Game Day New Orleans Saints at Dallas Cowboys | 2nd Half Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Just gotta take chances and go deep down field. Only way we can put 4 touchdowns on the board assuming they score another one.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Blaming Dak is just silly. This is the worst defensive showing in maybe 30 years.
I know it's actually hilarious how triggered so many posters are by Dak being on this team. That a defense in one half could give up 310 yds and 5 TDs on 5 possessions in 26 plays mind you in less than 12 mins of possession yet the ONLY thing they can complain about is "$60mm" QB who had one bad play, an INT where the WR tripped. Yet of the 15 other teams playing today, only 3 scored more points than the cowboys (Seattle - 1 point more, Chargers - 4 pts more and playing the Panthers, and Saints with a whopping 35 pts given up by the Cowboys Defense). If your only concern is about Dak, then you obviously influenced by extreme bias.

Praxit

Reaction score
..if this was DQ. Game over. But lets see what Zimmer can deliver.

STOP.>>> giving up BIG plays. There was 3 last half.

Cydios

Reaction score
I think last week fooled us. But I think we need to look at the roster and understand that this team is lacking depth at certain positions and tried to fill it in with cheap unproven, or over the hill players.

Brooks and Tolbert are JAGs, I am not sure Brooks would play for any other team but Dallas.

The defense has not fixed the problems that had last year. There is no pass rush outside Micah and if a team commits to stopping him there is no one else to put pressure on the QB. The run defense is only marginally improved over last year.

On offense, we have no running game and that puts a lot of pressure on receivers like Tolbert and Brooks because CeeDee is going to see a lot of attention and Cooks is a limited #2 at best.

Finally, to think that a rookie like Carson could come in and take the place of an all-pro like Bland is just folly.

I think Dallas is going to have games like this one all season long. Their weaknesses along the DL, and the inability to threaten defenses with a running game are going to open them up to some big offensive outputs against them.
Lemme help you with this "This team lacks depth, relying on unproven or aging players. The defense still struggles with pass rush and run defense, and the offense lacks a running game, putting pressure on the receivers. Dallas will likely face these issues all season."

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And to think that Zimmer was brought in because of his success against the Shanahan type offenses!
I was going to ask if anyone wishes we had Quinn back now. What so many fail to understand is that the coordinators are not the problem. The personnel men, particularly the Joneses, are the problem. When we're signing DTs off the street, filling holes with cheap FAs, etc., it's tough for weaknesses not to be exposed at times. We've got some very good players that we've drafted, but without supplementing those picks, it's just hard to keep the holes from being exploited.

clff15701

Reaction score
Can’t blame Dak for this nonsense. The D is giving up 17 yards a play. They are scoring at will.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals hope yall are enjoying the game!
Not watching as it's not on local TV and i am not doing sports bars this season
yes, we're enjoying the game.....

XtAaS9.gif

gtb1943

Reaction score
Ten years ago I would be stomping around pissed
now I am just numb
Dak is playing well; but no run game and the D

DOES NOT EXIST

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Saints are going to score another 20+ points on this putrid Zimmer Defense and end the game with a total 55+ points.

What an embarrassment! :banghead:

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I'd take that bet.

I think last week fooled us. But I think we need to look at the roster and understand that this team is lacking depth at certain positions and tried to fill it in with cheap unproven, or over the hill players.

Brooks and Tolbert are JAGs, I am not sure Brooks would play for any other team but Dallas.

The defense has not fixed the problems that had last year. There is no pass rush outside Micah and if a team commits to stopping him there is no one else to put pressure on the QB. The run defense is only marginally improved over last year.

On offense, we have no running game and that puts a lot of pressure on receivers like Tolbert and Brooks because CeeDee is going to see a lot of attention and Cooks is a limited #2 at best.

Finally, to think that a rookie like Carson could come in and take the place of an all-pro like Bland is just folly.

I think Dallas is going to have games like this one all season long. Their weaknesses along the DL, and the inability to threaten defenses with a running game are going to open them up to some big offensive outputs against them.
This is the best assessment. We have too many weaknesses to exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.