Next Gen Stats Wk 18 - WR Separation

ondaedg

Reaction score
hard to get separation when vast majority of the routs were curl routs.
See this is what was blowing my mind yesterday. We would literally line up 4 wide and run four basic individual routes. I remember when the Steelers would run pick plays to get Antonio Brown open. AB arguably had the most explosive cut of any WR in history and we’re sending Noah Brown out by himself to run an out-route?!? Mind boggling.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
See this is what was blowing my mind yesterday. We would literally line up 4 wide and run four basic individual routes. I remember when the Steelers would run pick plays to get Antonio Brown open. AB arguably had the most explosive cut of any WR in history and we’re sending Noah Brown out by himself to run an out-route?!? Mind boggling.
You think they tried to win?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
couple that with the OL's poor pass blocking and you have some explanation for the ints and incompletions.

You have a QB that is forced to throw into tight windows very quickly.
and that's exactly what he was doing.....this may also explain the for signing Hilton or going after OBJ.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dalton - 1.5
Gallup - 1.7
Brown - 1.7
Lamb - 3.4

I’ve seen some poor separation stats but this is among the worst I’ve ever seen for a single game from 3 of your top 4 receivers.
Been saying this for several weeks, outside of Lamb, our receiver group is one of the worst in the current playoff field. Outside maybe just the Giants/Ravens they are the worst in the playoffs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Think the front office knew they weren't good enough at DT/WR during the season and couldn't do much to fix it.

A good front office fixes it in the off season. Especially when the whole world knows it.

Better yet the good front office doesn’t create the WR problem in the first place by trading one of your best for peanuts.

conner01

Reaction score
Dalton - 1.5
Gallup - 1.7
Brown - 1.7
Lamb - 3.4

I’ve seen some poor separation stats but this is among the worst I’ve ever seen for a single game from 3 of your top 4 receivers.
That was really obvious
There was no separation all day
I think it’s time to dig a little deeper in the playbook when you aren’t getting any seperations
More important it looked like lots of double coverage yet no underneath passes to pollard to attract coverage either

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
Been saying this for several weeks, outside of Lamb, our receiver group is one of the worst in the current playoff field. Outside maybe just the Giants/Ravens they are the worst in the playoffs.
We will be drafting receiver again for sure. Cb then bpa wr or lb but we will have to see who we resign and how cox clarke and tolbert progress