Newman pulled his groin...

juck

Reaction score
He pulled his groin.He will be fine I have done that 2 times,2 weeks it heals.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;2163103 said:
This is good news...but I remember his plantar fascia tear was initially diagnosed as a minor heel problem early on too.

Hey, thanks for reminding us!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;2163111 said:
Hey, thanks for reminding us!
debbie_downer.jpg

Reaction score
Terence Newman might have injured groin
1:11 PM Mon, Jul 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
That's the word from secondary coach Dave Campo, who was wishy-washy about it.

"It might have been a groin," Campo said. "I'm not 100 percent sure."

Newman, who did not getting any reps after walking off the field midway through practice, declined to comment. Dr. Wade Phillips ought to have an update during his afternoon press conference.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Remember since the draft how most Zoners were upset that we drafted Mike Jenkins INSTEAD of a WR?

Seriously-you should AT LEAST breath a sigh of relief now. Yes-Newman is the glue to our secondary. However-if we drafted a receiver instead of Jenkins, I think there would really be alot of concern.

Besides-I'm worried about Newman's health-Last year, it was the foot injury that bothered him all season, then a knee injury bugged him at the end. In '04, he wasn't 100% at all throughout. At least we have some nice depth behind him.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Boysboy;2163134 said:
Remember since the draft how most Zoners were upset that we drafted Mike Jenkins INSTEAD of a WR?

Seriously-you should AT LEAST breath a sigh of relief now. Yes-Newman is the glue to our secondary. However-if we drafted a receiver instead of Jenkins, I think there would really be alot of concern.

Besides-I'm worried about Newman's health-Last year, it was the foot injury that bothered him all season, then a knee injury bugged him at the end. In '04, he wasn't 100% at all throughout. At least we have some nice depth behind him.

It is a choose your curse. Just like with Anthony and TNew, chances of TO playing a complete 16 games season are slim to none. Personally, I think CB depth was much more needed.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2163138 said:
It is a choose your curse. Just like with Anthony and TNew, chances of TO playing a complete 16 games season are slim to none. Personally, I think CB depth was much more needed.

Yeah-last year, Wade had to reign in his playbook a bit when Newman and Henry got injury, why? B/c their backups(Reeves and N. Jones) were nothing but zone cover corners.

Pt being that the key to Wade's exotic blitzing schemes working is for his corners to play press coverage effectively. Our pass rush was actually very, very good last year. However-it doesn't matter how good your pass rush is, if your corners consistently let opposing receivers get separation on them, then it won't matter at all b/c it'll be easier for QBs to release the ball quickly.

With that being said-while I was discouraged over Newman's injury today, I'm not THAT concerned...just as long as it isn't serious.

juck

Reaction score
Newman out with groin injury

Ok, here's the details on CB Terence Newman. He strained his groin after taking a hit. He could possibly have an MRI done this afternoon and he is surely miss the afternoon practice. The training staff is not sure how serious the injury is. He remained on the sideline during practice.
Newman took a hit in one groin by the knee of another player while he was on the ground and strained the other groin.
CB Quincy Butler was out with a hamstring and LB Justin Rogers was still out with a stomach virus. He stomach was hurting so bad he was sent to the hospital, but it wasn't anything super serious.
- Rick Herrin

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
juckie;2163203 said:

Ok, here's the details on CB Terence Newman. He strained his groin after taking a hit. He could possibly have an MRI done this afternoon and he is surely miss the afternoon practice. The training staff is not sure how serious the injury is. He remained on the sideline during practice.
Newman took a hit in one groin by the knee of another player while he was on the ground and strained the other groin.
CB Quincy Butler was out with a hamstring and LB Justin Rogers was still out with a stomach virus. He stomach was hurting so bad he was sent to the hospital, but it wasn't anything super serious.
- Rick Herrin

I think getting hit in the groin and having a bruised groin is a lot better than pulling the thing. Think inside charlie horse.

Quincy Butler. Why are we still messing around with this guy? He is always nursing something and he never even gets a mention once the regular season begins.

juck

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2163216 said:
I think getting hit in the groin and having a bruised groin is a lot better than pulling the thing. Think inside charlie horse.

Quincy Butler. Why are we still messing around with this guy? He is always nursing something and he never even gets a mention once the regular season begins.

The thing is he got bruised on one side and strained or pulled the other side.he is gonna be sore tonite.lol.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Camp Cupcake? How many camps have a guy get hurt and fall down, and then someone comes along and knees him in the groin for good measure? ;)

bigE79

Reaction score
juckie;2163203 said:

- Rick Herrin
thanks for the update J,but i tell you, i know injurys are part of the game but it pisses me off when they happen like this.

juck

Reaction score
he will be ok,just hope its ot torn.i highly doubt it.