News: NFC East 2021: Eagles the Only Week 1 Winners

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lurie even gave Sirianni the game ball.
Enjoy the moment Sirianni. Only a matter of time before the Love will turn into hate by them generous Philly fans.

Next Up....:muttley:
San Francisco
Dallas
Kansas City
Carolina
Tampa
Raiders

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every team is in play for the NFC Least title.......

ShortRound

Reaction score
We need that win in week 2.

Week 2 NFCE
NY 0-1 @ WASH 0-1
SF 1-0 @ PHI 1-0
DAL 0-1 @ LAC 1-0

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lurie even gave Sirianni the game ball.
Enjoy the moment Sirianni. Only a matter of time before the Love will turn into hate by them generous Philly fans.

Next Up....:muttley:
San Francisco
Dallas
Kansas City
Carolina
Tampa
Raiders
LOL, he gave Pederson a raise and then fired him so he would be losing a better job.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
25 years of the cowboys sucking

25 years of the eagles being one of the better teams in the league.

Ya know sometimes when I look back to my near death experience a couple decades ago. I wonder. “Did I actually die? Am I in hell?”

Not exactly sure the Eagles have been one of the better teams in the league for 25 years. They've really only had a few moments.

Overall, the Eagles have done better than us in the 2000s, and I hate that they won a Super Bowl, but I wouldn't count them as one of the better teams in the league other than about five times in the last 25 years.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The same people hating on the Eagles for destroying a bad team are the same people that are praising the Cowboys for not getting destroyed by the Bucs and hail it as a "moral victory".

Ya'll need to give credit where it's due. Yeah, the Falcons are a bad team and Matt Ryan looks completely washed, but Hurts looked great and the Eagles did their jobs.

You ready to step out on a limb and say Hurts will look the same against the niners?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You ready to step out on a limb and say Hurts will look the same against the niners?
No, but that doesn't change what he did Week 1.

Maybe he turned a corner and is great now. We don't know that. It was Week 1 and that's all we have to go on.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Philly defense played very good. Having offensive success vs Alt not a shocker but to shut down the offense as Philly did is very encouraging from their stand point.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No, but that doesn't change what he did Week 1.

Maybe he turned a corner and is great now. We don't know that. It was Week 1 and that's all we have to go on.

I think thats what most are saying, they looked good against the Falcons..lets see what they look like moving forward.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Against the 29th rated defense is not exactly a ringing endorsement.....I wouldn't crown them just yet.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Only 1 week. We played well against the SB champs and the great brady. Missed FG left enough points on the field to win. I wasn’t expecting Dak to play as well as he did. Another week of practice and let’s load it up again and leave it all out there. We played with great effort.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak gets destroyed for beating up on bad teams. Yet Hurts gets praised.
There are haters that just simply don’t like Dak being the QB. He could help win a SB and will be called the bus driver. No matter how well he plays.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The injury to Fitz changes some things for me. I had them as the 2nd best in the East but if he is going to miss a lot of time, I think they move to 4th, that D is legit but the O will not be very good, it was barely going to be average with Fitz on a good day. The Eagles looked better than I thought they would, even against ATL, so either the Eagles are better than I thought or ATL is worse than I thought, probably a little bit of both. The Gnats.. hard to get a read on them, Denver is pretty bad or will be pretty bad, the Gnats should have won that game.. this is our division if we will just go out and win it... none of these other teams should be in our class.. let's see if the players and coaches can play to their abilities and not to the level of competition as they have been doing for the last several years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It was pretty easy to see that the eagles had the best chance to win week one.

mid the giants don’t beat Washington Thursday they basically could be looking at another long year and the flip side is if Washington loses they could be in for a long year.

What is also true is that weeks 1-3 usually never mean much of anything going forward.
Historically, odds are very low (12%) for teams to make the playoffs if they start off 0-2. It's pretty amazing, really.
But that was with 16 games, so it might be slightly less of an issue.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not exactly sure the Eagles have been one of the better teams in the league for 25 years. They've really only had a few moments.

Overall, the Eagles have done better than us in the 2000s, and I hate that they won a Super Bowl, but I wouldn't count them as one of the better teams in the league other than about five times in the last 25 years.

We are have the 6th fewest losses since 2000, winning 58% of our games, 1 spot ahead of the Saints.

We are 6th in playoff wins since 2000, at 14

We are second to only the Patriots in Conference Championship game appearances at 6

And fifth in SB appearances at 2

Because of the Patriots, only 5 teams have won more SBs in that span

One of the reasons last year was such a shocker is because Philadelphia is a regular divisional contender. Only 3 teams in the whole league have more playoff appearances than us in that span.

Won More than Seattle, more than Chargers, Saints, Cowboys, Chiefs you name it

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score

Nah. Look at their record over the last 25 years.

super bowl win.
Another Super Bowl appearance.
How many NFC title games have they been to?

They legit have one of the most successful teams in the league in the last 25 years.

it pains me to say it because I freaking hate the eagles. But it’s true.

Only maybe like 4-5 teams have had more success in the last 25 years.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Historically, odds are very low (12%) for teams to make the playoffs if they start off 0-2. It's pretty amazing, really.
But that was with 16 games, so it might be slightly less of an issue.

yea extra game, extra wild card team also. Hard to see a wild card team coming from the east but I guess that 7th one could.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
yea extra game, extra wild card team also. Hard to see a wild card team coming from the east but I guess that 7th one could.

Also WFT started 2-7 and won the East last year, and yet again only 1 team won week 1. it’s a unique circumstance of a division