NFC Championship Game Thread

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
1992? Holy cow, I have clothing older than you. :oldcouple:

Haha, that's hilarious. Fun fact, up until 2019, the car I drove was older than me. In fact, that car was the car that my parents drove me home from the hospital in after I was born.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have an axe to grind if you're rooting for the Packers.

I’m not rooting for anyone just hoping for an exciting game. I know most Cowboys fans hate the Packers because of the forks Aaron Rodgers has stuck in us.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Tampa seems way more physical. Not sure how that will hold up for 4 quarters but this is like when the 9-7 giants went to Lambeau and beat the 15-1 packers led by Rodgers because they were more physical

triplets_93

Reaction score
My first memories of the Cowboys (mind you, I was born in 1992) were 3 straight 5-11 seasons. Nice way to start a fanhood haha. I guess that's how I'm able to stomach the poor play that the Cowboys have had lately. I haven't really known anything beyond the division round. I've seen videos and highlights and such from when we were good, but I've never actually experienced it.
My memories go back to the Cowboys losing to the Packers in the Ice Bowl.
I really don't care who loses this game.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
My first memories of the Cowboys (mind you, I was born in 1992) were 3 straight 5-11 seasons. Nice way to start a fanhood haha.

Pretty much same here. I was born five years earlier than you but because I grew up abroad, I missed out on the entire 1990s dynasty. The first Cowboys season I got to follow was the 1999 season, where Dallas went 8-8 and Gailey got fired. Then it was the three straight 5-11 years you mentioned. Never saw Dallas win a playoff game until nearly a decade later when they finally beat Philadelphia at home.