Next season smells like a disaster

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it will be more of the same but people will blame someone else besides Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak could have been mentioned in the same type rhetoric if he took us to a championship game then a Super Bowl.

If Mahomes had fizzled out in first round of playoffs he wouldn’t be hailed as high . Much like the Buzz around Jackson simmered down after Ravens were knocked out in their 1st playoff game.

Winning in the playoffs and beyond elevates QB’s to new status. It’s what foiled Romo. No success in the playoffs. And it will foil Dak as well if he never succeeds in playoffs.

As usual, your football acumen is lacking. Brady didn't start his rookie year. And in the year that he replaced Bledslow he was throwing for around 100 yards a game in the playoffs.

Not to mention, you missed the point completely. I am talking about Dak's rookie campaign.

And Mahomes is a complete stud regardless of if his team got knocked out or not. That is obvious just watching him play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I truly believed that was as good as it was going to get. Jerry showed no signs of giving in.

And if we were going to be stuck with puppets then Garrett was one I could get behind . Much more than Wade, Campo or Gailey type because of Jason’s Cowboy history.

Really doesn't matter what dumb reason you liked Garrett. You like him. End of story.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Grover was my favorite puppet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I truly believed that was as good as it was going to get. Jerry showed no signs of giving in.

And if we were going to be stuck with puppets then Garrett was one I could get behind . Much more than Wade, Campo or Gailey type because of Jason’s Cowboy history.

Yep, and you were dead wrong on all of it.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I'm just scared that is a couple of years, Jerry fires MM and puts Kellen Moore as interim .

It would be the 'garrett disaster' all over again .

And we all know how jerry likes to have his pets as HC .

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
LOL! The first time we have the chance to be a contender in over a decade and now you think they're a disaster? Fantastic!
This team has a chance to contend?
Not baiting, just really seriously wondering why you would think that.
This roster has more holes than a street in down town Beirut, and you think this roster is a contender?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Really doesn't matter what dumb reason you liked Garrett. You like him. End of story.
And I still like him , his family and connection to Cowboys Football. He’s a class individual and represented the Star well.

When you become as close and involved to a team and organization as many of us do integrity is important not just the success on the field.

Im proud to have been a supporter of Garrett despite not reaching our goals and frustrations under his tenure. But I believed his influence had some positive effects on our ownership and front office moving operations in a better direction.

As always the best measurement of Mgmt is are we in a better place than when you took over. I’d say we are from 2010.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know either. Could it be because of only mustering 10 or less points in 3 games including the offensive disaster against the Eagles for the Division title?... or merely beating just 1 team with a winning record not named the Eagles. This guy goes AWOL in big games and is clearly elevated in the minds of the infatuated and obsessed.. Mediocrity personified

Why hasn't Jerry caved in and broke the bank for Dakota already?.........please tell us
Then why were you acting like an obsessed scorned girlfriend about this subject long before that happened? All while ignoring facts and constantly shifting arguments to suit your feelings. (Can’t pass for 300–most wins other than Brady aren’t because of him etc...)

Do you think the bank won’t be broken? It will. There is no question. Answer me. Do you really think it won’t happen? Not what your emotions and heart want. What does your brain tell you?

I defended Romo as much or more than anyone. Let it go. He didn’t love you back. Move on.

Last edited:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
It's early, yes, but there are gaping questions everywhere on the roster. Too much to fix in one offseason.
Yes too much for one aeason , none here truly believe we are ready for Superbowl next year but don't worry it's a process :muttley: had to

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Oh, In a way how I hope it is a complete and utter disaster failure of a season. The whiny birds in here will lose their crap every week. Cut him! Fire Him! We should've this! We should've this. WE paid $$$$ for this guy, I wouldn't have spent that money on them!!!!! Blah blah blah..

Gonna be a great season either way.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Yes too much for one aeason , none here truly believe we are ready for Superbowl next year but don't worry it's a process :muttley: had to
They weren't Superbowl bound this past season either. And, haven't been. Save it. The head of the snake is still moving, even though some of the snake has been cut off.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are there 2 of you?
Sometimes you're sensible.

But sometimes whew..:huh:

CapnCook

Reaction score
I like how "Some teams are going to overpay for Byron Jones and Anthony Brown" is a case for a miserable outlook on the upcoming season. That was my favorite part.