New Member from NJ

Reaction score
Just joined today but have been lurking for a while. Last week I was too disgusted to type. Tonight I'm speechless. it's like rooting for two teams. Have been a fan since seventies, no idea why, likely saw Roger one Sunday and got hooked. Like a drug. People think Dallas fans have it so good, they have no idea. Have not missed a game since I could go to sports bars (1987?) and in NJ we get like 10 games a year (both Giants, both Philly (local), Thanksgiving, a few Sunday night and Monday nights, a few big games when they're good) so it's not a hassle.

Glad to be here.

L-

Xelda

Reaction score
Welcome @Old-Angry-Cowboy-Fan and trust me, if anyone understands what you're talking about it's us. Can't much blame you about last week. I didn't get to sleep until after 5am the next morning. Night games are awful! I expect the Dallas Cowboys to act like a professional football team with finesse instead of a group of inept players and coaches. We haven't had a clue what kind of team we've got. It took 6 weeks to see what we're been hoping for. I hope they carry it forward in our next ten games.

Reaction score
Welcome @Old-Angry-Cowboy-Fan and trust me, if anyone understands what you're talking about it's us. Can't much blame you about last week. I didn't get to sleep until after 5am the next morning. Night games are awful! I expect the Dallas Cowboys to act like a professional football team with finesse instead of a group of inept players and coaches. We haven't had a clue what kind of team we've got. It took 6 weeks to see what we're been hoping for. I hope they carry it forward in our next ten games.

I don't think Dak has ever lost to Deadskins and we usually win there (Maryland). You don't know if Gak or Bak will show up. If we get that and beat the Titans at home the next week we go into Philly 5-3. That's the game. Unfortunately, it's another night game ;-( but hopefully we get a win.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't think Dak has ever lost to Deadskins and we usually win there (Maryland). You don't know if Gak or Bak will show up. If we get that and beat the Titans at home the next week we go into Philly 5-3. That's the game. Unfortunately, it's another night game ;-( but hopefully we get a win.
lets beat the Commanders 1st, this will be the best skin team dak has face, they are 3-2 and just beat Carolina.

Reaction score
lets beat the Commanders 1st, this will be the best skin team dak has face, they are 3-2 and just beat Carolina.

True. I shouldn't look ahead, especially with this team. Who knows if today's team or the one that played Houston gets on the plane to Maryland? I hope it's today's ;-)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
True. I shouldn't look ahead, especially with this team. Who knows if today's team or the one that played Houston gets on the plane to Maryland? I hope it's today's ;-)
exactly , that too, that is my main concern, we have 2 Dallas teams, and you never know which one will be playing lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Welcome to the zoo, Angry!

I'm hoping this was the corner they needed to turn, to find out who they really are....but I'm not putting all my eggs in that basket.

I take it you're in South Jersey?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice to have a Joisie Boy on board. Runny is from CT and all uppity about it.

Great moniker, Angry, and that could be an entire group of fans here. And you are right about the struggle to remain a fan because others do not know what it's like to root for a team that has an owner like this one. Even Crazy Al, at his craziest, knew more than Booger does about building a team.

Welcome to the madness because now you will see the SB talk out in gen pop. There are a few of us in the middle but this gets as crazy as the old DC.com after a big win.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nice to have a Joisie Boy on board. Runny is from CT and all uppity about it.

Great moniker, Angry, and that could be an entire group of fans here. And you are right about the struggle to remain a fan because others do not know what it's like to root for a team that has an owner like this one. Even Crazy Al, at his craziest, knew more than Booger does about building a team.

Welcome to the madness because now you will see the SB talk out in gen pop. There are a few of us in the middle but this gets as crazy as the old DC.com after a big win.
Hey, I grew up in Jersey!...and don't ask "What exit?"

Reaction score
Hey Run Wild, Hey Couch. Middle of the road is what we don't have in Jersey. Most Cowboy fans out here couldn't pick Sean Lee out of a line up. Run Wild, I'm Central jersey, right in the middle. As a kid we got NY TV signal so CBS (NFC) and NBC (AFC) were 2 and 4 respectively (back in the Brent, Irv and Phyllis days). Just fifteen minutes south, with bunny ears, you had TV signal from Philly strong enough to catch. Here NBC was 3 and CBS was 10. Whenever there were those dopey league restrictions and I was going to miss a Cowboy game because the Giants were on I could go to a friend's house w my black n white and bunny ears. That was also how I did Eagle games. That's how I watched the 89 game where Troy got sacked like 10 times, like a nightmare. When Jerry's head hits the pillow at the end of the night I think he loves the Cowboys inside and out, they (him and Stephen) just aren't personnel guys and never will be so progress is always slow.

Reaction score
Right before you go over into Pennsylvania, yes? I had a buddy w a house in Lake Wallenpaupuk and used to go through West Milford on the way there. I used to stop there to get corn and tomatoes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Right before you go over into Pennsylvania, yes? I had a buddy w a house in Lake Wallenpaupuk and used to go through West Milford on the way there. I used to stop there to get corn and tomatoes.
Actually, it's on the New York State line, about halfway between the Eastern and Western borders, but not too far from PA.

You should go up there on Halloween. One of the ten most haunted towns in America...just watch out for bears!

Reaction score
Actually, it's on the New York State line, about halfway between the Eastern and Western borders, but not too far from PA.

You should go up there on Halloween. One of the ten most haunted towns in America...just watch out for bears!

My mistake, I was thinking of just "Milford" I just google mapped it. You were close to Action Park! Don't get me started.