New Star Trek Series coming

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If there was an example I would recommend to anyone who gave up on DS9, it would be the back-to-back two-part episodes Favor The Bold and Sacrifice Of Angels. If those do not warm up someone’s opinion of the show, NOTHING will.
I watched at least a full season...maybe as many as four, I don't remember. As little as I recall of it, I don't need to watch any more.

I think I stopped watching when the shape shifters (can't recall the species name) started to be focused on as the real threat.

Also, I didn't care for the Ferengi.....I definitely have to give it up for Dax, though, leopard spots and all....smokin'!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched at least a full season...maybe as many as four, I don't remember. As little as I recall of it, I don't need to watch any more.

I think I stopped watching when the shape shifters (can't recall the species name) started to be focused on as the real threat.

Also, I didn't care for the Ferengi.....I definitely have to give it up for Dax, though, leopard spots and all....smokin'!
Definitely not pushing anyone to watch anything. My recommendation is solely for anyone who may be curious whether the show got better as it progressed.

With the exception of the TNG episode (do not recall the title) featuring the Ferengi father who exacted revenge on Picard, I do not believe they were presented well at all in TNG, VOY or even DS9 until the latter half of it run. It is hard for me envisioning a technologically advanced empire spanning a large area of the quandrant (sp?) who were basically overseen only by height challenged comic relief. Thankfully Berman fleshed out the Quark character and his race with much more depth.

In my opinion, you stopped when the series improved.

The shape shifters are The Founders aka the creators of The Dominion.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Battle was the episode and the Ferengi's name was Bok. There was also the episode Bloodlines.
Thanks. I did not care for The Battle all that well but I did enjoy the Bloodlines episode with the Ferengi father a lot. lol. I am remembering just now that was the same Ferengi character from both episodes. :muttley:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Apparently, Discovery and whatever series that will have Picard in it isn't the only one coming!!!

CBS All Access Is Laying the Groundwork for Non-Stop Star Trek

aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRjMuYnAuYmxvZ3Nwb3QuY29tJTJGLV9vSzlndzFCVlhNJTJGVWNOUWdCSlBWZ0klMkZBQUFBQUFBQUItayUyRkU2WVR0QXBrMXhFJTJGczE2MDAlMkZ3aW5zZWN0b3IuanBn

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Definitely not pushing anyone to watch anything. My recommendation is solely for anyone who may be curious whether the show got better as it progressed.

With the exception of the TNG episode (do not recall the title) featuring the Ferengi father who exacted revenge on Picard, I do not believe they were presented well at all in TNG, VOY or even DS9 until the latter half of it run. It is hard for me envisioning a technologically advanced empire spanning a large area of the quandrant (sp?) who were basically overseen only by height challenged comic relief. Thankfully Berman fleshed out the Quark character and his race with much more depth.

In my opinion, you stopped when the series improved.

The shape shifters are The Founders aka the creators of The Dominion.
I just went on Wikipedia to read up on the Dominion War, and I'll tell ya, if I saw any of that, I completely blocked it out. I'm absolutely certain I watched more than just Season 1, but none of that rings a bell.........except that I remember the Jem'Hadar, so I must have seen some of it. Maybe I just didn't care for it. Then again, that was a long time ago.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I just went on Wikipedia to read up on the Dominion War, and I'll tell ya, if I saw any of that, I completely blocked it out. I'm absolutely certain I watched more than just Season 1, but none of that rings a bell.........except that I remember the Jem'Hadar, so I must have seen some of it. Maybe I just didn't care for it. Then again, that was a long time ago.

See see the Dominion and the Jem'Hadar you would have had to go several season in. That said, maybe they just sound familiar from other discussions?

These are Jem'Hadar

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
See see the Dominion and the Jem'Hadar you would have had to go several season in. That said, maybe they just sound familiar from other discussions?

These are Jem'Hadar

No, I've definitely seen episodes with them.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Their masters were the Changelings, and I remember the female Changeling who was in charge.

You know, I was watching Star Trek TNG episode "The Chase" (season 6 episode 20, or episode 146 overall) last night and I noticed that she was in that. It's about a race 4 billion years ago that left DNA strands on several worlds that you peice back together which triggers a video of sort. She was in the 4 billion year old video.

This episode is from 1993

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You know, I was watching Star Trek TNG episode "The Chase" (season 6 episode 20, or episode 146 overall) last night and I noticed that she was in that. It's about a race 4 billion years ago that left DNA strands on several worlds that you peice back together which triggers a video of sort. She was in the 4 billion year old video.

This episode is from 1993

They all look the same to me....Is that racist?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm worried they'll disappoint me. I was disappointed in ST Discovery.
Why? I thought it was fantastic. For it being a series, it was a fresh take. I loved that they broke with all the "Utopian way of life" that Star Trek always pushes. (I mean I agree with it, but it was a fresh look for it)