Next Tournament Idea Thread (Balloting Has Ended)

Chose 4 Movie Genres OR Movie Pair Ups OR Franchise Series (read post #111 before voting)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think it matters. I know I tried to list at least a couple from each category, but not 8 each.

Sigh, hang on.....

You mean I could have listed more than eight movies in a category? I thought it was capped at 8........if so, I need to change 7 westerns :lmao:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, everything has to be grammatically correct in our replies? I cut a few titles short.....
I just remember he said in the last competition that someone misspelled "Salma", so his program didn't count it along with the "Salma Hayek" votes.
I appreciate any help with movie titles but the fault Runwildboys talks about is my own. Just missed it and cannot blame it on my spreadsheet. Spelling will not be an issue this tournament (knock on wood).

Single movies should be easy to figure out on members' ballot lists. On the other hand, remakes may be a little harder concerning title accuracy. I have already asked @timb2 to confirm a title even though I am almost certain of the correct film.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I appreciate any help with movie titles but the fault Runwildboys talks about is my own. Just missed it and cannot blame it on my spreadsheet. Spelling will not be an issue this tournament (knock on wood).

Single movies should be easy to figure out on members' ballot lists. On the other hand, remakes may be a little harder concerning title accuracy. I have already asked @timb2 to confirm a title even though I am almost certain of the correct film.

Ok, can I redo my list since it appears that I can have more than eight movies in a genre?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do we list 8 from each category or does it matter?
Yes. Comedy, Horror/Science Fiction, Action/Adventure and Western. The order of all 32 movies you select should be your preference from best to worse regardless of genre.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The weird thing is that if you asked me to list Best Movies of All Time, most of the ones I'd have at the very top would not be in any of these categories.

The Godfather,
Shawshank Redemption
etc.

So...a bit tougher to rank Comedy vs Horror, for example,

Yeehaw

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The weird thing is that if you asked me to list Best Movies of All Time, most of the ones I'd have at the very top would not be in any of these categories.

The Godfather,
Shawshank Redemption
etc.

So...a bit tougher to rank Comedy vs Horror, for example,

Yeehaw
Guess it would have been better if Drama had make the cut during the poll. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes. Eight (3) each.

No one should worry if they did not submit eight per genre. I already foresaw that as a possibility and included the following in post #171:

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! The final tally may result in one or more genres having less than or greater than eight films in the top 32 nominations according to total points per film. In this scenario, each of the four regions will be filled as such:

Genre finishing with less than 8 films in the top 32 voted movies - one or more movies that accumulated the most points outside the top 32 voted movies will be added to the genre's bracket region.

Genre finishing with more than 8 films in the top 32 voted movies - one or more movies with the fewest points in a particular genre will be subtracted from the genre's bracket region.

The final bracket selections will be eight per genre regardless. The only foreseeable downside I see for members' list are any excess choices over 8 that will automatically be regulated to possible tie-breaker status.
Those notations are what led me to believe it doesn't matter whether there are 8 per. Plus, with the master list format, I assumed we were doing our favorite movies. If I were to add enough horror or westerns, movies I much prefer would be eliminated. But if you want me to try to figure out 8 westerns I like and 8 horror flicks I like......This is like trying to tell my guidance counselor what classes I wanted to take when I was a senior in high school. I only needed English to graduate, so I took English and five art classes. Lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PLEASE READ!

This is entirely my fault. Again. I assumed incorrectly. Again.

Ballot lists should include eight comedies, eight horror/science fiction, eight action/adventure and eight westerns films. The subtotals should be eight films per each of the four genres. The total number of films should be 32 on your one-time ballot list. How each member lists all eight movies from the four genres from 1 through 32 is their choice solely.

This is a one-time option only!

If you have already submitted a list and want to change it for ANY reason, reply to this message that you want to submit a new single list again. I will delete your original submitted list from the thread.

If you have not already submitted a list yet, please read both the second paragraph above and post #171 BEFORE posting your ballot list. Please.

Thanks.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those notations are what led me to believe it doesn't matter whether there are 8 per. Plus, with the master list format, I assumed we were doing our favorite movies. If I were to add enough horror or westerns, movies I much prefer would be eliminated. But if you want me to try to figure out 8 westerns I like and 8 horror flicks I like......This is like trying to tell my guidance counselor what classes I wanted to take when I was a senior in high school. I only needed English to graduate, so I took English and five art classes. Lol
Okay. :muttley:Please read both post #228 and the edited post #171. :)

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have confused things. Again. To help lessen any member's confusion reading the thread, I deleted my post that you quoted here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
PLEASE READ!

This is entirely my fault. Again. I assumed incorrectly. Again.

Ballot lists should include eight comedies, eight horror/science fiction, eight action/adventure and eight westerns films. The subtotals should be eight films per each of the four genres. The total number of films should be 32 on your one-time ballot list. How each member lists all eight movies from the four genres from 1 through 32 is their choice solely.

This is a one-time option only!

If you have already submitted a list and want to change it for ANY reason, reply to this message that you want to submit a new single list again. I will delete your original submitted list from the thread.

If you have not already submitted a list yet, please read both the second paragraph above and post #171 BEFORE posting your ballot list. Please.

Thanks.
Okay, delete my list. I'll redo when I get home.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I'll have to do that when I get home, since my phone doesn't show post #'s.
I thought I had the same problem for a long time. Maybe it will not work or you may have already done so but try changing your cell's screen orientation from portrait to landscape. The page numbers appeared for me afterwards. I will not admit how long it was before I thought to do it though. :oops::p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought I had the same problem for a long time. Maybe it will not work or you may have already done so but try changing your cell's screen orientation from portrait to landscape. The page numbers appeared for me afterwards. I will not admit how long it was before I thought to do it though. :oops::p
You're right. I turned it sideways and the post #'s show at the bottom. Weird. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.