New source for Cowboys vid footage

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Sifillest said:
welll what i did was put in the name http://tehserver.us as the server.....so your saying put google.com instead?

No, that's just the homepage of the guys who post these vids to newsgroups. They're just itemizing what they've posted in recent days.

Sifillest

Reaction score
ok yea well i have i dea what im doing.....what do i put as the server name? if you would be so kind as to give me a quick walk-thru, i would be most grateful

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
It would help us that are not as used to these newsgroups if someone could post some sort of walkthrough so that we could download the game, any help would be great.

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
Sifillest said:
welll what i did was put in the name http://tehserver.us as the server.....so your saying put google.com instead?

If you want to access something like alt.binaries._____, you'll need a newshosting service. For example, http://www.newshosting.com/ If you register there, then you'll be able to connect with their servers (like below)...

News Server Information (standard accounts)

hostname: news.newshosting.com
port: 119
max connections: 8

News Server Information (unlimited accounts)

hostname: unlimited.newshosting.com
port: 119
max connections: 4

When you register, you get a login and password. Then, with your newsgroup software, you can DL anything off those groups. You just subscribe (which is 'free' after you have signed up) to any of the groups. You can find virtually every group on here http://newzbin.com/

A program that I recommend once you signed up is Grabit (http://www.shemes.com/)

Also, I should add that you may not need to purchase a newshosting server because some broadband companies have them included with your service already. You should check around on your ISPs site for information about them possibly having a newshosting server.

More info: http://www.newsgroupservers.net/

Hope that helps.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I am much better at creating torrents or just seeding them with my awesome Fios connection. Thats why I would like to make the game a torrent to allow some of the less aware just download the game and seed when they are done.

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
Sifillest said:
ah so you have to pay for it? (dies)

Not necessarily. When I used to have COX, they had a free one. I know some other ones have free ones too. What is your ISP?

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Sifillest said:
ah so you have to pay for it? (dies)

I think that is the catch. But if someone where to make it torrent and provide a link I am sure to seed 24/7. And I dont think Verizon has any free servers.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
But then you'd have tens of people asking how to use torrents. It's a vicious cycle.

thewivil

Reaction score
joshjwc9 said:
I am much better at creating torrents or just seeding them with my awesome Fios connection. Thats why I would like to make the game a torrent to allow some of the less aware just download the game and seed when they are done.

I would really appreciate a torrent.

Sifillest

Reaction score
hell but i know how to use torrents and frankly torrents are free....providing access to somany more people....so if some one torrents this, ill seedsome this week and everyday next week.....and if everyone does the same we will be in superb shape and then we can do this every week...and we can ALL have 2005 season dvd's!

Kilyin

Reaction score
Hey, what the heck is a .PAR2 file? I downloaded them, but I don't think I needed to, never seen that file extension before.

Thunderstruck

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Hey, what the heck is a .PAR2 file? I downloaded them, but I don't think I needed to, never seen that file extension before.

When a file is split into pieces with extensions like dallasvSD.mpg.001 and dallasvSD.mpg.002 and so on, it means they get joined to make a complete file. Well, sometimes on newsgroups the files get corrupted. When that happens, you can spend a bunch of time downloading all the pieces to a file and then join them, only to have the finished file not work. The .PAR2 files can be used to "repair" the pieces that get corrupted so that you can still join the pieces and play the file. You need a program like QuickPAR to use them. You only need it if the joined file doesn't work for some reason. As long as all the .001, .002, .003... files are in the same directory as the .PAR2 files, it should work with no problem.

P.S. If you are downloading a file split into pieces like that, you'll need a program like Mastersplitter to join them. Doing a "combine and decode" in Outlook or FreeAgent or whatever doesn't work on those.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Kilyin said:

If I'm not mistaken, the vid was split into 11 "rar" files. You may need that par2 file to repair any incomplete or corrupt parts. Otherwise, just click on the .001 rar file to combine all 11 parts. FYI, Easynews automatically joins these parts for their subscribers. They also provide a preview jpeg of any "rar" vid you want to download (like the one I posted on page 1).

Kilyin

Reaction score
Yeah, I just watched it, it was almost hard to keep up with at first, games are so slowpaced when you watch them normally. It was like watching a game of Madden. Nice once you get used to the flow of the game though, thanks for the heads up.

Kilyin

Reaction score
BTW, with Grabit, all I did was highlight the files, download them, then unrar and watch. 500k a sec download speed too. Very easy program to use.

calico

Reaction score
AceofSpades said:
Calico, I think it was the DirecTV Super Fan "Shortcut" of the game. The whole thing is only 25 minutes so thats why its such a small file.

Edit: If someone has the bandwith or knows a site, I'll upload it.

That would make sense, thanks.