Next Week is for first place in the division

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Can’t be for first place as some here said the division was lost after Philly beat KC.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You're right in that it was a conference loss. The Eagles have a similar loss on their record by somehow losing to the Jets.
However, their loss to the Jets still leaves them in good position to take the NFC East. The Jets are still a better team than the AZ team we faced in week three. The only win they got with Joshua Dobbs was against us. Even the Giants beat them.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Once again, you are giving them wins for games they havent played yet. And they still have to go to Seattle who will probably be on a 5-game losing streak and desperate for a win
That is our biggest hope and the Ravens beat the 49ers, but all of that and the cowboys winning out with such a hard schedule very unlikely

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
However, their loss to the Jets still leaves them in good position to take the NFC East. The Jets are still a better team than the AZ team we faced in week three. The only win they got with Joshua Dobbs was against us. Even the Giants beat them.
I agree. But the Cowboys just need to focus on winning their games now because that's all they can control. Give Philly another loss next week, win out and hope the Eagles stumble once more. It could happen.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes true

Learn football
I think the key to take away from this is:

If the cowboys beat the eagles next week. Then anything can happen. Yes Cowboys would need the eagles to lose one more game than the cowboys the remainder of the year, but there would be 4 games left. Eagles would have to play the Seahawks and giants twice.

Anything could happen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. But the Cowboys just need to focus on winning their games now because that's all they can control. Give Philly another loss next week, win out and hope the Eagles stumble once more. It could happen.
Yeah, there’s nothing we can do about what happened in week three. Philly appeared to be leaking some oil entering this game tonight. If we can beat them that could cause them to stumble the final month of the season. Once the tide starts turning against you it can be hard to stop it.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I think the key to take away from this is:

If the cowboys beat the eagles next week. Then anything can happen. Yes Cowboys would need the eagles to lose one more game than the cowboys the remainder of the year, but there would be 4 games left. Eagles would have to play the Seahawks and giants twice.

Anything could happen.
Zona looked live today too. Ran the Steelers out of their building

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually he’s right, you’d be 4-1 in the division and Philly would be 3-1 because we have multiple division games left
Yea we’d be temporarily in first but Egirls only because we have played more divisional games but they still hold tiebreaker given they win rest of divisional games.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yea we’d be temporarily in first but Egirls only because we have played more divisional games but they still hood tiebreaker given they win rest if divisional games.
That’s not correct. It’d be the conference record that would be the tiebreaker in that scenario

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m thinking if we get 5th seed , we’d rather Phi have top seed than SF.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s not correct. It’d be the conference record that would be the tiebreaker in that scenario
Divisional record comes first. Which assuming they beat NY twice theyd be tied with us then it would go to conference record which they own.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My hunch is SF will win out. And end up with 1st seed.

Then after we beat the South as 5th seed we have to go to SF in Divisional round.

And why it might serve us better for Egirls to get 1st seed. Assuming of course we don’t win division.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess we must first root to beat Egirls and retain hope for division .

But if we lose which would pretty well wrap up division for them it might serve our interest more for Phil to get top seed over SF.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Divisional record comes first. Which assuming they beat NY twice theyd be tied with us then it would go to conference record which they own.
It goes to common games before conference records. Which is why Philly needs to lose in Seattle to avoid going to conference record.