Next season smells like a disaster

shabazz

Reaction score
Then why were you acting like an obsessed scorned girlfriend about this subject long before that happened? All while ignoring facts and constantly shifting arguments to suit your feelings. (Can’t pass for 300–most wins other than Brady aren’t because of him etc...)

Do you think the bank won’t be broken? It will. There is no question. Answer me. Do you really think it won’t happen? Not what your emotions and heart want. What does your brain tell you?

I defended Romo as much or more than anyone. Let it go. He didn’t love you back. Move on.

With all that ranting and insulting, You still haven't told us why he hasn't been signed yet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And I still like him , his family and connection to Cowboys Football. He’s a class individual and represented the Star well.

When you become as close and involved to a team and organization as many of us do integrity is important not just the success on the field.

Im proud to have been a supporter of Garrett despite not reaching our goals and frustrations under his tenure. But I believed his influence had some positive effects on our ownership and front office moving operations in a better direction.

As always the best measurement of Mgmt is are we in a better place than when you took over. I’d say we are from 2010.

Garrett was a joke and a waste of 14 years. As was your support and defense of him. You should be ashamed.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
There is no hope. We're all going to die. My wife his tappin' the pool boy. Everything is miserable and terrible. My team is going 0 and 16 and my dog is going to die.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
With all that ranting and insulting, You still haven't told us why he hasn't been signed yet.

Because they are negotiating. Each side is trying to get the best deal possible.

Now, answer my question. Do you think a deal will not get done? Do you think a deal will get done?

Is there a fantastic scenario where your heart believes a deal won’t get done? If so share please.

And I do apologize if I offended your delicate sensibilities with my harsh ranting. I can get carried away and sometimes forget who I’m dealing with.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The offense was the clear best portion of the team. There is a lot of continuity there. We are going to retain Prescott, Zeke, and the OL with the same OC. Run game might change but we were becoming more and more of a finesse blocking team under Garrett over time.

There is no reason to believe that the offense won't play at a high level again.

Special teams and defense ranged from mediocre to awful this past season. The defense of course could tank but they have a lot more room to improve. The ST has really no way to go but up.

willia451

Reaction score
Next season smells like a disaster

Maybe you haven't given the smell a long enough trial?

BENTsz5.gif

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
They weren't Superbowl bound this past season either. And, haven't been. Save it. The head of the snake is still moving, even though some of the snake has been cut off.
"Save it" Lol been like that for 25 years so....

Will have to see what the upcoming years provide, but guarantee anyone that cares we will not be in Superbowl next year with all the changes going on. Want to see fundamental progress though. I, and many I am sure, are not going into next year blindly with the expectation of greatness just to blame anything less on management.
Too many changes, good ones, but still too much for one year

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The Cowboys want a 7 year contract and his camp wants a 4 year deal. At least that is what we were told was the sticking point.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Part of the reason might have been that Jerry knew that JG was on thin ice, everyone knew that JG was probably clapped out in Dallas, so would it be a stretch to suggest that
there has been an intended pause in negotiations, because they wanted to maximize there efforts in bringing in the right HC and staff?
Not saying the MM wouldn't have come here if Dak was already signed, who knows....
Just saying that there are coaches when seeking employment, prefer to have options at critical positions/areas, so that they can really dig in and start to put there own
signature on their team,,,, yes this is MMs team now,,,,

Kwyn

Reaction score
Brand new coaches. Now's probably a good time to change course with this roster, too.

It's ugly around here right now.

Cooper looks like a bad signing waiting to happen. Some teams are going to overpay for Byron Jones and Anthony Brown. Zeke looks noticeably slower and aging fast. Jaylon's contract was a woeful mistake. Quinn is probably gone. LVE looks like he's not long for the football world. Byron and Zack have back issues, which seldom get better. Frederick is still recovering from something only Vulcan's can pronounce. Dak isn't worth more than $25 million per year, if that. Safety and defensive tackle are still gaping holes. Tight end remains a big question. We don't even have a reliable punter and kicker.

Now, enter Jerry's band of re-tread coaches. Now at 20 and counting. Are we going to hire a left guard coach next? Do any of them know magic?

Next year smells bad. Like 7-9 bad. Even worse, the roster looks to be regressing and aging rapidly. The window may have already closed on this bunch.

So what now? Scheme can't fix this as much as some want. It's highly unlikely that there's a bag of plays and coverages that will fix what we witnessed last year. This team needs players, different ones, and a lot of them.

Or, somehow this franchise needs to start stockpiling picks and devise a way to build the next contender. You have to be aggressive because these days, rebuilds are three-year projects, not five. Free agency won't allow anything longer.

Yet, the Cowboys keep trying to play the middle. Not aggressive in free agency, and not aggressive in rebuilding. Just treading water.

There is no easy answer here. The Cowboys are between the rock and the proverbial hard place. Do they suffer the PR hit of deconstruction, or do they press on and dump untold millions on the likes of Dak, Cooper, Jones, Quinn, and the very necessary other free agents to make this work? They should choose the former, though they'll likely choose the latter. Jerry's days are dwindling.

We just witnessed perhaps the ugliest season in Cowboys history. Subtract the Rams game, and what exactly happened? They lost the most winnable NFC East in history. They basically blew bunny layups all year long after a 3-0 start.

It ain't good.
Slow day, huh?

TWOK11

Reaction score
Never done this before, but I reported a post for the first time. OP’s CONSTANT barrage of “woe is us” negativity at every breath drawn by this organization has really become a distraction and detriment to this board.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Jason Garrett might beat you twice next year. Then what?

Imagine....he just went 6-0 against the Giants, so what if he goes 2-0 next year against the Cowboys?

If he turns Jones and Barkley and that offense into a high-scoring offense, this place will go nuts.

Stuff like this, it’s so obviously a bit at this point I don’t see why it should be allowed.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Brand new coaches. Now's probably a good time to change course with this roster, too.

It's ugly around here right now.

Cooper looks like a bad signing waiting to happen. Some teams are going to overpay for Byron Jones and Anthony Brown. Zeke looks noticeably slower and aging fast. Jaylon's contract was a woeful mistake. Quinn is probably gone. LVE looks like he's not long for the football world. Byron and Zack have back issues, which seldom get better. Frederick is still recovering from something only Vulcan's can pronounce. Dak isn't worth more than $25 million per year, if that. Safety and defensive tackle are still gaping holes. Tight end remains a big question. We don't even have a reliable punter and kicker.

Now, enter Jerry's band of re-tread coaches. Now at 20 and counting. Are we going to hire a left guard coach next? Do any of them know magic?

Next year smells bad. Like 7-9 bad. Even worse, the roster looks to be regressing and aging rapidly. The window may have already closed on this bunch.

So what now? Scheme can't fix this as much as some want. It's highly unlikely that there's a bag of plays and coverages that will fix what we witnessed last year. This team needs players, different ones, and a lot of them.

Or, somehow this franchise needs to start stockpiling picks and devise a way to build the next contender. You have to be aggressive because these days, rebuilds are three-year projects, not five. Free agency won't allow anything longer.

Yet, the Cowboys keep trying to play the middle. Not aggressive in free agency, and not aggressive in rebuilding. Just treading water.

There is no easy answer here. The Cowboys are between the rock and the proverbial hard place. Do they suffer the PR hit of deconstruction, or do they press on and dump untold millions on the likes of Dak, Cooper, Jones, Quinn, and the very necessary other free agents to make this work? They should choose the former, though they'll likely choose the latter. Jerry's days are dwindling.

We just witnessed perhaps the ugliest season in Cowboys history. Subtract the Rams game, and what exactly happened? They lost the most winnable NFC East in history. They basically blew bunny layups all year long after a 3-0 start.

It ain't good.
I was going to reply a long rebuttal and then saw the user who posted this and decided against it.

starfan1

Reaction score
Stuff like this, it’s so obviously a bit at this point I don’t see why it should be allowed.
Mods have lives also we should Act as if we are grown adults. Yes there are some that can’t help but piss on your Cheerios . Ignore feature works wonders . Some of the trolls are funny others are annoying

it’s the offseason we have probably till FA period to endure it