1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Twitter: New proposed cba would eliminate game suspensions for positive marijuana tests

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Qbert, Feb 20, 2020.

1. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Zone Supporter

9,356 Messages
    12,705 Likes Received
    Neither is committed to football. Can't win them which is why we got them cheap.

2. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

22,200 Messages
    38,165 Likes Received
    A ploy to get the players to approve the CBA like reducing even further the work load in the off season. The problem is the number of players affected are minor to the number of players in the league.

3. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

1,703 Messages
    1,626 Likes Received
    Parcells GREATEST coaching feat ever!!

buybuydandavis likes this.
  4. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

9,580 Messages
    10,679 Likes Received
    Absinthe? :D

The Fonz likes this.
  5. erod

erod Well-Known Member

30,889 Messages
    44,534 Likes Received
    Irving is clinically psychotic.

Gregory doesn't want anything to do with playing football.

6. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

9,580 Messages
    10,679 Likes Received
    Owners sipping scotch hardly care about players smoking mj. Just don't go on social media and make a mockery of it (Irving).

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  7. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

2,506 Messages
    2,384 Likes Received
    I'd be very surprised if neither suited up for Dallas this year.

8. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

3,621 Messages
    2,473 Likes Received
    Drug testing policies are determined at the state level. In the state I live in, testing can only be done pre-employment or if probable cause is established indicating drug use. Random testing is not allowed.

There are exceptions for certain 'high risk' jobs.

9. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

13,163 Messages
    19,588 Likes Received
    Can't wait to see the end zone song and dances like this.

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  10. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

33,560 Messages
    12,905 Likes Received
    It’s going to have to be a real stiff fine or there’s going to be a lot of players playing high.

11. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

31,521 Messages
    21,842 Likes Received
    He never missed off-season workouts and in the two seasons he was available he averaged 13 games played. He was pretty productive garnering 6 sacks in a backup role in 2018.

Watching him play he likes to compete. He clearly worked on his game.

I wouldn't be shocked if he came back for the off-season program he would be productive.

12. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

3,187 Messages
    1,693 Likes Received
    far out

13. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

3,187 Messages
    1,693 Likes Received
    from Hot Boyz to High Boyz

14. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

2,077 Messages
    2,702 Likes Received
    Nonsense. You said-

Your argument is they shouldn't stop testing for it because they have the right to test for it. The question was why you have a problem with weed, not whether or not people have to follow company policies.

15. LoneStar84

LoneStar84 New Member

16 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    First of all, just because the courts ruled something to be legal, doesn’t mean it’s a good policy. It’s one thing if your employees are operating heavy machinery or something like that. But in the case of the NFL, I see no benefits to suspending players for marijuana. Also, all anabolic steroids are Schedule III controlled substances, so they are not legal for the public to possess without a valid prescription.

buybuydandavis likes this.
  16. Staggerlee

Staggerlee chip_gilkey

2,670 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    Lmao nicely done.

JoeKing likes this.
  17. Staggerlee

Staggerlee chip_gilkey

2,670 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    So if jobs started testing for alcohol in states where pot is legal, you'd be totally ok with that as well?

18. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

5,657 Messages
    7,179 Likes Received
    lol what. the topic at hand is that the NFL would stop punishing players for smoking weed, you don't have a problem with weed, but you don't think the owners should agree to this because you respect rules?

if they're willing to concede, and you don't have a problem with weed, why on earth do you have any objection? you sound like you snitch on your coworkers for printing off a recipe at work

Haimerej and stilltheguru like this.
  19. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

5,480 Messages
    2,771 Likes Received
    I said IF :facepalm: meaning it wasnt part if the constitution.
    how old are you with your reading comprehension

20. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

5,826 Messages
    5,071 Likes Received
    I'd leave that up to the teams to police themselves. No job supports their employees using illegal drugs. But some jobs randomly test due to liability concerns. I don't know who you work for, but I never heard of an employer randomly testing for drugs if there isn't liability concerns.

When I was a road maintenance employee for the NJ Turnpike I was randomly tested. As a toll collector I am not. As a Verizon employee in the office I was not. As a UPS loader/unloader I was not. Never tested after initial employment. I was never randomly tested as a cashier at Pathmark. All of these employers I mentioned do have a department where they randomly drug test. They are the jobs where you actually drive their vehicles. They don't care how much a toll collector or unloader is drinking or using drugs. Yet if you're high or drunk at any of these jobs you'll get fired. Sports should be no different. There is no need to test. If they're caught using then discipline them.