New source for Cowboys vid footage

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Some kind soul (Calico?) has posted the Dallas-SD game (and a ton of other ones from last weekend) at two newsgroup sites:

alt.binaries.tv
alt.binaries.multimedia

I'm downloading it as we speak, so I don't know if it's just highlights or the complete game. It's 174 megs in divx-avi format. Based on the jpeg below, the picture quality looks pretty good.

235-992-th-NFL.Week1.2005.Cowboys.VS.Chargers.DigiRip.XviD-BamVCD.jpg

calico

Reaction score
it was not me and it won't be the full game at that size unless those pics represent the actualy resolution. I think it will be an abbreviated game.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I'll let you know how it compares to your vids when it's done. Either way, it's a great resource for fans who missed the game.

Wood

Reaction score
it would be cool if we could start breaking down some film.

calico

Reaction score
my vids are compressed with DIVX at the almost smallest size and they would equal more than that total. I am curious to see what this is.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Okay, I finished downloading it and it is the complete game. The person edited out all the commercials and boring stuff between plays. The vid and sound quality is very good.

Martice

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Okay, I finished downloading it and it is the complete game. The person edited out all the commercials and boring stuff between plays. The vid and sound quality is very good.

I went to the site but could not find the links to the games. Any help?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He has it listed under Cowboys, not Dallas. Maybe that'll help.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
If your newsreader has a search function/box, try entering "nfl" instead.

bula

Reaction score
Thanks. My ISP provides one of your newsgroups posted thank goodness and it was there. Didn't download but this is very useful info to know. Now I can make season DVDs with all the games. Probably can get a ton of the games per DVD too. This is really great.

Kilyin

Reaction score
What news reader are you guys using? I can't find it with Outlook, but that's probably not the best thing to be using

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I subscribe to Easynews, and I found it there. I can't guarantee that your newsreader (Outlook, etc.) carries either of these two groups.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I'm using comcast's newsgroup service, think I just need a better news browser, as I can't find the game and most of the stuff I do see is just garbled text. I'm looking in alt.binaries.tv and alt.binaries.multimedia. Many years ago I knew how to do this, but I've forgotten.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Here's how the file appears in the subject line at both newsgroups:

http://tehserver.us Presents:NFL.Week1.2005.Cowboys.VS.Chargers.DigiRip.XviD-BamVCD bam-nfl1chargers.r11 (1/9)(NFL.Week1.2005.Cowboys.VS.Chargers.DigiRip.XviD-BamVCD.avi AutoUnRAR)

The guy posting it is identified as:

#alt.binaries.dvdr@efnet (abdvdr)

Cas2800

Reaction score
I must be a moron. Can someone post the steps i need to take to download these videos. I cant find them or the site. Thanks

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I see it listed under the "tvxvid" category, but there is no link to the video.