Newman pulled his groin...

juck

Reaction score
thats what Irvin just reported.Walking gingerly .Hope its not serious.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
That takes a long time to heal if it's halfway serious doesn't it?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dont get carried away, I think irvin and kiley said it LOOKED like a groin strain of some sort.

They are guessing from watching practice.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hey, don't worry....we know he can play....gives our young guns a chance to shine....while TNew gets healthy.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Yeah, my friend is at camp and said that's what it loooked like and he's limped back on to the field.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
U know i was thinking about it last night, the laws of football never allow one team to have a surplus of talent at one position at one time. We have too many good corners, some have to get injured to balance nature out.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Now they are saying he is walking around not so well but my be something to he can practice with. Who knows at this point.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
bootsy;2163038 said:
Now they are saying he is walking around not so well but my be something to he can practice with. Who knows at this point.

My guess is he won't practice.

And really, this early in training camp, why make him practice with it?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I pulled a groin playing in a game once. I was back playing the next week. Hurt like hell that weekend, though.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;2163041 said:
My guess is he won't practice.

And really, this early in training camp, why make him practice with it?
Agreed, we already know what TNew can do. I am just glad they didn't say he was carried off or something like that.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
look at it this way, now newman can get some rest, tutor the young players on sideline and in the film room while the youngsters like jenkins, adam jones, scandrick, olgesby learn, this will only make the cowboys secondary stronger on down the road

remember last year, newman was hurt and we had to play reeves opposite henry, we all know how that turned out,

now jenkins, scandrick, adam jones can learn, step up till newman is fully recovered

i think a groin pull takes at least 3=5 weeks to heal, depending on how bad it is pulled,

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2163026 said:
Yeah, my friend is at camp and said that's what it loooked like and he's limped back on to the field.

Limped back on to the field to continue practicing?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terence Newman out
Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman just left the practice field with head athletic trainer Jim Maurer. Not sure what the injury is. Newman in the closed athletic training tent right now with Maurer. Stay tuned.

Newman didn't look like himself yesterday, struggling to keep up with the receivers and staying on his feet.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 11:58 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Newman back on field
CB Terence Newman has returned. Not sure what the injury was. He is not limping but looks exhausted and has a towel wrapped around his neck.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:07 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Newman doesn't look like he's coming back
CB Terence Newman doesn't appear he's coming back anytime soon in this practice. Why risk anything else?

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:24 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Newman back in trainers' tent
Back in and back out for CB Terence Newman and I have to believe he is done for this practice and likely the afternoon. Newman has both shoes untied.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:32 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
no one said he is injured or going to miss any time yet. He could just have a minor bruise and practice tonight.