Newman Has surgery...

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2324696 said:
lol its true you wont a bigger Newman homer than me...but looking closely at his play.....hes not that great we all thought honestly...hes good n can cover but hes no shut down....and does not play the ball to well...

he plays his man better than any other corner.....but will settle for a tackle.....sometimes a bat down

pacman imo...is a bit better

Wow you are pulling a Rampage, PM hostile and change your name, cause that **** aint right

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Rod;2324708 said:
Because I lost yet another Cowboys/Commanders bet; who would miss the most time this season between Newman and Springs. I am now 0-2 this season and awaiting additional humiliation (see avatar for lost bet #1).
Sorry for your bad luck.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Ok, so Newman misses:

10/12: at Arizona
10/19: at San Francisco
10/26: vs Tamoa Bay
11/2: at NY Giants
11/9: bye
11/16 at Washington (how appropriate for Newman to make his return)

Where is Evan Ogelsby???

ddh33

Reaction score
Well, at least it's going to be dealt with in a more concrete fashion. I just said earlier today that my fear was that Newman would sit out a month only to find out he needed the surgery after all...

This way, you know what you've got. Newman can rehab, get better, and come back to help the team. Easy for me to say.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2324678 said:
I thought this was the right thing to do all along. We will need him in the playoffs more than now. Time for the kids to step up.
With the soft part of the Schedule comimg around this was the right time, we'll need Newman more in November and December.

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2324763 said:
Ok, so Newman misses:

10/12: at Arizona
10/19: at San Francisco
10/26: vs Tamoa Bay
11/2: at NY Giants
11/9: bye
11/16 at Washington (how appropriate for Newman to make his return)

Where is Evan Ogelsby???

10/19 is St Louis....11/23 is San Fran

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I have a feeling with Newman, he will take longer than a month to recover. The good thing is he got the surgery over and done with instead of just prolonging it till later.

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score
stealth;2324820 said:
I have a feeling Newman is going to DOMINATE in the playoffs.

Newman will not be anywhere near 100% when he returns or for the remainder of this season.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
stealth;2324820 said:
I have a feeling Newman is going to DOMINATE in the playoffs.

I have a feeling we won't have the best record in the NFC, but we're going to jell into the team that nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

Might be a bumpy road in here between now and then, though.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2324648 said:
o god is it time to panic?

i just hope he knows when he gets back he wont get his starting spot back just like that.....i hope we keep him in nickel this guy is just way to injury prone.......Pac deserves to start...let him n henry battle it out..if need be....

in my eyes i love Newman.....but he is no longer the cowboys number 1 corner....and he can thank his constant injuries for that...Pacman is the better corner...

this coming from a Newman homer......

lane;2324655 said:

He's been a chicken little ever since the Commanders game...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I have a feeling of "we'll be ok."

Pacman is about to make it rain. Cinci was proof of such.

Henry will step up.

And Jenkins/Scandrick.... we'll get to see what they are made of.

Its gobble time. Pacman time. Get ready!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2324830 said:
I have a feeling we won't have the best record in the NFC, but we're going to jell into the team that nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

could not have said it better lab...

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2324830 said:

I am the same way man, this team is gonna respond to this "not good enough" garbage in the playoffs.

Prepare for a late season run.

I think they get it now.

Frozen700

Reaction score
stealth;2324726 said:
Wow you are pulling a Rampage, PM hostile and change your name, cause that **** aint right

lol bro relax......i love newman way better than Pacman...trust me.....i want newman to be the number 1 corner...and to make plays...

i only speak the truth..or at least my opinion.......Chris Webber for instance..is my fav player in basketball....i think if healthy...hes be 1 of the best fowards....thought i feel KG is a bit better....is there a problem with that?

now that pacman got his swagger back...n when i see a ball go in his direction i feel like omg its a big play!!! he might get an int...Newman is theonly cornerthat has made me feel that way..now pac does..which isnt saying much considering newman usually just bats the ball down...or tackles the guy...

with henry..im usually like....O no please let it be a pick or a bat down"

Frozen700

Reaction score
ajk23az;2324833 said:
He's been a chicken little ever since the Commanders game...

not really its just that people like to point out the fact the newman is hurting thats why he got abused...no he got abused because he just plain did...no excuses...hes my Fav corner but even i can see that

he has his days....like VS Detroit a year or 2 ago

Newman is not bad just lacks big plays...and acts scared to play the ball sometimes...but i like his ability to run with a man n stick with him like glue....