Twitter: NFC East Clinch Scenarios

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
For all intents and purposes the East has been won. Time to focus on getting a top 3 seed because 4-5 is going to be a tough matchup and home field won’t matter too much.

Cydios

Reaction score
Jenna and her friend, Khalil, are having a contest to see who can save the most money. Jenna has already saved $110 and every week she saves an additional $20. Khalil has already saved $80 and every week he saves an additional $25. Let x represent the number of weeks and y represent the total amount of money saved. Determine in how many weeks Jenna and Khalil will have the same amount of money.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I can’t see the Giants team seen on Sunday beating Philly on the road this next Sunday . The Eagles have to win out to make the playoffs don’t think 9-8 gets it done . I really don’t see a Wildcard team in this division .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I can’t see the Giants team seen on Sunday beating Philly on the road this next Sunday . The Eagles have to win out to make the playoffs don’t think 9-8 gets it done . I really don’t see a Wildcard team in this division .
You don't think Philly can beat Dallas in week 18? I think they can and they'll get no better competition than they will that day.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yep, maybe the NFL has figured him out.

We'll be pressuring him like never before. We've got the pass rush in place to get it done. :)

I think our improved run defense should also contain him when he's inclined to run on us. o_O

Last edited:

RonWashington

Reaction score
You don't think Philly can beat Dallas in week 18? I think they can and they'll get no better competition than they will that day.

If Philly beats both the Giants and the WFT I hope the Cowboys go full starter mode and try and prevent the Eagles from getting in. For the league for the fans MM and the Pokes need to battle . A better scenario for Dallas obviously is Philly to lose a game in Wash and the game be meaningless bring in Cooper Rush from the bullpen with the 2nd team

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Philly beats both the Giants and the WFT I hope the Cowboys go full starter mode and try and prevent the Eagles from getting in. For the league for the fans MM and the Pokes need to battle . A better scenario for Dallas obviously is Philly to lose a game in Wash and the game be meaningless bring in Cooper Rush from the bullpen with the 2nd team
The Cowboys are trying to win out so they get the 1 seed if the Packers stumble. I'm pretty sure the week 18 game against Philly, both teams will be playing for something. So I don't see that game becoming "meaningless" to the Cowboys.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jenna and her friend, Khalil, are having a contest to see who can save the most money. Jenna has already saved $110 and every week she saves an additional $20. Khalil has already saved $80 and every week he saves an additional $25. Let x represent the number of weeks and y represent the total amount of money saved. Determine in how many weeks Jenna and Khalil will have the same amount of money.
Jenna is $30 ahead of Khalil, but Khalil saves $5 more each week. In six weeks Khalil will have saved the same amount as Jenna.

Jipper

Reaction score
Funny...I've never felt so many so worried about surrendering a 3 game lead with 3 games to go.

I guess it just comes with the territory of being a cowboys fan

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Funny...I've never felt so many so worried about surrendering a 3 game lead with 3 games to go.

I guess it just comes with the territory of being a cowboys fan

For me not worried about surrendering the lead, my interest is seeing the Cowboys hit post season playing their best ball offense and defense. Talent wise this team is very capable but as we see every year, the team who is playing their best ball late in the season tends to be the teams who make it, regardless of seeding

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
For me not worried about surrendering the lead, my interest is seeing the Cowboys hit post season playing their best ball offense and defense. Talent wise this team is very capable but as we see every year, the team who is playing their best ball late in the season tends to be the teams who make it, regardless of seeding
But all things being equal, seeding matters. Dismissing it as you just did is not wise.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
But all things being equal, seeding matters. Dismissing it as you just did is not wise.

everyone wants to get good seeding, never said that. I will say and stand by the fact there are too many examples where lower seeded team who hit post season playing their best ball have gone on to win the SB. Looking at past SB contest it is seldom the #1 seed in the NFC and AFC who go to the SB. Like you I would love nothing more than to have the #1 or #2 seed in post season but I also know to have the best chance a team must be playing at their best if they expect to make it.