NFC Championship Game Thread

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I see your point... But, when the Super Bowl was in Dallas, I sure hoped we would get there. I think that is something that is like the
ultimate icing on the cake for a team to have that happen.
There should be no exception for the Cowboys. The SB should always be played on a neutral field.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Tampa playing a super bowl at home is unfair is a moron who doesn’t understand anything about the nfl.

I mean you do understand they do not sell tickets to bucs fans and that is an nfl event and not a Tampa home game right?

Indeed, and as I explained about the comparison between the SB and the WC Final. The host city or country should not be punished because their team happens to host the SB. Otherwise, nobody would bid to host the SB. Part of the fun is the chance to happen to play in your home stadium for the SB. Just as the World Cup location is chosen many years in advance, so is the Super Bowl. If the goal is to not have a team play in their home stadium, then pick a stadium in a place that has no NFL team. At that point, there's no point in moving the bloody SB stadium around. Just put it in San Diego, Honolulu, or Orlando every year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I disagree, and I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree here. If a team manages to make it through the jugular to host the Final, then well done to them. They shouldn't be punished by having the SB host location taken from them. Otherwise, what's the point of moving stadiums every year? Just stick it in a stadium that has no NFL team and play it there every year.
Agree to disagree. I'm okay with that.

Motorola

Reaction score
Sure looks like more than 8,500 in attendance.
We all know it is... they just stopped counting when the turnstiles clicked at 8500.
Some college teams were just as bad. Georgia Bulldogs had a home game where they announced the attendance at 22,000 - viewing the shots of stadium - a 4th grader would have told you the crowd was double that count.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Imagine the audacity King has. To talk smack after a drop. Given what happened in the first half.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's not a normal year. The teams aren't even showing up until the day before the game. It would be easy to move.

It's never easy to move a major event like the Super Bowl. You're not just considering the logistics of the teams, the stadium crews and the NFL (which all hire extra help to accommodate an event), you have to consider the cities that invest major dollars in a Super Bowl from municipal and county governments, hotels, transportation, restaurants, etc.
And then to move it just because you don't want the "home team" to have an advantage?

It's not going to be for that reason.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I believe they allocate the same amount of tickets to each fan base anyway so not sure why he’s getting his panties all tied up in a wad over it.

I dunno either. I get being a traditionalist and wanting things to stay the same through the years, but you can't control who makes it to the SB. As I said, if you're worried about that, then what's the bloody point in moving the stadium about? Someone's bound at some point to host a SB and have their own team in it. If you're that much of a traditionalist, then there are loads of stadiums that the NFL has used that are still active that they can just plop it into every year and not bother to move it.