Newman Has surgery...

Frozen700

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2324830 said:
I have a feeling we won't have the best record in the NFC, but we're going to jell into the team that nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

Might be a bumpy road in here between now and then, though.

same here

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
mrla;2324826 said:
Newman will not be anywhere near 100% when he returns or for the remainder of this season.
As lomg as he can play in the nickel I'll be happy.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2324678 said:
I thought this was the right thing to do all along. We will need him in the playoffs more than now. Time for the kids to step up.

If this teams continues down the path its going, playing with no enthusiasm, passion, and especially heart, they aint going to the playoffs.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2324763 said:
Ok, so Newman misses:

10/12: at Arizona
10/19: at San Francisco
10/26: vs Tamoa Bay
11/2: at NY Giants
11/9: bye
11/16 at Washington (how appropriate for Newman to make his return)

Where is Evan Ogelsby???

Baltimore:mad:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2325288 said:
Baltimore:mad:

Wow-I'm shocked at all the lovefest with this guy. He didn't even have a great preseason, and is LOW on the Ravens' depth chart.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Meet Terrance Newman, the new Terry Glenn of the 2008 Cowboys.

Put "her" on IR and get it over with. Come on, you all know Newman won't even practice until the season is over. And then he will try to come back for a playoff game. Forget it.

Newman is high maintenance. All that speed parked in the garage. Take it out for a drive and you have to call AAA for a tow.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
ninja;2325304 said:

Put "her" on IR and get it over with. Come on, you all know Newman won't even practice until the season is over. And then he will try to come back for a playoff game. Forget it.

Newman is high maintenance. All that speed parked in the garage. Take it out for a drive and you have to call AAA for a tow.

Ouch ninja. Watch out for the bombs.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Boysboy;2325297 said:
Wow-I'm shocked at all the lovefest with this guy. He didn't even have a great preseason, and is LOW on the Ravens' depth chart.

Oglesby was playing well in practice with some INTs. He played so-so in preseason games (who didn't?).

Boysboy

Reaction score
ninja;2325307 said:
Oglesby was playing well in practice with some INTs. He played so-so in preseason games (who didn't?).

Well-what about all the reports how Bobby Carpenter was having a strong camp, and looked like he was finally turning the corner?

Why isn't he doing the same on the playing field now?

Look-we have to give these coaches the benefit of the doubt. They're the ones who watch practice et al 24/7. And besides, Oglesby was mostly playing with the 2nd/3rd times too.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
ninja;2325304 said:

dude, how long did he play before he got injured?

you know he played here before this season and last right?

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
This to me this is not bad news. In fact it's better than I feared.

After the Commanders game I was sure the groin was hindering him. Sitting out the Cin game confirmed my fears. After that I was resigned to the fact that he was probably going to need 4-6 weeks rest to give him the best chance to play close to 100% for the stretch run.

In my mind, the fact that he had a specific correctable problem diagnosed that required surgery was great news. The fact that he has been given a somewhat definitive time frame for recovery is even better news.

I've seen hamstring injuries linger for and destroy/hinder entire seasons. Just like Emmitt in 1994.

I'm thrilled. If we take our time here, perhaps give him 5-6 weeks and then work him in slowly via a nickle spot,we should be gold for Decmember.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
stealth;2325313 said:
dude, how long did he play before he got injured?

you know he played here before this season and last right?

The NFL is all about today and tomorrow. What Newman did yesterday is irrelevant. Bottom line: Newman will do nothing for the team in 2008. Nothing. Except collect a nice paycheck and take up a roster spot.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
ninja;2325320 said:
The NFL is all about today and tomorrow. What Newman did yesterday is irrelevant. Bottom line: Newman will do nothing for the team in 2008. Nothing. Except collect a nice paycheck and take up a roster spot.

and if you are wrong, you gonna own up? or you gonna pretend you never said any of this?

Boysboy

Reaction score
ninja;2325320 said:

Every year-every team will have a key injury or 2. I HATE it, but sadly, it's part of the game.

Remember last year Fergy went down in wk1. The year before, Ellis at midseason. The year before that, Flo missed the majority of that.

Really-if it's not Newman, it could be any other guy. I would *cringe* at the thought if it was Flo(again)-this board would be in an utter meltdown.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Like him or not this should make us happy that Pacman is here and we drafted Jenkins and Scandrick. we are in much better shape to handle this now then last year.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2325325 said:
Like him or not this should make us happy that Pacman is here and we drafted Jenkins and Scandrick. we are in much better shape to handle this now then last year.

I agree-I am BUMMED over what happened with Pacman this week, but let's say we DIDN'T get him in the offseason........

All the haters here complaining how he's a leopard who won't change his spots are probably the same ones who would have said, "Why didn't we gamble on Pacman this year? Jerry you IDIOT!".

Pt being that noone will be satisfied.

I'll take the good with the bad, thank you.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2325297 said:

i liked him so that is it, but it is ok he is at Baltimore so all is not lost:D

Eskimo

Reaction score
ninja;2325304 said:

The difference is that Glenn's condition was degenerative and the surgery he had is generally ineffective for his condition.