Next OC Gary Kubiak?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
i doubt this happens, i dont view JJ or SJ all that interested in winning. Besides one good play and we ll hear "Kubiak is gone"

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
They'll wait till the better OC's are already signed then they can say "we had interest".........nothing slow about this FO.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
No worries as long as Linehan and Moore are in Dallas the magic is right around the corner.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Kubiak had the worst offense with Peyton Manning in 2015 though they won SB with their defense. If Peyton manning sucked in his offemse, Dak will have career nightmare numbers.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Several teams were denied interviewing him b/c the original plan was for him to be Denver's OC...........but that is not looking like it will happen. I think it would be a great fit.

Anyone have a better idea?
He is familiar with a mobile QB (he was Elway's back up, QB coach, and OC). However, he has health issues and is in an administrative role for the Broncos. I do not see him dealing with Jerry Jones in his ear.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Would he be willing to work under Garrett?

I agree that he's an upgrade. It seems like they would have to completely abandon Garrett's antiquated, 1990 offensive constraints and let Kubiak install and call the entire offense to get him to come here.

I would prefer someone who would design and call an offense that plays to Dak's abilities. As well as a QB coach who will tighten up his mechanics and force him to focus on improving his accuracy.

When he was at Houston, Kubiak's QB coach was Karl Dorrell (former HC at UCLA). He is currently the Jets WR coach so I don't know if he would be available, but if Kubiak came, I'd hope he would bring Dorrell or his son, Klint, who is(was?) the Broncos QB Coach. You can't give Dak Prescott an unproven first timer and then wonder why he isn't improving. Kellen Moore can be re-assigned to the scouting department.
1990 what? Our offense is run nothing like the 90's Boyz,

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Kubiak hardly seems like the new, innovative step forward we want to take....I’d go after John Defillipo or Jim Bob Cooter. And if we do go older retread id prefer Bill Musgrave. He has experience running a more unconventional offensive with Vick and on Chip Kelly’s staff.
Wrong. He's always had an amazing running game and play action game the two things this offense strives at. Also would be able to move around Amari and have an extensive route tree for him and can take an average TE like Jarwin and make him a borderline prow bowler. If Jerry and Stephen are smart, giggle, giggle, they would hire him in a second.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Is our o-line scheme what Kubiak prefers?
Our oline can do it all. Might actually rejuvenate Tyrone a little to get him zoning a good amount and Zeke would be perfect for that quick cut and go.