New source for Cowboys vid footage

Reaction score
Hello,

Can please someone put detailed steps on how to get this game.. I have done everything you mention here, but you need to pay for these newsgroups. Can someone please give concrete step by step approach on getting this game...

Please...

thewivil

Reaction score
It would just be much, much more easy if someone created a torrent and let everyone leech off it for a little while.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
MontrealCowboyFan4ever said:
Hello,

Can please someone put detailed steps on how to get this game.. I have done everything you mention here, but you need to pay for these newsgroups. Can someone please give concrete step by step approach on getting this game...

Please...

Hey all, big newsgroup guy here and what Spurs21Cowboys22 said is what I would have said had I seen this earlier, if you're big into P2P I would highly reccomend newsgroups because

1) No uploading required, if you upload something it's because you wanted to
2) You're downloading at your ISP's speed, not the upload speed of someone else
3) The connection is always on (Unless your newshost is down, if you use newshosting it's rare). Bittorrent is also always on as well
4) Once the file is uploaded, it's there. Only thing blocking you would be retention (Newshosting is 25 days meaning if someone uploaded it in the past 25 days it's there for you to download).

I do use newshosting and it runs me $14.95 a month, worth every penny, if you need an example of what it can do, check out this link as well as this and this link.

Thanks to Newsgroups I can catch up on shows I've missed as well as move them to my laptop and have them play with a picture close to HD quality. If you're into mp3s, apps, etc. it's all out there.

The Rar files, use WinRar to combine them (It's similar to WinZip), http://www.winrar.com, just click on the first file (Usually .rar1) then when the box opens extract and it'll take care of it from there), if it's .001, .002 then I reccomend HJ-Split...it's an older file and I'm sure there are newer ones but I've never had a problem with hj-split and since it's free, why mess with a good thing.

Par2 files are what Thunder said - made to repair rar files. I'd download them as well as rar files.

I'm the process of creating a how-to for newsgroups, in the meantime if you're curious checkout audiofind to see what's available out there.

Hope this helps.....

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Ok, here's what a friend told me about free newsgroups:

Tera, Bubba and Yotta do, and they're free (well - Tera will cost you a one
time USD3.95). The first two have a max. download of 50MiB a day (but if you
have a fast connection, this can easily be stretched to 125MiB - but you're
not supposed to, of course), the last one is unlimited (afaik - unless you
start abusing, I guess). For more, take a look in alt.free.news.servers
(take out the dot after news) - there's lots of them, some good, some less
good. I don't think Google will be doing binary groups any time soon.
Good luck!

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
For those that have comcast internet here's how you do it:

1- go to www.shemes.com and download grabit which will allow you to download newsgroup material
2- setup grabit according to these comcast settings: http://online.comcast.net/giganews/
3- once grabit is setup subscribe to alt.binaries.tv and allow grabit to retrieve the message headers (there are 200,000+ so it takes a few minutes)
4- once headers are downloaded click on "find" and type "cowboys chargers"
5- highlight all the files and click "grab selected"
6- now once they are downloaded download winrar (similar to winzip) www.rarlab.com
7- open winrar and associate rar files to it, in the navigation bar find the folder that the game files were downloaded to and double click the first file. this will patch all the files together and "unrar" them this will result in a playable windows media file with the game for your viewing pleasure

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Good advice, Richmond. I hope that whoever posted it intends to post all 16 games!

Kilyin

Reaction score
Still no games from week 2 posted, what's up with that?

Kilyin

Reaction score
inevadropit said:
Some people have what we like to call lives.

People who have time to upload stuff to usenet? Nonsense.

And of course, you can't possibly have a life and use a computer at the same time. What's multitasking?

:jerk:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He doesn't post the Sunday or Monday night games, only the Sunday afternoon DirectTV games. :-(

You really wanted to watch the Dallas game again??

Kilyin

Reaction score
Yeah, I was there live and I'd never been to a live game. I just wanted to see some of the good parts that I missed buying beer so I could sweat it right back out in that hellfire stadium.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Well, the Dallas-SF game won't be aired here in DC, so I'll be downloading it next Wed or Thursday.