Next Tournament Idea Thread (Balloting Has Ended)

Chose 4 Movie Genres OR Movie Pair Ups OR Franchise Series (read post #111 before voting)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I must admit liking the early majority vote for Horror/Science fiction as one of the four genres that will get picked (keeping fingers crossed).

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
This idea thread will spawn (I used that word intentionally just for you ;) ) a bracket tournament contest, which will allolw members to vote and decide the one film CowboysZone picks as the best movie. Did the 4 or 5 best movie threads do that also? Maybe those were rinse-and-repeat and the upcoming tournament is the spin cycle.
Okay, after we do brackets. Then we should do pie charts. How about a bell curve after that? :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've done the "favorite movie" in every genre already. There's even a "Westerns" thread as we speak....well, read.
There have been numerous duplicate threads created for the past sixteen years for many topics.

The bracket contest being constructed is for members to vote for the genre decided upon in this idea thread.

Did members discuss and vote on favorite movies in every genre already, including Westerns? Or have all of those previous threads simply discussed what movie and genres members have enjoyed the most?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed, I would rather see Beverly Hills Cop vs Lethal Weapon and Terminator vs Die Hard, etc :thumbup:
That is movie pair ups in the poll. It has zero votes so far. Top vote getter so far is Horror/Science Fiction with 7 votes. Movie pair ups must exceed that total (and possibly more) for it to be chosen for the bracket contest.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There have been numerous duplicate threads created for the past sixteen years for many topics.

The bracket contest being constructed is for members to vote for the genre decided upon in this idea thread.

Did members discuss and vote on favorite movies in every genre already, including Westerns? Or have all of those previous threads simply discussed what movie and genres members have enjoyed the most?
It's just been a free-for-all, but I think we got a pretty good idea of what people like. But hey, I'm just stating my point of view. If the vote goes that way, I won't cry about it.......or at least, you won't see me crying.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is movie pair ups in the poll. It has zero votes so far. Top vote getter so far is Horror/Science Fiction with 7 votes. Movie pair ups must exceed that total (and possibly more) for it to be chosen for the bracket contest.

If that is movie pair-ups then what the heck is franchises???? My example of LW and BHC are franchises......

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's just been a free-for-all, but I think we got a pretty good idea of what people like. But hey, I'm just stating my point of view. If the vote goes that way, I won't cry about it.......or at least, you won't see me crying.
Hey! HEY! There's no crying in baseball!!:mad::muttley:

These idea threads and bracket contest threads are a step up from members simply discussing certain topics and 'thinking' what the majority likes or dislikes. I thought it would be something a bit more original than the same-old, same-old.

However, the concept may come to an abrupt halt if the membership does not see anything unique about them. That is what has held my interest to this point. Well, maybe not. Members, who have been CowboysZone supporters, can create polls! So the practice might continue without me but a word of caution...

Everyone keep an eye on @timb2 . There could be a 128-field Asian model thread/bracket poll contest right around the corner... :omg:Just kidding timb2. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.