Next OC Gary Kubiak?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Would he be willing to work under Garrett?

I agree that he's an upgrade. It seems like they would have to completely abandon Garrett's antiquated, 1990 offensive constraints and let Kubiak install and call the entire offense to get him to come here.

I would prefer someone who would design and call an offense that plays to Dak's abilities. As well as a QB coach who will tighten up his mechanics and force him to focus on improving his accuracy.

When he was at Houston, Kubiak's QB coach was Karl Dorrell (former HC at UCLA). He is currently the Jets WR coach so I don't know if he would be available, but if Kubiak came, I'd hope he would bring Dorrell or his son, Klint, who is(was?) the Broncos QB Coach. You can't give Dak Prescott an unproven first timer and then wonder why he isn't improving. Kellen Moore can be re-assigned to the scouting department.

Last edited:

tm1119

Reaction score
Kubiak hardly seems like the new, innovative step forward we want to take....I’d go after John Defillipo or Jim Bob Cooter. And if we do go older retread id prefer Bill Musgrave. He has experience running a more unconventional offensive with Vick and on Chip Kelly’s staff.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Kubiak wants significant control. That’s probably not happening here because Garrett will view him as a threat and sabotage him behind the scenes.

I would love to see what sabotage looks like because a spectator that didn’t know better, would conclude that Linehan was sabotaging Garrett with his obvious play calling.

khiladi

Reaction score
He's uninterested in being a head coach again due to his health. That's not a threat.

Not as a HC, he wants significant control over the offense. Part of the Denver issues is he wanted certain assistant coaches that Denver didn’t want. His role in the organization was more like a “co-HC”