Twitter: New proposed cba would eliminate game suspensions for positive marijuana tests

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM won't tolerate randy. I think he already played his last down of ball for Dallas..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I would imagine teachers would be randomly tested as well. Although I don't think their punishment would be as severe if they tested positive.

In my opinion my previous job was too lenient. I used to drive various vehicles including snow plows for a major highway. An employee there would have to fail 5 random drug tests to lose his job. It could take 10 years to be randomly tested 5 times alone. But it's easy for me to say because the most I do is drink occasionally. Others may think differently.

I don't know what the repercussions are for teachers. I work for a very conservative company and their policy is much stricter than a lot of companies.

I agree with you that your company's policy is to lenient if drivers can get a way with 4 failed test before the one more time thing.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I've answered this a few times already. I have no problem with anyone that wants to smoke some weed to smoke it. I also feel that if there are laws that prohibit it or your employer has a policy against it you shouldn't. I've also stated several times why I don't think the NFL should life suspensions on fail test for weed if for no other reason than until weed is legal to use in every state the has an NFL team it is not fair to all because some would have to break the law to use it. Right now there are only 7 teams that are located in states where weed is legal. That's less than 1/4 of the teams. I have other reason and I'm just tire of repeating them.

Edit: Just read you've answered most of this so my apologies thinking I'm new, etc. Deleting my "quips" lol
There's a McCarthy element you like "for the sake of". Those look terrible in historical context.

It's hard to swallow that these "stoners" were right the whole time, despite the stigma and the nonsense laws. L and Order types can't really digest this yet so they go to the reefer madness bs or "we can still test for it"! Why? Your lazy employee is lazy with or wo weed; but give you if you're lazy, you bc lazier. .

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Where are you getting 7 teams? I can think of 9 off the top of head: Chargers, Rams, 49ers, Broncos, Bears, Patriots, Lions, Raiders, and Seahawks. Not to mention all the teams in states with medical marijuana.

So far, there are 11 total recreational weed states, but 2020 may lead to a few more joining them. New York, New Mexico, Minnesota, and Illinois are predicted to go fully legal fairly soon. As of now, 47 of the 50 states allow for some form of medical weed.

I think I missed the lions and patriots but still that only 9 teams that can legally use weed compared to 23 teams that can't. Other than the 18 states that have legalized medicinal weed, those other states that you said allow for some medical weed are very closely monitored as part of test groups and have very limited number of subjects in those groups. Wisconsin is one of those states and I think when I heard about this on the news that they have only 100 subjects in their test group and all of them either have to be in Madison or were willing to locate there for the test. Both houses in Wisconsin are GOP controlled and they have said that legalizing weed for medical reason won't happen this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We back?

Dm-ZVVpUcAE4UhA.jpg
Nah you realize regardless of their drug use or active to play, some our loudmouth idiots distractors and most would not want them back, DI is one..dude borders on AB territory..RG sure seems like nice guy but will he be motivated?

besides from what I read still the already habitual users who have been suspended multiple times still might not make it , dudes smoke weekly or daily two tests still gets them busted..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is all true. But IMO the league should just stick with actions detrimental to the league and leave it at that. No reason to test for weed in the first place. If they get arrested or otherwise caught in public, then act. Most jobs only random drug test when their employees either drive company vehicles or operate heavy equipment. Otherwise there is no random drug testing.[/QUOTE]

Yep, never understand why Goodell got the NFL into the private investigation business and attempted to set up a 5th branch of government.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That is a proposal from the NFLPA to the owners. The new CBA hasn't been approved so it's a little or way to soon to be proclaiming anything. Personally I don't think the league should agree with that. The courts have already ruled that even though it may be legal in some states that employers in those states can still have company policies the forbid the use of it and is legal grounds for either not hiring someone that tests positive or terminated for testing positive. People that are not in professional sports can legally take steroids but that doesn't mean the NFL shouldn't be able to ban that.
who cares what the laws are in that state. The NFL is NOT the police,. The only professions that care about pot use are ones in which pot use could cause harm. Its pro sports, aka ENTERTAINMENT. Hmm.... Im not gonna go see that concert, that guitarist smokes weed.......????????????? huh, who cares?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
how is that? he was under contract and retired. The cowoys dont hold his rights?

He wasn't under contract. In his last season, he played under the RFA tag. He missed a ton of games, but was on the active roster (not the 46, but the 53) enough to get credit for the season. At the end of the year, he was suspended and retired, but his contract was up and he was set to be an UFA last off season.