means it's off limits otherwise, no matter what the intent or the situation, or anything else it's obviously got to be a white person trying to make fun of black people as a whole.

But reverse the roles and it's perfectly acceptable.

Did I say any of the above?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
zrinkill;3056212 said:
Problem is little Wayne only did when he was trying to get out of going to prison.

He got the gun possession charge after he changed though. When he started rocking horn rimmed glasses and leather jackets.

Spectre

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3056053 said:
She made no mistake.

There now two of us have said it.

I'm pretty sure in the rule book it says if two say so, it's so.
no mistake whatsoever.

make it 3 of us.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3056087 said:
Yes. I suppose that is what I'm saying. Of course, you or anybody, is entitled to be offended over whatever you like. However, if the majority of people are not inclined to be offended by that which you find offensive, then what does that say? It is encumbant upon each individual to evaluate what is or isn't offensive and make reasonable decision. It is unrealistic to expect others to find offense in something if the large majority is of the opinion that a given thing does not offend their own sensabilities. In society, most times, majority does rule.

Do you believe that the minority opinion should rule in society?

We don't even use majority rule when it comes to presidential elections. Anyway, in certain situations the minority opinion is appropriate to use especially when correcting ills of society. For example, in the early 60's, the majority of the people in certain southern states didn't want black folks to vote. Now I'm sure you will agree that the minority opinion should have been used to right this wrong.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3056240 said:
We don't even use majority rule when it comes to presidential elections. Anyway, in certain situations the minority opinion is appropriate to use especially when correcting ills of society. For example, in the early 60's, the majority of the people in certain southern states didn't want black folks to vote. Now I'm sure you will agree that the minority opinion should have been used to right this wrong.

:lmao:

All this from a cheerleader dressed as a ridiculous rapper who screams WHATTTT and YEAAAAAA as a lyric.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Hostile;3056220 said:
Back around 1986 I went to a Halloween party with a buddy of mine. We went as Crocket and Tubbs from Miami Vice. I went as Tubbs. The costume I wore is pretty much exactly this one below.

miami-vice6.jpg

I wore a gray double breasted suit and gray shoes with an open white shirt and gold chain. We also had shoulder holsters and our firearms.

Two girls who were friends of mine did my hair and the makeup.

I never in a million years would have considered that what I did was in any way disrespectful to any race or person. The thought would not even enter my head. It was a popular TV show at the time and a costume party. Everyone knew who we were supposed to be.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't see the value in looking for the bad in every situation.

Racist

I was gonna go as a Dark Elf to the Renaissance Festival this year until I realized that that would be "black face"

1527936790_27586f35bf.jpg

This chick should be ashamed at her racism.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
zrinkill;3056256 said:
Racist

I was gonna go as a Dark Elf to the Renaissance Festival this year until I realized that that would be "black face"

1527936790_27586f35bf.jpg

This chick should be ashamed at her racism.

Why did you call him a racist?

Spectre

Reaction score
zrinkill;3056248 said:
:lmao:

All this from a cheerleader dressed as a ridiculous rapper who screams WHATTTT and YEAAAAAA as a lyric.
lol

that's lil John, not lil Wayne.

lol

but same talent level so whatever.

lol

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3056240 said:

If you think this is even remotely the same thing then you sir are disparaging the efforts by many of the brave black and white people in the south who fought against such nonsense.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Spectre;3056278 said:
lol

lol

lol

Maybe they could do a duet and they could call it Lil John Wayne. Their album could be called "Lil Pilgrim"

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Spectre;3056278 said:
lol

lol

lol

Really?

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/lil-jon-ciara-lil-wayne.jpg

Wooooosh! Right over the head!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3056291 said:
Maybe they could do a duet and they could call it Lil John Wayne. Their album could be called "Lil Pilgrim"

How much would Hos hate that album ?

:laugh2:

Spectre

Reaction score
I'm part Shawnee Native American.
No one has been more discriminated against than my people.
This hot chick in her "Indian" costume offends me.

00755645.detail.a.jpg

From now on, no one can be an "Indian" for Halloween.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
NewJCowboy;3056240 said:

Presidential elections have nothing to do with this discussion and it would be a
severe mistake to try and draw it into this discussion.

I think the problem here is that you view this as right or wrong. In reality, it is neither. In the 40s, America was at War with Germany and Japan. It was not unccommen for people to refer to Germans and Japanese as ***** or Nipps. Of course, today that would not be acceptable but in 1940, it was not only acceptable but expected. Point being, it's not about right or wrong. It's about majority and perception. If we were having this same discussion and the majority of people in this country found this incident to be offensive, then I would likely say the same thing but I wouldn't be talking to you. I would be talking to somebody who didn't see it as wrong. See where I'm going here? Conversly, if the majority of people found this wrong, it's very likely that the young lady would not have considered dressing up in the costume she did. Society looks at this and sees not much IMO. I could be wrong and if I am, I'm certain I will hear about it. However, I think most know me to be reasonable, if some what conservative. I believe in right and wrong but I also believe that right is subject to what society deems right to be at any given point in time. There are things that I don't think are right but society sees little problem with. I chalk that up to me and move along. I see this in the same light.

BTW, you didn't answer the question.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Spectre;3056300 said:

00755645.detail.a.jpg

I have some Choctaw in me. I'm offended at that picture as well. She should take that costume off. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Spectre;3056300 said:
I'm part Shawnee Native American.
No one has been more discriminated against than my people.

00755645.detail.a.jpg

From now on, no one can be an "Indian" for Halloween.
Reminds me of this video. Try not to put your eyes out.

[youtube]GFGzGfym-7Y[/youtube]