Next OC Gary Kubiak?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Kubiaks system is based on moving the pocket and stretch plays.

It’s exactly what this team needs. He also has some west coach which would help with slants for Dak
And Kubiak's one of those that is a better coordinator than HC......that way Jerry won't have to worry about Garrett getting his feelings hurt thinking he was a threat to him.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Kubiaks system is based on moving the pocket and stretch plays.

It’s exactly what this team needs. He also has some west coach which would help with slants for Dak

Does his system require an accurate QB who can deliver the ball on time? If so, no thanks. We need an OC with a system that doesn’t rely on accuracy or timing from his QB but can get by on nothing but intangibles.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Kubiak’s system would win us a championship. Zeke would go over 2000 yards rushing and Dak would look a lot better with easy reads and high percentage throws. If it’s not open, he could run it. That is a trademark of his system and almost custom built for our offensive personnel.

A Kubiak hire almost makes too much sense. It’ll never happen...

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Does his system require an accurate QB who can deliver the ball on time? If so, no thanks. We need an OC with a system that doesn’t rely on accuracy or timing from his QB but can get by on nothing but intangibles.
Every system in the NFL has that as a prerequisite. But his involves QB having a run pass option on just about every play

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I thought you "enjoyed this season"
Why not just bring back Linehan?
You can enjoy the season while also not screaming and stressing about moves the team doesn’t make.

Would it be great if Kubiak joined? Of course! But if it doesn’t I like enough of what’s already on the team.

visionary

Reaction score
You can enjoy the season while also not screaming and stressing about moves the team doesn’t make.

Would it be great if Kubiak joined? Of course! But if it doesn’t I like enough of what’s already on the team.

But why are you not rooting to just keep Linehan if you enjoyed this season so much? Or was that all rubbish?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Gosh, a major name OC tied to the Cowboys less than 24 hours after they exit the playoffs? Who saw that coming?

Actually, everyone including Linehan. Question for the group - what are Kubiak's ties to Dallas Front Office people or Coaches? I have to think they have been having back channel discussions on this for some time, just like Hudson Houck signed on as the OL Coach mentor about ten seconds after Paul Alexander was fired.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
But why are you not rooting to just keep Linehan if you enjoyed this season so much? Or was that all rubbish?
I root for the team. I dont have any attachment or hate for any singular person on the team, player or coach.

I understand all every single one of them brings more than most on this board, but being around building a football team for 13 years you realize those that do it 80 hours a week know more than anyone on this board 1,000 times over.

And when they produce results you trust they’ll get the job done because again it actually means having a paycheck or not for those involved.

visionary

Reaction score
I root for the team. I dont have any attachment or hate for any singular person on the team, player or coach.

I understand all every single one of them brings more than most on this board, but being around building a football team for 13 years you realize those that do it 80 hours a week know more than anyone on this board 1,000 times over.

And when they produce results you trust they’ll get the job done because again it actually means having a paycheck or not for those involved.

Just to be clear, you're rooting for Linehan to stay
Correct?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Gosh, a major name OC tied to the Cowboys less than 24 hours after they exit the playoffs? Who saw that coming?

Actually, everyone including Linehan. Question for the group - what are Kubiak's ties to Dallas Front Office people or Coaches? I have to think they have been having back channel discussions on this for some time, just like Hudson Houck signed on as the OL Coach mentor about ten seconds after Paul Alexander was fired.
There’s no actual ties other than board speculation.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Mike S, I think Jerry is friends with him on some level.