*** New Site Questions And Comments Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cant get it to load on Internet explorer. Had to go to chrome. Solution?

I've tested it with IE and I know WoodysGirl has as well. I do remember her saying she had to turn off "Compatibility Mode" if that helps.

/reality

dalexa1824

Reaction score
I cant get it to load on Internet explorer. Had to go to chrome. Solution?

The white intense background is too bright. My posts come out with a blue-grey background(I don't know why) but it is less intense and easier to read.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The white intense background is too bright. My posts come out with a blue-grey background(I don't know why) but it is less intense and easier to read.

That's not IE, that's the site layout. The reason your posts show in a different color is because I made a mod that highlights your own posts so you can find them quickly.

/reality

Little Jr

Reaction score
This the only thread that I can see the whole comments. All the others I really wide and have to go back and forth to read. This is on my phone that I have this problem

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will the search function be back or is it gone for good?

It will come back in some form. What in particular are you wanting to search for? There may be alternatives in the meantime.

/reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This the only thread that I can see the whole comments. All the others I really wide and have to go back and forth to read. This is on my phone that I have this problem
A lot of users were having issues with the responsive theme because it is still in development so I disabled it. meaning, you are viewing the normal site when you use a mobile device. You can zoom in/out on most smartphones and several members have suggested turning your phone sideways to view the site.

/reality

honyock

Reaction score
Reality, I'm late to the party to say thanks for your work on the new site, but...Thanks! It looks good and has several improvements that make it much more user friendly.

The only issue I'm having is one that I think others have mentioned (I didn't read the whole thread but saw it pop up now and then.) It's more difficult to read on a phone. Even when turning the phone to get landscape view, I'm having to enlarge the text and scroll back and forth, since the text margins aren't auto-correcting to keep the whole reply onscreen (or something like that, not sure if I described that well). So during the day, I'm mainly just reading a few replies and waiting until I get home to my computer to catch up on the day's conversations. Probably for the best, I'm now more productive at work. :)

cml750

Reaction score
I personally like the old forum better but maybe this will grow on me. Maybe I am just getting old and set in my ways;). I do appreciate all the hard work that you (Reality) and the staff do on this site.

Sampson

Reaction score
It will come back in some form. What in particular are you wanting to search for? There may be alternatives in the meantime.

/reality

Liked searching keywords or names. Made it easy to find topics on certain players or coaches. Things like that

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have noticed some default avatars. One looks like a question mark and there is another one or two.

Is there anyway to make those defaults a cowboys star or cowboys helmet?

It just looks funky with the plain background for the default avatars.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have noticed some default avatars. One looks like a question mark and there is another one or two.

Is there anyway to make those defaults a cowboys star or cowboys helmet?

It just looks funky with the plain background for the default avatars.

From the previous page in this thread:

I'm leaving it as the ? image because I want to push people to upload their own avatar. If I put any suitable or Cowboys related default avatar there, many of those users will never change it. That is why so many don't have avatars already because the old site gave them default avatars. On the new site, your avatar really does serve as your avatar and in some cases is the only thing users see without mousing over it.

I *may* even make it require an avatar be uploaded in order to post at some point :D

/reality

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Possible to have the "click to read the first unread post" function in other forums besides the Fan Zone?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Possible to have the "click to read the first unread post" function in other forums besides the Fan Zone?
I have tested this in the other forums and it works fine for me. It uses the same routines for all forums.

/reality

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have tested this in the other forums and it works fine for me. It uses the same routines for all forums.

/reality

Ok. It's working for me now... But for some reason this am, it wasn't. I kept going back to the first post. Weird *shrug*

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. It's working for me now... But for some reason this am, it wasn't. I kept going back to the first post. Weird *shrug*

You're not weird .. oh you mean the first post thing was weird. Well, that's weird .. :D

/reality

Status
Not open for further replies.