Twitter: NFC East Clinch Scenarios

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
everyone wants to get good seeding, never said that. I will say and stand by the fact there are too many examples where lower seeded team who hit post season playing their best ball have gone on to win the SB. Looking at past SB contest it is seldom the #1 seed in the NFC and AFC who go to the SB. Like you I would love nothing more than to have the #1 or #2 seed in post season but I also know to have the best chance a team must be playing at their best if they expect to make it.
We all remember the 1 seed Cowboys being knocked off by a wild card Giants team that went on to win the Super Bowl. It can happen. Lesson learned. The moral of that story is don't get too comfortable with your high seed in the playoffs because the slate is clean and it's win or go home.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We all remember the 1 seed Cowboys being knocked off by a wild card Giants team that went on to win the Super Bowl. It can happen. Lesson learned. The moral of that story is don't get too comfortable with your high seed in the playoffs because the slat is clean and it's win or go home.

I'm not talking just Cowboys. Tampa did not even win their division last season. Philly when they won the SB was not a top seeded team. Moral of the story is these teams caught fire in post season and they won it all. Seeding gives you home field and top seed gives you a bye which I agree is big since you play 1 less game but way too many example out there of lower seeded team making it to the SB and winning it all.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not talking just Cowboys. Tampa did not even win their division last season. Philly when they won the SB was not a top seeded team. Moral of the story is these teams caught fire in post season and they won it all. Seeding gives you home field and top seed gives you a bye which I agree is big since you play 1 less game but way too many example out there of lower seeded team making it to the SB and winning it all.
But this is CZ so I mentioned the example that pertains to the Cowboys. If you want to play league historian then god bless you. LOL :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
But this is CZ so I mentioned the example that pertains to the Cowboys. If you want to play league historian then god bless you. LOL :rolleyes:

LOL yes I know this is CZ but does not change a damn thing that I said. I want the best seeding we can get but ultimately this comes down to playing your best ball come post season and home field will not save you if you are playing less than great football. These other team do not have issues of playing on the road and all very capable of getting hot. I agree a WC team in NY got hot and went into Dallas and won, then GB and won and then took down the Pats for the SB but other teams have done so as well.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL yes I know this is CZ but does not change a damn thing that I said. I want the best seeding we can get but ultimately this comes down to playing your best ball come post season and home field will not save you if you are playing less than great football. These other team do not have issues of playing on the road and all very capable of getting hot. I agree a WC team in NY got hot and went into Dallas and won, then GB and won and then took down the Pats for the SB but other teams have done so as well.
Thank you self appointed league historian for continuing to repeat what we all already know. You'll be invaluable if everyone else suddenly gets amnesia and can't find an NFL history book to read. Really, just great work there. You seem to be needing a pat on the back or something so there you go. You the man! :clap:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Thank you self appointed league historian for continuing to repeat what we all already know. You'll be invaluable if everyone else suddenly gets amnesia and can't find an NFL history book to read. Really, just great work there. You seem to be needing a pat on the back or something so there you go. You the man! :clap:

Not in need of anything, You want to act as if seeding is the be all to end all be my guest. All I pointed to was the fact that seeding does not mean a damn thing if you are not playing quality football. Not hard to figure out since it has been proven over and over.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Cowboys clinch playoffs if 49ers lose Thursday night.

Put this back on a separate thread. It is a different point. Morons!!!

Creeper

Reaction score

I believe this is wrong. First, How does Jacksonville factor into the equation? They are an AFC team and neither the Cowboys or Eagles have played them?

I went through the scenarios and if Dallas loses out and Philly wins out they Cowboys need the Chargers, Patriots, Minnesota and Giants to win 3 games or the Lions, Jets, Denver or WFT to lose 3 games. Or any combination of wins from the first group and loses from the second group. This relates to the strength of victory tie breaker which is the records of the teams beaten by each of the team in a tie.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not in need of anything, You want to act as if seeding is the be all to end all be my guest. All I pointed to was the fact that seeding does not mean a damn thing if you are not playing quality football. Not hard to figure out since it has been proven over and over.
So you want to pretend I didn't already concede that point by bringing up the example of the wild card Giants beating the 1 seed Cowboys. And you continue to beat a dead horse. You have thoroughly made your point. Attaboy! ;)

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Just to clarify- the Cowboys win the East no matter what so long as two of those teams on the list win?

So the division could belong to Dallas before kickoff Sunday night? Because that's how I understand this.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I believe this is wrong. First, How does Jacksonville factor into the equation? They are an AFC team and neither the Cowboys or Eagles have played them?

I went through the scenarios and if Dallas loses out and Philly wins out they Cowboys need the Chargers, Patriots, Minnesota and Giants to win 3 games or the Lions, Jets, Denver or WFT to lose 3 games. Or any combination of wins from the first group and loses from the second group. This relates to the strength of victory tie breaker which is the records of the teams beaten by each of the team in a tie.

Jacksonville plays the Jets, whom the Eagles beat. If the Jaguars also beat the Jets, it weakens the Eagles' strength of schedule margin against the Cowboys.

Carson

Reaction score
Las Vegas play Denver (No Bridgewater, 3:25 kickoff)
Jacksonville play New York Jets (Noon kickoff)
New England play Buffalo (Noon kickoff)
Atlanta plays Detroit (Noon kickoff)
Minnesota plays LA Rams (Noon kickoff)
LA Chargers play Houston (Noon kickoff)

… if all we need is two wins, I see us winning the East before we kickoff

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Does anyone know if "common opponents" includes teams from the same division?

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We haven’t looked great either offensively.
I read somewhere that we were doing that on purpose. The idea is to make just enough plays to win the game, but keep our real offensive prowess secret until the Playoffs start.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Las Vegas play Denver (No Bridgewater, 3:25 kickoff)
Jacksonville play New York Jets (Noon kickoff)
New England play Buffalo (Noon kickoff)
Atlanta plays Detroit (Noon kickoff)
Minnesota plays LA Rams (Noon kickoff)
LA Chargers play Houston (Noon kickoff)

… if all we need is two wins, I see us winning the East before we kickoff

Also remember the Eagles managed to lose to the Giants the last time. Having said that I am confident any two of the Chargers, Patriots, and Falcons will win. And so can the Jaguars depending on which team wants to tank more.