NFC-East is Going to be a Beast

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I wouldn't consider Garcia that much of an improvement over what they had last year. Garcia looked completely finished in Detroit (Cleveland too) and hasn't been the same since he played with Owens. If McNabb goes down again, the Eagles go down.

I don't deny he was effective when healthy. I just think that was his last hurrah though. Just like I don't expect a repeat of Bledsoe's first half performance this year either. Veteran QBs sometimes have revivals in new places as they sometimes play over their heads (and teams underestimate them) but eventually age and opponent gameplanning do catch up.

You would know the answer better than I would. I would guess no, not for either Collins or Campbell. Parcells didn't do it for Testeverde, and I doubt Gibbs would either.

Again, not sure. What I saw of Ramsey wasn't that bad, but he just mentally didn't seem to have it together.

Who do you see as the greater threat between Eli and McNabb for this season?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Who do you see as the greater threat between Eli and McNabb for this season?

A healthy McNabb is better than Eli hands down. I don't get the lovefest the media has for him. Until he can consistently complete over half his passes, Eli still has some growing up to do.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Alexander said:
A healthy McNabb is better than Eli hands down. I don't get the lovefest the media has for him. Until he can consistently complete over half his passes, Eli still has some growing up to do.

I'd also hope that I can achieve a level of confidence that McNabb will not throw the pick when he gets pressured this year. I do know that Andy Reid has built up a decent wall of protection for him.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Offensive Line

1 Eagles
2. Washington
3. Giants
4. DAllas

Pass Rush

1 Eagles
2. Washington
3. Giants
4. Dallas

That make you happy?

You don't want to know what would make me happy!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
I got bashed on Extremeskins for saying this, but I believe that with the way the rest of the team was playing, we would have had a better shot at beating Seattle in the playoffs with a healthy Ramsey vs an injured Brunell.

There's a simple formula to keep from getting bashed on ExtremeSkins:

If there are two players and one plays for Washington currently and the other does not... Say the current Washington player is better. That's it! That's all there is to it!

For example: If asked who is the better linebacker, Robert McCune or Lavar Arrington... the immediate answer should be, "McCune, of course!" It always helps to go over the weaknesses of who the Commanders cut and in McCune's case, posting a picture that shows parts of his naked body is always appreciated.

For extra "Art" credits, you might want to put "Dallas Sux" in your sig line somewhere too.

Now you're all set to fit right in at ES and never get bashed by the locals.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
O-Line:
1. Philly
2. Washington
3. NY
4. Dallas

(Although that could change by the end of September)

Pass Rush:
1. NY
2. Dallas
3. Philly
4. Washington

Alexander

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
For example: If asked who is the better linebacker, Robert McCune or Lavar Arrington... the immediate answer should be, "McCune, of course!"

:laugh1:

Sad. But completely accurate. The picture of Arrington hitting Aikman used to be a staple, but for some reason it is no longer accepted.

Don't forget various forms of Dallas players, the stadium, even hats getting the middle finger. That scores big points.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Alexander said:
:laugh1:

Sad. But completely accurate. The picture of Arrington hitting Aikman used to be a staple, but for some reason it is no longer accepted.

Don't forget various forms of Dallas players, the stadium, even hats getting the middle finger. That scores big points.

Yeah. Extra credit if you can work in a "Brokeback" reference to the Cowboys somehow. That's the big thing over there now. You cant read anything about Dallas without someone mentioning "Brokeback" somehow.

Ahhh, the flock.

Alexander

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Yeah. Extra credit if you can work in a "Brokeback" reference to the Cowboys somehow. That's the big thing over there now. You cant read anything about Dallas without someone mentioning "Brokeback" somehow.

Ahhh, the flock.

Brokeback is a new thing.

It used to be anything remotely white trash with the Cowboys. You know, garbage about Texas (even though the vast majority of fans don't reside in the state), trailer parks and so on. Before that, it was crackboys, the felon thing was what all the sloped foreheads did.

Don't get me wrong, you can still use the white trash commentary. It is just that Brokeback is all the rage amongst the Mongoloids these days.

superpunk

Reaction score
Say what?

mongoloids.jpg

NMfan

Reaction score
O-line

1 Eagles
2. Washington
3. Giants
4. DAllas

Pass Rush

1 Giants
2. Eagles
3. Dallas
4. Washington

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Even if he stays healthy, I don't see it. By the end of the year, he was pretty much ineffective (particularly in the playoffs). I think they (Moss, Brunell, their whole offense) snuck up on quite a few teams last year and this year, teams will take them seriously, which I don't think many (including us), did in 2005.

He was ineffective because he was injured.

I never believe the hype about taking teams by surprise, or sneaking up on teams. That is really a fan like perspective. With the level of preparation these coaches and teams go through, they know whether or not a team is the real deal by watching film of all their games.

Are you saying Dallas didn't take Washington seriously after getting embarassed the first time around? I doubt that.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Offensive Line:

1. Commanders (When healthy, can dominate the line of scrimmage and were improving steadily last year, the most athletic line in the bunch).
2. Eagles
3. Giants
4. Cowboys

Pass Rush:

1. Giants
2. Cowboys
3. Eagles
4. Commanders (until we can prove we can get consistent pressure without blitzing)

I thnk NY has some ? marks on the OL as well. We have alot of ?'s at OL as well. However, we brought in 6 players to do it, and we only need 3 to perfom. If we bat .500 our OL should be adequate.

I would say Dallas and Philly (with the addition of D. Howard) to be about the same at pass rush. Ellis and Ware should be good next year in nickel, and Carpenter brings anotehr dimensin to the 3-4 (but he is unproven at this level). Id almost give the nod to Philly based on what their players Have done. On potential I rate Dallas #2.

It's going to be a hell of a division.

Alexander

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Are you saying Dallas didn't take Washington seriously after getting embarassed the first time around? I doubt that.

I am saying we chalked it up to a fluke after controlling the game for 57 minutes.

We went into Washington off an emotional victory against KC going pillar to post with one of the best offenses in football.

Yes, I can see how we wouldn't take them seriously.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
True that, darn shame that the Eagles wont be a factor in it

You got it wrong ...the Cowboys are the ones who are expected to be the beasts of the East. You just go on believing that the Eagles will bring up the basement again.:rolleyes:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
You got it wrong ...the Cowboys are the ones who are expected to be the beasts of the East. You just go on believing that the Eagles will bring up the basement again.:rolleyes:

Sure thing

New York > Philly
Washington > Philly
Dallas > Philly

Alexander

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

Only a fool would underestimate the Eagles and expect a repeat of last year.

That being said, any Eagles fan who thinks it's a cakewalk to the NFC championship game where they can do their customary chokejob has another thing coming.

I see the Eagles as a wildcard team if their defense holds up.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
The team that wins the NFCE will have earned it.......and will probably be considered a little lucky as well.:)