Newman pulled his groin...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2163054 said:
It also sounds like to me he may not be feeling well

I have yet to meet a man who did feel well after pulling a groin muscle.

:)

Frozen700

Reaction score
I dont its that serious...i pulled my groin b4 playing football...and i took like 5 days off from running and i was able to run full speed.....yea mine was pretty serious if i remember correctly...

i felt the pain as i was running....but didnt want to leave to game so i kept quite about it...n kept running full speed the entire game...n it got worse n worse...n it only took 5 days to heal...

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Poor trainer.

USC-Cheerleader.jpg

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2163049 said:
Terence Newman out
Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman just left the practice field with head athletic trainer Jim Maurer. Not sure what the injury is. Newman in the closed athletic training tent right now with Maurer. Stay tuned.

Newman didn't look like himself yesterday, struggling to keep up with the receivers and staying on his feet.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 11:58 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Newman back on field
CB Terence Newman has returned. Not sure what the injury was. He is not limping but looks exhausted and has a towel wrapped around his neck.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:07 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Newman doesn't look like he's coming back
CB Terence Newman doesn't appear he's coming back anytime soon in this practice. Why risk anything else?

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:24 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Newman back in trainers' tent
Back in and back out for CB Terence Newman and I have to believe he is done for this practice and likely the afternoon. Newman has both shoes untied.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:32 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

According to dallascowboys.com, it is an ankle injury and said it seems minor.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Newman Appears OK After Walking Off Field
Posted by nickeatman at 7/28/2008 12:05 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

[FONT=verdana,geneva]
836cb25a-9735-4741-91f9-6ce764158e0b.Large.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]The Cowboys have suffered their first scare of training camp, but it doesn't appear to be anything too serious. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Cornerback Terence Newman gingerly walked off the practice field here Monday morning in Oxnard and was put on the trainer table. Newman didn't exactly limping off the field, so his status is still uncertain. The injury looked more like a cramp or dehydration. [/FONT]

After spending several minutes inside a make-shift training room, Newman returned to the field, but has yet to return to practice.

[FONT=verdana,geneva]The Cowboys are in full pads today, but have yet to conduct any heavy contact drills this morning. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Newman missed the first two games last season after suffering a right foot injury. [/FONT]

And Newman isn't the only cornerback not on the practice field. Quincy Butler has not been on the field all morning. Team officials have no word on his status.

[FONT=verdana,geneva]More details to come. Stay tuned. [/FONT]

-- Nick Eatman

More on Newman, Butler Inuries
Posted by jellis at 7/28/2008 12:40 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Cornerbacks Terence Newman and Quincy Butler each missed at least part of practice Monday morning, though neither injury appears to be too serious.

Newman left practice before team drills and looked to be having his ankle re-taped in a makeshift trainer's room before returning to watch team drills for the remainder of practice. No word yet on his availability for this afternoon's workout.

Butler, a Cowboys practice-squad reserve all last season, did not dress out for the morning practice and watched the drills while wearing a battery-powered muscle stimulator on his leg. Wade Phillips is expected to address both injuries at his 2:45 p.m. (PDT) press conference.

Also missing practice for the second straight day were linebackers Justin Rogers (stomach virus) and Tearrius George (knee bruise).

-Josh Ellis

Comments (1) | Permanent Link

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've pulled a groin pretty bad before and it usually hurts really bad a day or two but then you're ok. He'll be fine in a few days if that's all it was.

Edit - It would appear, the further I read, that it was a minor ankle thing. I'm not worried about it. He should be just fine in a few days.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2163080 said:
Newman Appears OK After Walking Off Field
Posted by nickeatman at 7/28/2008 12:05 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

[FONT=verdana,geneva]
836cb25a-9735-4741-91f9-6ce764158e0b.Large.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]The Cowboys have suffered their first scare of training camp, but it doesn't appear to be anything too serious. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Cornerback Terence Newman gingerly walked off the practice field here Monday morning in Oxnard and was put on the trainer table. Newman didn't exactly limping off the field, so his status is still uncertain. The injury looked more like a cramp or dehydration. [/FONT]

After spending several minutes inside a make-shift training room, Newman returned to the field, but has yet to return to practice.

[FONT=verdana,geneva]The Cowboys are in full pads today, but have yet to conduct any heavy contact drills this morning. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Newman missed the first two games last season after suffering a right foot injury. [/FONT]

And Newman isn't the only cornerback not on the practice field. Quincy Butler has not been on the field all morning. Team officials have no word on his status.

[FONT=verdana,geneva]More details to come. Stay tuned. [/FONT]

-- Nick Eatman

Cornerbacks Terence Newman and Quincy Butler each missed at least part of practice Monday morning, though neither injury appears to be too serious.

Newman left practice before team drills and looked to be having his ankle re-taped in a makeshift trainer's room before returning to watch team drills for the remainder of practice. No word yet on his availability for this afternoon's workout.

Butler, a Cowboys practice-squad reserve all last season, did not dress out for the morning practice and watched the drills while wearing a battery-powered muscle stimulator on his leg. Wade Phillips is expected to address both injuries at his 2:45 p.m. (PDT) press conference.

Also missing practice for the second straight day were linebackers Justin Rogers (stomach virus) and Tearrius George (knee bruise).

-Josh Ellis

Comments (1) | Permanent Link

Good news. Now can someone please change this threads title?? :eek:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

-Josh Ellis

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Groin Nags Newman
Posted by rphillips at 7/28/2008 1:03 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

According to team trainers, cornerback Terence Newman pulled his groin during the morning practice.

Newman didn't seem to be limping, but he also didn't stick around to stretch with the team once practice ended.

Comments (0) | Permanent Link

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2163094 said:
Groin Nags Newman
Posted by rphillips at 7/28/2008 1:03 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

According to team trainers, cornerback Terence Newman pulled his groin during the morning practice.

Newman didn't seem to be limping, but he also didn't stick around to stretch with the team once practice ended.

Comments (0) | Permanent Link

OK-which is which? Getting confused now.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
This is good news...but I remember his plantar fascia tear was initially diagnosed as a minor heel problem early on too.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dargonking999;2163092 said:
Well thats good news, i didn't want have to start our season is doomed thread

Wait till cowboyrock becomes aware of this development.

I am sure they will inform him of it on ES.

:)