New Springsteen Album

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theebs;2621119 said:
well mission accomplished. Apparently I am the one with the problem.

I guess trying to discuss the original topic in the thread makes me a person with a problem.

Awesome.

You were not discussing the original topic with me you were chastising me because my view did not fit into your world so yes it is your problem

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just out of curiosity. Can someone explain to me what Real Rock N Roll is compared to not being Real Rock N Roll other than one's opinion vs another?

Not ripping on either side for the Real Rock N Roll debate...just curious because to me it boils down to one's opinion and I don't know how one could prove or disprove what is real or not real rock n roll.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2621155 said:
Just out of curiosity. Can someone explain to me what Real Rock N Roll is compared to not being Real Rock N Roll other than one's opinion vs another?

Not ripping on either side for the Real Rock N Roll debate...just curious because to me it boils down to one's opinion and I don't know how one could prove or disprove what is real or not real rock n roll.

good rock n roll. I'm sure some feel a flock of seagulls is rock n roll, I think it sucks just a view point

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2621145 said:
How is it incorrect? Music is a form of art and many people disagree on what is good art or bad art. In your view Bruce is a good in mine he is not. All you proved is you can't handle an opposing view

Now that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Good or bad art is art none the less.

As good rock and bad rock is rock none the less.

I think it's good.

You think it's bad.

But it's rock either way.

It's been my whole point of contention. It's really that simple.

jackrussell

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2621155 said:

OK, you're right. It's opera.:rolleyes:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2621152 said:
You were not discussing the original topic with me you were chastising me because my view did not fit into your world so yes it is your problem

yeah because I am trying to figure out what you guys are trying to accomplish by hijacking the thread and saying he sucks 50 times?

I am still trying to figure it out.

I love how guys just say its your problem or you cant handle stuff! Its pretty comical.

I am suprised, I have never seen this side of you before. Oh well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theebs;2621198 said:
yeah because I am trying to figure out what you guys are trying to accomplish by hijacking the thread and saying he sucks 50 times?

I am still trying to figure it out.

I love how guys just say its your problem or you cant handle stuff! Its pretty comical.

I am suprised, I have never seen this side of you before. Oh well.

Becareful I think you are hijackiing this thread with your concern over what I think of Bruce:laugh2:

jackrussell

Reaction score
theebs;2621199 said:
careful now your insulting queensryche fans.

Of course, I could say rock opera...which would take some serious 'splainin.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2621205 said:
Becareful I think you are hijackiing this thread with your concern over what I think of Bruce:laugh2:

Wow I guess you really are different than I thought.

:(

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jackrussell;2621188 said:
OK, you're right. It's opera.:rolleyes:

I said REAL ROCK N ROLL. What is the difference other than someone's opinion.

I'm not being sarcastic.

I am just wondering.

You said you could prove it so I was wondering what parameters you would use.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theebs;2621213 said:
Wow I guess you really are different than I thought.

:(

You say I'm hijacking yet you are the one coming to me and questioning me, talk about Bruce all you want and how great you think he is. You don't have to worry or concern yourself with my view it is you right to disagree with me. I did not say you suck only Bruce :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jackrussell;2621212 said:
Of course, I could say rock opera...which would take some serious 'splainin.

So would you consider the following bands real rock n roll?

Styx
Queen
Savatage (although you might have never heard of them :) )
Genesis
The Who
Pink Floyd
Queensryche (as theebs mentioned in jest)
David Bowie
Meat Loaf

Now I know in attempt to mock my question you sarcastically said Opera but all of those bands have had albums that were deemed Rock Opera.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
jackrussell;2621039 said:
Why is it when someone responds to a post, it's a personal thing? Must be because you have nothing else.

I was talking of you saying he was acting like a kid...as if he didn't do those things. I understand comprehension may not be your strong suit, but try to keep up.

I said you were taking it personally because you got all butt hurt and started slinging insults. This is merely a thread about springsteen and I stated my opinion that he is terrible and was acting like someone younger than he is.

And btw, Operation Mindcrime is a great cd. IMO!

jackrussell

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2621224 said:
I said REAL ROCK N ROLL. What is the difference other than someone's opinion.

I'm not being sarcastic.

I am just wondering.

You said you could prove it so I was wondering what parameters you would use.

I would say all music has a qualification as to what genre it is, along with it's many subdivisions, (and I'm just using rock here) Heavy Metal, Grunge, Hard, Acid, Pop, New Wave, Punk, etc. And it's pretty predetermined on how it's sold (Rock Artists in walk in and on line stores) it's awards (Best Rock Album, Best Rock Song, Rock N Roll Hall of Fame) it's distribution (Rock Stations, Rock Concerts), it's biographical history (Rock-n-Roll's Top 100 Artists, The History of Rock n Roll, rock music reviews)...just to name a few, yet enough, that if a person is frequently found in the above examples based in fact, and not of opinion, I'm feeling quite certain, beyond a reasonable doubt, that they would, and should, be considered a rock n roller.

And the same for every other type of music, be it country, polka, classical.

You're telling me you don't understand the qualifiers, I find that hard to believe.

Now that was easy...how bout someone proving it's not real rock?

jackrussell

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2621236 said:
So would you consider the following bands real rock n roll?

Styx
Queen
Savatage (although you might have never heard of them :) )
Genesis
The Who
Pink Floyd
Queensryche (as theebs mentioned in jest)
David Bowie
Meat Loaf

Now I know in attempt to mock my question you sarcastically said Opera but all of those bands have had albums that were deemed Rock Opera.

Well yes I would..(and no, I don't know Savatage).

Now I could pick a couple off there I'm not crazy about, but I'd have to be an idiot to not recognize they are simply because I don't like them.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jackrussell;2621284 said:
I would say all music has a qualification as to what genre it is, along with it's many subdivisions, (and I'm just using rock here) Heavy Metal, Grunge, Hard, Acid, Pop, New Wave, Punk, etc. And it's pretty predetermined on how it's sold (Rock Artists in walk in and on line stores) it's awards (Best Rock Album, Best Rock Song, Rock N Roll Hall of Fame) it's distribution (Rock Stations, Rock Concerts), it's biographical history (Rock-n-Roll's Top 100 Artists, The History of Rock n Roll, rock music reviews)...just to name a few, yet enough, that if a person is frequently found in the above examples based in fact, and not of opinion, I'm feeling quite certain, beyond a reasonable doubt, that they would, and should, be considered a rock n roller.

And the same for every other type of music, be it country, polka, classical.

You're telling me you don't understand the qualifiers, I find that hard to believe.

Now that was easy...how bout someone proving it's not real rock?

Sure I know what the qualifiers are.

However you are attacking someone that has an opinion and trying to act like he is trying to make it fact.

That was what I was getting at.

Geez There have been many many many times in my life when someone would say...that is a kick arse rock n roll band and someone would come back and say...that's not real rock n roll but take a listen to this for some real rock n roll.

They are not trying to pass off a fact that one band is not really rock n roll by any factual definition. They are talking about an opinion just as the other poster was.

I think you just went a little wild and crazy and did not even get the gist of somethings and went on a tangent about factual rock n roll vs opinion.

I could be with a group of people listening to bon jovi and say...that is not REAL rock n roll, then pop in an AC/DC CD and say not this is REAL rock n roll.

I doubt anyone in that group would start an argument an get bent out of shape trying to factually prove to defend bon jovi as real rock in roll because he may have his cds listed under rock n roll or if he or his band won some award for best rock singer or musician. They would know it was an opinion about what one thinks rocks more or what constitutes a great rock band as opposed to what they thought was a band that did not rock.

I was really confused as how you got to a point where you felt the need to try and use some kind of factual information to conclude that someone's opinion of what they consider rock n roll is to be.

I guess what I am saying is you simply did not get the gist of things or appear to have just went a little crazy at the idea anyone would say that about Bruce.

Hope that makes sense although I don't know if it will matter to you even if you understand what i am saying as it seems like you went straight to attack mode.

jackrussell

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;2621241 said:
I said you were taking it personally because you got all butt hurt and started slinging insults. This is merely a thread about springsteen and I stated my opinion that he is terrible and was acting like someone younger than he is.

And btw, Operation Mindcrime is a great cd. IMO!

And I said he was acting like he always does, because I would know, and you wouldn't....so I'm sure it would appear to coming off as an 'act'. 59, going on 39. Oh well. You can only hope and pray you have such tremendous energy and vitality at that age.

Do you also find it particularly insulting that a 70 year old runs a marathon? An 80 year old swims the English Channel?
Them bastids anyhow! Acting like young'ens. Who in the heck do they think they are?:eek:

He gives it his all for his fans to ensure we feel we're getting our money's worth. Apparently, that's a bad thing to you.

Route 66

Reaction score
I think Bruce Hornsby and Twisted Sister should tour together.

jackrussell

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2621348 said:
Sure I know what the qualifiers are.

However you are attacking someone that has an opinion and trying to act like he is trying to make it fact.

That was what I was getting at.

Geez There have been many many many times in my life when someone would say...that is a kick arse rock n roll band and someone would come back and say...that's not real rock n roll but take a listen to this for some real rock n roll.

They are not trying to pass off a fact that one band is not really rock n roll by any factual definition. They are talking about an opinion just as the other poster was.

I think you just went a little wild and crazy and did not even get the gist of somethings and went on a tangent about factual rock n roll vs opinion.

I could be with a group of people listening to bon jovi and say...that is not REAL rock n roll, then pop in an AC/DC CD and say not this is REAL rock n roll.

I doubt anyone in that group would start an argument an get bent out of shape trying to factually prove to defend bon jovi as real rock in roll because he may have his cds listed under rock n roll or if he or his band won some award for best rock singer or musician. They would know it was an opinion about what one thinks rocks more or what constitutes a great rock band as opposed to what they thought was a band that did not rock.

I was really confused as how you got to a point where you felt the need to try and use some kind of factual information to conclude that someone's opinion of what they consider rock n roll is to be.

I guess what I am saying is you simply did not get the gist of things or appear to have just went a little crazy at the idea anyone would say that about Bruce.

Hope that makes sense although I don't know if it will matter to you even if you understand what i am saying as it seems like you went straight to attack mode.

Hey, they're your guy's words...mean what you say, say what you mean.

And it wasn't a 'gist', as he followed up with the same claim. You asked me to explain, I did. Was it not sufficient? Are you as anxiously awaiting the response for saying that it's not? I didn't think so.

Like theebs said, you guys were just lookin to come in and **** on something, so you got some **** thrown back at ya. I can sling the **** with the best of ya...so quit acting so....confused.