Next year Dallas, Seattle, and GB fighting for the NFC again

Stryker44

Reaction score
Don't forget the Arizona Cardinals with a healthy Palmer.

The most dominant team in the NFL until he was injured.

Stryker44

Reaction score
GB had a win percentage of 99% with 4:00 left in the fourth. Truly is an all time choke job

Did GB choke or did Seattle just start showing why they are undisputedly one of the best dynasties to play the game?

windjc

Reaction score
Did GB choke or did Seattle just start showing why they are undisputedly one of the best dynasties to play the game?

Dont strain your throat while youre down there. :)

Please. 1 championship does not make a dynasty.

I believe GB failed to catch an onsides kick. YES THEY CHOKED.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Don't forget the Arizona Cardinals with a healthy Palmer.

The most dominant team in the NFL until he was injured.

True, but I think they were dealt a severe blow when they lost Bowles, they were winning with defense.

They might have LeBeau advising the replacement, but I can see them taking a step back.

Stryker44

Reaction score
True, but I think they were dealt a severe blow when they lost Bowles, they were winning with defense.

They might have LeBeau advising the replacement, but I can see them taking a step back.

Good point - I remember Bowles making some wicked halftime adjustments when the Commanders played them and he got the best of Jay Gruden in the second half bigtime.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The NFC has been much harder to predict for over a decade now. Brady, Manning, and Roethlisberger have accounted for 12 of the past 14 AFC champs.

As for what I see... I think NYG will be our biggest competition in the division next year. I like GB again in the North and either the Saints or Falcons in the South. If Rex Ryan can fix that defense, they'll be a real contender.

Seattle finally has to pay Wilson so they may take a step back next year, although I still think they'll win that division.

Rex ryan is in buffalo

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
50% of the playoff teams change year to year. I would agree that 3 teams mentioned look set for future short term success. But Dallas come out of nowhere in 2014, so too did Detroit. 5 of 12 playoff teams in 2014 were different than 2013.

Any more, there are 2-3 no doubt elite teams, 2-3 awful teams, and about 25 teams that are really close and the season hinges on a few things that are the difference between 7 wins and 10 wins.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Do now know about any other team but I do think Dallas will be in the mix next season for a run at the SB.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Do now know about any other team but I do think Dallas will be in the mix next season for a run at the SB.

Hard to judge Dallas's relative ranking in the NFC unless you at least some sort of analysis of the other teams.

If Romo plays 14+ games, I assume the Cowboys will be the playoffs as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hard to judge Dallas's relative ranking in the NFC unless you at least some sort of analysis of the other teams.

If Romo plays 14+ games, I assume the Cowboys will be the playoffs as well.

Hard to judge anyone until the draft and training camps roll around. However the fact Dallas is one of the youngest teams and a focus on upgrading defense should take place along with the fact another year under Marinelli defensive system and a 2nd under Linehan I expect Dallas to compete at a higher level than this past season. Health can effect any of the teams out there I just think the way the Cowboys are being built we are in very good shape to make a run next season

Plankton

Reaction score

They also have a big decision to make on Larry Fitzgerald.

Defensively, Cromartie is a free agent that they have to make a decision on. They also have a number of guys slated to come back from injury/suspension (Palmer, Dockett, Washington, Ellington), and have to get another edge pass rusher. Not a sure thing at all with this team.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If the Lions can re-sign Suh and if they draft Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley, watch out. Caldwell isn't the buffon Swartz was. He has a calming presence. I'd be very scared of Detroit next year.

If the Cardinals trade for a competent quarterback (Carson Palmer is shot even if he does come back) and they get their injured defensive linemen back, watch out.

The Cowboys will be dangerous with Romo and Dez alone, but with a young and powerful offensive line, they should pick right back up where they left off. Improving the pass rush is the key, though.

I, personally, expect the Seahawks to take a step back. They will be ravaged after the Super Bowl as Dan Quinn is about to depart from their staff. Furthermore, it is EXTREMELY difficult to get to a third consecutive Super Bowl. And Seattle still has very average receivers. The blueprint is there how to beat them, and I expect teams to take better advantage of that blueprint. Plus, they're in a very strong division. Watch out for the Rams if Bradford can play a complete season. That teams is loaded and lacks only experience.

Cam Newton is simply too immature to lead the Panthers deep into the playoffs. He may need a few more years of maturity and growth.

New Orleans is going down hill fast. I'm just not impressed with Brees or that offense any more.

I'm just not convinced the Eagles are going to be able to beat a power team, especially not in the playoffs. I think we have the Eagles' number.

The Giants still have to fix their offensive line. But their receivers are scary.

Atlanta needs a running game in the worst way to relieve a bad defense. I think they'll fix the defense, draft Gordon or Gurley and commit to an offense that will get them back into the playoffs.

If I had to make a guess today, I'd say Dallas, Green Bay, Detroit, Arizona, Seattle and Atlanta and, if there's a seventh team, I say a toss up between NY Giants and ... St. Louis Rams.