Next pick released

CPanther95

Reaction score
The Steelers were smart enough not to broadcast their pick.

They didn't want a run on 3rd rounders before pick #28.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What are you talking about? You just told me this information has been out for weeks?

I said they like Sutton and Moore as targets for day 2. How hard is that to understand? Everyone knew they were taking the LB day 1.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of these days fans will realize that people in the media, especially those on twitter, like to throw guesses out there and use the "my sources tell me" as to sound official or "connected". If they are wrong, people forget about it soon enough. If they are right, more people follow them.

There were several people claiming the judge ruled in Ezekiel Elliott's favor and "their sources said they are just finalizing the paperwork" only to have him lose the case.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think a lot of it is the team circulating names so the fans are prepared.

Rough on a draftee when the fans hate them for nothing other than being drafted.

But it's not exactly a shock to anyone that Dallas loves Sutton in round 2 given Garrett personally worked him out and they brought him in for an interview as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a lot of it is the team circulating names so the fans are prepared.

Rough on a draftee when the fans hate them for nothing other than being drafted.

But it's not exactly a shock to anyone that Dallas loves Sutton in round 2 given Garrett personally worked him out and they brought him in for an interview as well.
Does Mrs. Garrett know Jason worked him out?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BTW, we didn't know Taco last year and people freaked the heck out.
Bloggers and local media are still crying out the Taco pick.

So I do think the team wanted to socialize the idea and get public buy in on LVE.

Dane and other moved him up a lot as we got close and that helped make him more palatable to fans.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone and their mom we’re guessing. Just like they’re obviously guessing here.

How many posts did we have here yesterday before the draft saying we had no idea what the Cowboys were actually going to do? A lot of people had Sutton going at 19.
Tis true but what else do we have to discuss? LVE will spend the rest of his life in a neck brace or maybe an iron lung. Witten has turned on us like a mad dog and said "I'm and as hell and not going to take this anymore".

The only thing we can be absolutely certain about is that the Cowboys will use every second of that clock to keep the war room on camera and Booger in the middle. High point of the draft for me was Trey Wingo calling him out on that and the discomfort from Herbstreit and Mel "can you tell I had a hairnet on all day" Kiper. They looked lost. I am surprised after we took LVE, Wingo didn't say "oops, shoulda taken a TE" wink, wink

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BTW, we didn't know Taco last year and people freaked the heck out.
Bloggers and local media are still crying out the Taco pick.

So I do think the team wanted to socialize the idea and get public buy in on LVE.

Dane and other moved him up a lot as we got close and that helped make him more palatable to fans.
There could be something to that because I can remember the fans booing draft picks and that's really poor form, it's not the kid's fault. I remember Yosemite's reaction to that when he had the opportunity to address the fans. He knew he was not a popular pick, hell, no one knew who he was.

There were a lot of Cowboys fans there and if they'd pulled what SEA did, the booing would have been as loud as Goodell's. Of course they're not booing the player but the pick but that's still poor form. Those kids are nervous enough without being booed by the fans before they even show up.

conner01

Reaction score
yeah that was my first reaction............ Sutton won't be there at 50.

If he is, that would be quite a little steal IMO.
At 50 I’d take him
My favorite though is miller
Just think he would fit well with Dak
Don’t think he falls to 50 either