New Star Trek Series coming

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Here he is looking weird with a mustache.

anigif_enhanced-18544-1404747018-30.gif

Big 'o beard.

hqdefault.jpg

@BrAinPaiNt making Picard's beard look small.

2ff49e8a34b6562f2afd593384c52d5f--big-beard-long-beards.jpg

...wonder if he has any birds hidden in there...

family-guy-beard.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Nonsense! The best actor of the franchise was Jadzia Dax. She was smoking hot!

She was very attractive, but there was always something about her that didn't jive so much with me. I found many other ladies of Star Trek more attractive overall. (meaning personality included)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
She was very attractive, but there was always something about her that didn't jive so much with me. I found many other ladies of Star Trek more attractive overall. (meaning personality included)

Don't get me wrong Sam, there was no shortage of Beautiful Women in the Star Trek Series'. I mean from Yoman Rand in Star Trek (Original) to the Last Dax, Esri (DS9) and all of the Beauties in between, 7 of 9, the Hologram Minuet, no shortage for sure. But she was really beautiful, I thought and her character was interesting. She lived the lives of both men and women and created an introspective sort of character that allowed for lots of latitude. I enjoyed her character. She wasn't just a pretty face.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't get me wrong Sam, there was no shortage of Beautiful Women in the Star Trek Series'. I mean from Yoman Rand in Star Trek (Original) to the Last Dax, Esri (DS9) and all of the Beauties in between, 7 of 9, the Hologram Minuet, no shortage for sure. But she was really beautiful, I thought and her character was interesting. She lived the lives of both men and women and created an introspective sort of character that allowed for lots of latitude. I enjoyed her character. She wasn't just a pretty face.
No, she had a killer body too!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You know you preferred Lwaxana Troi! (aka, also the computer's voice, aka Majel Barrett-Roddenberry, aka The First Lady of Star Trek!)

Lwaxana-Troi-lwaxana-troi-37408124-500-375.png
I always felt awkward for Picard when she was around.......but she definitely added comic relief. As annoying as she was, her character was much more interesting than Deanna.

starman22

Reaction score
Glad there is one other DS9 fan here but why must it be Sam? Just kidding Sam. :p

The first three DS9 seasons are superficial overall but the final four seasons, especially focusing on the Federation/Dominion War, are as good as the best of Trek’s other companion series in my opinion. The last half of the series had a much dark tone and edge than the other series, including TOS, combined.

I've been wanting to try it again, I watched the crossover ones when TNG characters were on. Can I skip to season 4 or are they necessary for the background info.

I have really enjoyed TNG, Enterprise, and Voyager.

starman22

Reaction score
I've finally watched DS9 and overall it's mostly good. It took me a good five or six attempts to get into it though.

Any of the episodes with the religious people from Bajor, I just skip to the next episode. Same thing with Voyager and the holodeck based episodes. Just skip them, they seriously suck.

I'll probably try it again sometime, I just finished Badlands and the new Lost in Space series. So I should have a little time to devote to it before the season starts.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been wanting to try it again, I watched the crossover ones when TNG characters were on. Can I skip to season 4 or are they necessary for the background info.

I have really enjoyed TNG, Enterprise, and Voyager.
It would probably help but the first three seasons are not a necessity for background. The main characters are fairly well-defined. The central Bajorian independence plot takes a step back, allowing the greater threat of the Dominion to creep in and progressively engulfs the the storyline.

starman22

Reaction score
It would probably help but the first three seasons are not a necessity for background. The main characters are fairly well-defined. The central Bajorian independence plot takes a step back, allowing the greater threat of the Dominion to creep in and progressively engulfs the the storyline.

I probably already watched half of the first season. Maybe I will try to start all over again. Hey, it took me 3 tries to get through the first season of Voyager, and I ended up loving that series.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I probably already watched half of the first season. Maybe I will try to start all over again. Hey, it took me 3 tries to get through the first season of Voyager, and I ended up loving that series.
Voyager has it share of very good episodes but I usually ask fans of the show about one particular episode that is a personal favorite of mine.

Did you like Year Of Hell?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Didn't watch the video above, but I heard Paramount is trying to renege on the contract they and with Chris Pine.

Shame.