*** New Site Questions And Comments Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're not weird .. oh you mean the first post thing was weird. Well, that's weird .. :D

/reality

I had the perfect smiley in mind for this post, but alas you still haven't uploaded them. Get to work! ~cracks whip~

RS12

Reaction score
You used to have the option of creating your own quotation box (example copy and paste thread headline, highlight, then press quotation botton) I didnt see that anymore. Can you re add or did I just miss it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You used to have the option of creating your own quotation box (example copy and paste thread headline, highlight, then press quotation botton) I didnt see that anymore. Can you re add or did I just miss it.

If I read your question, there's a "Quotation" icon on the toolbar that serves the same person..

Edit: Yes, that Quotations icon should work for you.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
You can turn off signatures (I always do that on forums) by going to your user profile and clicking on "Preferences". There's an option to not show signatures if you uncheck it. Right now, I do not believe there's a way to disable avatars though.

/reality
What about my own signature? In the older version I could toggle between showing it or not.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about my own signature? In the older version I could toggle between showing it or not.

I'm fairly certain there is no option for that as the logic would be, if you don't want to see your own signature, then why should anyone else see it?

/reality

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain there is no option for that as the logic would be, if you don't want to see your own signature, then why should anyone else see it?

/reality
Not what I'm asking. In the previous version of the forum, every time you posted something you had the option of either showing your signature or not. That way, your sig showed only when you wanted it to show, instead of showing every time you posted in a thread.

Does that option also exist here?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Right now every time I click to open a thread my cursor goes right to the reply area- bottom of the page. That is really annoying

also as I type this letters keep disapearing for some reason- I have to retype several times

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now every time I click to open a thread my cursor goes right to the reply area- bottom of the page. That is really annoying

It takes you to the first unread post in a thread.

also as I type this letters keep disapearing for some reason- I have to retype several times

This is not something on the site's side. You can try going into your User Preferences and unchecking the Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages box. Your computer/device may have issues with the rich text editor. I prefer the non-rich text editor myself anyway.

/reality

burmafrd

Reaction score
It takes you to the first unread post in a thread.

This is not something on the site's side. You can try going into your User Preferences and unchecking the Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages box. Your computer/device may have issues with the rich text editor. I prefer the non-rich text editor myself anyway.

/reality

This is happening in threads I have NOT previously opened

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is happening in threads I have NOT previously opened

No idea what to tell you then as I have tested it in Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer 9 and 10 and FireFox and have no issues.

Maybe you have a plugin that is interfering with it would be my only other guess. At this point there is nothing that I can do on the site's side.

/reality

burmafrd

Reaction score
No idea what to tell you then as I have tested it in Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer 9 and 10 and FireFox and have no issues.

/reality

It stopped doing it once I did what you said as regards the rich text thingy. Suddenly things are working a lot better

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It stopped doing it once I did what you said as regards the rich text thingy. Suddenly things are working a lot better

Well that's good to hear then! I hate rich text editors personally and came close to disabling it as an option here :D

/reality

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
If you have any questions or comments about the new site, feel free to post them in this thread. The new software behind the site is similar in some ways to the old site's software, but also different in many ways. It's a learning process for all of us!

I encourage everyone to like the replies of users in this thread who contribute good posts in this thread! Let them know you appreciate it!

/reality

Reality, I want to first congratulate you and the staff for managing a first class Dallas Cowboy site--I love it!

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, however do you have Cowboyszone Mobile version for the iPhone?

The old site was much easier to read on my iPhone when away on business trips. If not, do you know of any sittings I can adjust on my iPhone that would make reading this site similiar to before?

Thank you.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality, I want to first congratulate you and the staff for managing a first class Dallas Cowboy site--I love it!

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, however do you have Cowboyszone Mobile version for the iPhone?

The old site was much easier to read on my iPhone when away on business trips. If not, do you know of any sittings I can adjust on my iPhone that would make reading this site similiar to before?

Thank you.
Thank you for the kind words!

The software we're using has a responsive support which is the way most sites are moving given the blurring lines between mobile and desktop. Responsive design allows one theme to function for all devices. The problem is that responsive part of the theme is still a work-in-progress right now. Because some users were complaining about it, I disabled it for now. It will be re-enabled soon and those users who have issues on their mobile devices will just have to get used to it or upgrade.

/reality

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked already (the thread is quite long!): did we lose the ability to multi-quote posts...i.e., show more than one person's quote in your reply?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been asked, but basically instead of clicking the button on all posts to quote and then clicking Quote for the final post, just hit Reply for each post you want to respond to and it'll add it automatically to the Post Reply text box.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
It's been asked, but basically instead of clicking the button on all posts to quote and then clicking Quote for the final post, just hit Reply for each post you want to respond to and it'll add it automatically to the Post Reply text box.

Thanks, WG! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.