New Star Trek Series coming

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Why? I thought it was fantastic. For it being a series, it was a fresh take. I loved that they broke with all the "Utopian way of life" that Star Trek always pushes. (I mean I agree with it, but it was a fresh look for it)

I don't like the character of Michael Burman. For someone raised by Vulcans, she sure has a problem using logic. It just fell flat for me mainly because of that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wait, are we talking about T'Pol? Yeah, they were smart to put that shower scene in the first episode

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I don't like the character of Michael Burman. For someone raised by Vulcans, she sure has a problem using logic. It just fell flat for me mainly because of that.
Well, she is human raised by Vulcans. They couldn't make the main character be 100% Vulcan otherwise she wouldn't have any human traits for people to relate with.

Everyone loves Spock, but he could have never been the lead character because people wouldn't be able to relate to him. They related to James T. Kirk and his relationship with Spock.

Same with Tuvok and T'Pol. You had to have the human element in the cast lead role.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wait, are we talking about T'Pok? Yeah, they were smart to put that shower scene in the first episode....Hooked me for the whole series, waiting for a repeat performance.
T'Pok? Is that a mixture of Tuvok and T'Pol lol Or just straight Tupac?
I can't believe you quoted that before I fixed it. I ******* hate automistake! I don't even understand why it changed it to something that isn't even a word.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Well, she is human raised by Vulcans. They couldn't make the main character be 100% Vulcan otherwise she wouldn't have any human traits for people to relate with.

Everyone loves Spock, but he could have never been the lead character because people wouldn't be able to relate to him. They related to James T. Kirk and his relationship with Spock.

Same with Tuvok and T'Pol. You had to have the human element in the cast lead role.

I felt they made her 99.999 percent human and .0001% Vulcan. It seemed like the grew up on Vulcan and absolutely nothing rubbed off on her. I just didn't buy her character. I also think she doesn't even belong in Star Fleet. She has no respect for the command structure. It just didn't make sense. I did think some of the backstory with her relationship with Sarek was somewhat interesting. Maybe it will get better in time, but for now at least, it doesn't seem like a very good show.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Just wanting something taking place after Voyager ended. What they can do with all the new tech in the alpha quadrant, how the borg responds to get their *** handed to them by Janeway. Doesn't have to be directly after, but a few years, and have actors or at least cameos from the actors from DS9 TNG and VOY. Just continue the story and you can go anywhere with it without messing up canon.

I just didn't want another prequel with Discovery, even though I enjoyed Enterprise but it was happening at an appropriate time before TOS, with Discovery happening right before Kirk I don't like.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven't seen Discovery. Is that something you have to pay for?

nobody

Reaction score
Wait, are we talking about T'Pok? Yeah, they were smart to put that shower scene in the first episode....Hooked me for the whole series, waiting for a repeat performance.

I can't believe you quoted that before I fixed it. I ******* hate automistake! I don't even understand why it changed it to something that isn't even a word.
T'Pok? Is that a mixture of Tuvok and T'Pol lol Or just straight Tupac?

Pfft, you jokers haven't heard of T'Pok Sho'kur? He's only the most famous Vulcan rapper ever!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm guessing that's a no.
Yes, you have to pay for CBS All-Access. It's like Netflix, but only CBS stuff. (CBS owns Star Trek)

When Discovery is releasing new shows, I subscribe. When the series is over waiting on next season. I cancel.

Now that they are going to always try to have a new Star Trek series going at all times, I will likely remain subscribed once that starts.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Patrick Stewart is really amazing. He has some kind of Gene where he just looks the same.

Here he is in Excalibur (great older King Arthur movie if you have never seen it).

http://www.aveleyman.com/Gallery/2017/S/16548-5871.jpg/[img]

That was in 1981

Here is now...talking about new Star Trek...he gets a little emotional...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCKQp1sGVRQ

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Patrick Stewart is really amazing. He has some kind of Gene where he just looks the same.

Here he is in Excalibur (great older King Arthur movie if you have never seen it).

http://www.aveleyman.com/Gallery/2017/S/16548-5871.jpg/

That was in 1981

Here is now...talking about new Star Trek...he gets a little emotional...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCKQp1sGVRQ[/QUOTE]
Loved that Excalibur movie when it came out, but now that special effects have gotten so insanely good, it looks pretty lame.