CFZ Next year instead of being 3rd best team in the NFC, we'll be the best

Brooksey

Reaction score
Wilson, LVE, Gilmore not a bad start but we still need one big signing for the D-line and WR

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
We have 4 Pro Bowlers on defense.

Our offense still a concern against teams like the 49ers despite being great against most other teams, including 3 of the NFC teams that made the playoffs: Eagles, Vikings, Giants..... and Tampa, if you wanna add them.

But I think next year with the addition of Gilmore, and possibly a few more players, we'll overtake the 49ers. As for the Eagles, you can argue that we could've already beat them in the playoffs if the game actually happened. 40-34.... . Eagles defense exposed against good QBs like they have all year: Rodgers, Dak, Goff, Mahomes, and Heinicke (the lone bad quarterback among that 5) killed them despite their power against everyone else, so we know what their main Achilles was.

I can't see Green Bay elevating next year with no Rodgers. Who else could possibly elevate? Maybe Seattle since that Wilson deal is about to show their advantage next year, but I don't think they'll be as talented as us.

Time to bring home the Super Bowl. Maybe we still won't be better than the Chiefs or the teams from the AFC, but let's just GET THERE first.
Posts like this are the reason Jerry refuses to loosen his grip. All he needs to do is make one small move, a move that really didn't do much of anything to improve the defense, and some fans immediately start proclaiming '3rd best in the NFC' or 'super bowl bound'.

There's a reason why Gilmore is now heading to his 5th team.....

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
tbf when we beat the eagles Hurts wasnt playing, but at the same time, when he was starting i thought we did pretty well against them minus Coopers 4 ints helping them.
I always thought Brown was better than the hate he got here, but with Gilmore now opposite of Diggs, thats gonna be fun to watch. With our safeties & Diggs-Gilmore-Lewis our secondary is gonna be a huge strength, and it feels super weird to say that finally.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Our offence is not quite there. Add to tha is the team is led by a mouth breather who morphs into a choker.
I’m still puzzled why some of our fans actually think Dak Prescott is “stupid.”
Based on his speech, his leadership, the way his teammates love and follow him going all the way back to Dez, and the way he has conducted his business and QB’d the offense since his rookie year, calling him “stupid” seems really…..stupid, verging on prejudiced.

I get why fans may complain about interceptions this past season or inaccuracy or lack of mobility, etc. But calling him “stupid” is either an ignorant misuse of the ”mouth breather” description, or it truly borders on a hateful attitude that goes way beyond football. I’m just curious.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I honestly have to see what we do at DT first. that has been such a consistent thorn in our hide for so long and we refuse to commit enough resources to it. Hankins was good, but we need him and another just like him. I think the offense will be ok as long as we don't rely on a james washington type of player

Jarntt

Reaction score

Our offense still a concern against teams like the 49ers despite being great against most other teams, including 3 of the NFC teams that made the playoffs: Eagles, Vikings, Giants..... and Tampa, if you wanna add them.

But I think next year with the addition of Gilmore, and possibly a few more players, we'll overtake the 49ers. As for the Eagles, you can argue that we could've already beat them in the playoffs if the game actually happened. 40-34.... . Eagles defense exposed against good QBs like they have all year: Rodgers, Dak, Goff, Mahomes, and Heinicke (the lone bad quarterback among that 5) killed them despite their power against everyone else, so we know what their main Achilles was.

I can't see Green Bay elevating next year with no Rodgers. Who else could possibly elevate? Maybe Seattle since that Wilson deal is about to show their advantage next year, but I don't think they'll be as talented as us.

Time to bring home the Super Bowl. Maybe we still won't be better than the Chiefs or the teams from the AFC, but let's just GET THERE first.
We do love our Pro Bowls.

I don't see any way a person can make a case that we are better than the 49ers. I think we are still #2 in the division, but I guess with the Eagles loss of players you can at least make an argument on that one. I love the trade for Gilmore but nothing has changed yet that makes me expect than we have seen recently.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I don't recall us being in 3rd place in the nfce last year or am I just misreading the post?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That sounds like a plan baby but in the meantime what are you going to do with dufus?
dam-dak.gif

We're going to need to keep the opposing offense to under 10 points to have a shot at a Superbowl run.
Just saying......
P.S. Someone get him a towel....jeez

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup.

It don't matter how good the defense is when Dak is throwing INTs and not moving the chains.

Oh, I forgot, MM is calling the the plays now so everything is going to be magically different.
Yeah, MM has never been successful when his OL can't hold every play.
See his last 2 years in GB :facepalm:
Funny, they taught Smith how to do the hug technique and his last holding penalty they replayed and there it was! .
The new OL coach isn't a zone guy which should serve Pollard better but they better not sit Dak in the pocket.

Flamma

Reaction score

Lets see what happens in FA and the draft. If Jerry doesn't try to compete, it isn't going to happen. He's going to have to actively compete against the Eagles. Lets see if he does this.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Well, there is still work to be done. Sign Will Hernandez at OG, resign Fowler, resign Hankins, sign the DT Greg Gaines, trade our 1st, 4th and 3rd in 2024 to Atlanta for Kyle Pitts and their 3rd in 2023, then trade that 3rd to Denver for Jerry Jeudy WR.

Draft Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama in 2nd, Steve Avila OG TCU in 3rd, then CB, DE, QB, WR, LB with the final picks.

SUPER BOWL
Jerry Jeudy wants to play with his Bama boys in Philly.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

The D stands to improve and be a core strength of our team again.

Offense though? Lots of question marks. Too many holes to count on a bunch of rookies to fix, not to mention a renovated offensive system for Dak to learn and adjust to.

IMO— we need to add some offensive weapons in FA to add speed and RAC to the offense— especially if MM is installing some West Coast wrinkles.

Hard to see Dak improving much at this point in his career— so surrounding him with playmakers at RB and TE, and building the offense around a power running game is our best, and only, hope

FTWayne

Reaction score
and dak will start dating you, AC, Ken and the guy in a horse suit.