*** New Site Questions And Comments Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, I see what you are saying. Maybe if clicking where it said "And XXX more..." expanded the box instead of taking you to the members list page it would be OK.

As is though it's really difficult to see if a poster is currently online.

Thanks

If you follow users and they are online, their avatars will show above the users online list on the right side.

/reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you having problems on a tablet? I'm using an ipad right now and it's great. I actually think it's better than the old site. Some of the buttons are a bit on the small side (the page numbers for example), but even those are easier to click on a touch screen than they were on the old site.

I'm asking mainly out of curiousity. CZ used to be a little tough to work with on the ipad... Usable, but not the best. I find it to be much better now, so I'm curious what mods might come around to make it even better.
I'm using it in landscape by the way.

When he wrote that, the responsive part of the theme was probably still active. I disabled it because it made some mobile devices look really strange.

/reality

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
2 questions

1. Can we not change the graphics anymore?
2. My donation years are not under my avatar also can we write something under our avatar so it doesn't look so plain?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 questions

1. Can we not change the graphics anymore?
2. My donation years are not under my avatar also can we write something under our avatar so it doesn't look so plain?

As I said earlier in one of these sticky threads, there's still a lot of work to do. There are several custom mods I made to the old site and my goal is to implement as many as possible in the new site. It will just take a little time.

/reality

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I really like the site and I can't wait to see all the small things you have in store I'm sure this software will allow you to do more anyways. Very nice love this message board that's why I left the ranch 10 plus years ago for it. Thank you sir for running the best cowboys site on the web.

Zordon

Reaction score
Did you make some changes to the color scheme? It looks a little darker today.

Plus, thanks for adding total messages under our avatars. Anyway we can get the little light that shows if someone is online?

Zordon

Reaction score
Yeah it looks gray now. Props this is much better than the white.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really like the site and I can't wait to see all the small things you have in store I'm sure this software will allow you to do more anyways. Very nice love this message board that's why I left the ranch 10 plus years ago for it. Thank you sir for running the best cowboys site on the web.
Did you make some changes to the color scheme? It looks a little darker today.

Plus, thanks for adding total messages under our avatars. Anyway we can get the little light that shows if someone is online?
I had made the surrounding area lightgrey from the start, but I did darken it just a little about a day ago. It may be that your browser cached the original color and kept showing it.

I'm still working on the online notice though I may do it differently.

/reality

Zordon

Reaction score
I had made the surrounding area lightgrey from the start, but I did darken it just a little about a day ago. It may be that your browser cached the original color and kept showing it.

I'm still working on the online notice though I may do it differently.

/reality
Cool thanks. It looks a lot better.

I look forward to seeing the new chat feature on gamedays. Hopefully it doesn't look like MS DOS anymore :)

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, but is there anyway that the default avatar image could be a Cowboys star or something?

I'm not a huge fan of the "?" image. Small and unimportant thing, I know, but still. :)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a suggestion, but is there anyway that the default avatar image could be a Cowboys star or something?

I'm not a huge fan of the "?" image. Small and unimportant thing, I know, but still. :)

I'm leaving it as the ? image because I want to push people to upload their own avatar. If I put any suitable or Cowboys related default avatar there, many of those users will never change it. That is why so many don't have avatars already because the old site gave them default avatars. On the new site, your avatar really does serve as your avatar and in some cases is the only thing users see without mousing over it.

/reality

Zordon

Reaction score
I'm leaving it as the ? image because I want to push people to upload their own avatar. If I put any suitable or Cowboys related default avatar there, many of those users will never change it. That is why so many don't have avatars already because the old site gave them default avatars. On the new site, your avatar really does serve as your avatar and in some cases is the only thing users see without mousing over it.

/reality
Good point. It looks like avatars are going to be a being way of IDing people on here. Change them folks!

Also Reality, the number of replies used to be hyperlinked so that we could click on it and see how many posts each poster has in a specific thread. Is that option available?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score

/reality

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good point. It looks like avatars are going to be a being way of IDing people on here. Change them folks!

Also Reality, the number of replies used to be hyperlinked so that we could click on it and see how many posts each poster has in a specific thread. Is that option available?

I *may* even make it require an avatar be uploaded in order to post at some point :D

/reality

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a reminder folks that sig sizes are STILL 500px x 350px. That didn't change with the site, some of you need to resize your sigs.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The site looks a lot better today with the minor tweaks, good job Reality :)

One problem I am having still...in each forum, it is very hard for me to determine what threads have new posts in them compared to the old ones. The colors are too similar, have to double and triple check to see the darker blues with new posts in them. Any way to darken them a bit more?

Status
Not open for further replies.