NFC-East is Going to be a Beast

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
You got it wrong ...the Cowboys are the ones who are expected to be the beasts of the East. You just go on believing that the Eagles will bring up the basement again.:rolleyes:

:lombardi:

:trophy:

:hammock:

Is that basement that your talking about, the one that has a judge and jail cells...that basement? The one at the Green Slime Parkeets Stadium? That basement?

Ahhh, life is good...

lspain1

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
The team that wins the NFCE will have earned it.......and will probably be considered a little lucky as well.:)

Cbz once again is the pinnacle of profundity! :worthy2: The NFCE team that stays healthiest may well be the one to win the division. I think the schedule is in our favor this year with the exception of the bye week location.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
Cbz once again is the pinnacle of profundity! :worthy2: The NFCE team that stays healthiest may well be the one to win the division. I think the schedule is in our favor this year with the exception of the bye week location.

A very good observation concerning the schedule.....now all we need to do is take advantage......and it goes w/out saying...stay healthy.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Only a fool would underestimate the Eagles and expect a repeat of last year.

That being said, any Eagles fan who thinks it's a cakewalk to the NFC championship game where they can do their customary chokejob has another thing coming.

I see the Eagles as a wildcard team if their defense holds up.

I agree with you. If any team has cause to be outright out for vengance against all 3 other teams, its the Eagles after going 0-6 in the division last year.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
1. Philly/Dallas/NY.....in no particular order.
4. Washington..... I just flat out don't get how those homers at ES think they are so good. This damn team was 5-6 at one point this year before they got lucky. It wasn't until week 13 that they were even above .500 for Christ Sakes. Everyone else in the East was good early until injuries took hold, especially to philly. But the foreskins????? C'mon. They had a 2 month period of a 2-6 record.

So then they go out and get a couple of #3 recievers and Archuleta, who stinks I might add, and a DE in Carter who had one good season a few years ago, but since has done nothing? And they think they'll contend? You've got to be kidding me.

Also, Brunell couldn't walk across the street without getting hurt. If Campbell has to come in they won't win a game, MARK IT DOWN. Look at his numbers from preseason. HORRIFIC. Absolutely dreadful. Granted it was his first season and it was preseason, but damn, he stunk. Sorry dude, but you don't have Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams to get you out of trouble in the NFL.

I can't wait for the skins to go 8-8

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
The sun shines on a dogs *** every now and then. You also went 0-8 against the AFC since Gibbs has returned. Yet you fools at ES say your winning the superbowl this year? You haven't beaten 1 AFC team since 2003 for Christ Sakes and you're winning the SB?

You people are delusional.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
kobe2jail said:
The sun shines on a dogs *** every now and then. You also went 0-8 against the AFC since Gibbs has returned. Yet you fools at ES say your winning the superbowl this year? You haven't beaten 1 AFC team since 2003 for Christ Sakes and you're winning the SB?

You people are delusional.

I haven't said we'll win the Super Bowl this year, there are way too many variables to honestly predict that before knowing if you're even in the postseason.

I do believe we will be in the thick of competing for the NFC East though. Honestly the one thing that makes me queasy is that we play our first 3 NFC East games on the road, and it won't be nice to have to try to battle back in the division from an 0-3 or 1-2 hole if it comes to that.

dwmyers

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
I haven't said we'll win the Super Bowl this year, there are way too many variables to honestly predict that before knowing if you're even in the postseason.

I do believe we will be in the thick of competing for the NFC East though. Honestly the one thing that makes me queasy is that we play our first 3 NFC East games on the road, and it won't be nice to have to try to battle back in the division from an 0-3 or 1-2 hole if it comes to that.

I think Alexander is right in saying that injuries are a decisive factor in the NFC East. There are 3 terrific coaches in the division and Coughlin is not a slouch either, all the teams have weapons. But every team has a couple crucial players and if they go down, the whole situation changes.

I think all 4 teams have a shot at winning the division.

Philly: If McNab is healthy then Philly can play the dink game until McNabb wins the game with his legs. If Bunkley becomes "son of Cory Simon", then the Philly defense becomes a huge headache all over again, and their defense can then carry them to a lot of wins, lousy offense or good offense.

Commanders: Gibbs was at his best when he could play "annoyance offense", playing grind-it-out short yardage till people put eight in the box in frustration. Then, one of his pint sized receivers would haul in a long ball. So I'm thinking it's health in his WR corps that ends up being decisive..well, that and Porter, his workhorse. In terms of QBs, Gibbs can do more with less QB talent than just about anyone. I think his issues at QB aren't as grave as some people suggest. He's been very adaptable at that position.

Giants: When I think Giants, I think "glass fragile". Is their offensive line going to hold together? Can Tiki do it one more time? How healthy is Strahan? How healthy is Shockey?

Dallas: We need health from guys like Julius Jones and Flo Adams and Anthony Henry, and we need some agelessness from Bledsoe and Glenn. A NT option other than Ferguson has to emerge, else we may wear Fergie out. Another key - last year is proof of that - will be keeping our FG kicker healthy.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Only a fool would underestimate the Eagles and expect a repeat of last year.

Darn it! I agree with you.:eek::

That being said, any Eagles fan who thinks it's a cakewalk to the NFC championship game where they can do their customary chokejob has another thing coming.

Retrospectively, only a fool would think the NFL-East would be a cakewalk in 2006.

I see the Eagles as a wildcard team if their defense holds up

I think we'll be in the mix. But I'm certain that two of the best NFL games in
2006 will be when the Eagles plays Dalllas. That should be titled the games of the year!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
The team that wins the NFCE will have earned it.......and will probably be considered a little lucky as well.:)

Agree. But also would like to add that the team that wins the NFCE will have less injuries to key positions, maintain the better portion of their "1st-team,"
and have Harmony within their lockerroom.

The battles will be won at the line of scrimmage; who has the best OL ...Defensive Lines.

There's a 'big un' a coming ...(quote from the movie Open Range).:)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Is that basement ...That basement? ...

It's basically the same basement that you guys were in ...

2004 Cowboys standings ...6-10
2003 Commanders standings ...5-11
2003 Giants standings ...4-12
2002 Cowboys standing ...5-11
2001 Cowboys standing ...5-11

Ahhh, life is good

Those are certainly low standards if you think life in the basement is ...good?:confused:

lspain1

Reaction score
Line play IS the key to success and the OL is a weakness until the Cowboys prove otherwise. We had Keyshawn last year and and a healthy Glenn. While they aren't Owens, they were far from the worst in the NFL. They also were nowhere near good enough to compensate for the lousy OL play. Some folks will argue that TO is a special player and will force defenses to modify their alignment. I believe Owens is not going to be enough if our OL does not improve.

We didn't run the ball well last year (except in spots), and it is a clear weakness until the Cowboys prove otherwise. I believe our opponents will take the same strategy they did last year and that was stop the run first! They will force the Cowboys to throw and pass protect (which we did badly). It was the formula that beat the Cowboys last year and we will see it again this year.

xsamhainx_999

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I am saying we chalked it up to a fluke after controlling the game for 57 minutes.

We went into Washington off an emotional victory against KC going pillar to post with one of the best offenses in football.

Yes, I can see how we wouldn't take them seriously.

Don't you mean 2 "flukes"? :rolleyes:

Your saying that with the winner of that skins/boys game essentially making the playoffs & after what happened on MNF that you guys weren't going to take us seriously? Come on man that's lame.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Everyone thought the AFC East was going to be a dogfight last year and it turned into one of the weakest divisions in football as the Jets and Bills took a nosedive. We have no assurances that a key injury here or there makes this division weak.

If any of the teams lose their starting QB, the dynamic changes in a hurry.

i dunno, if any of the starting qb's go down or another key position i doubt the NFCE will EVER be as weak as another division, our teams could lose all the games to every non-confrence team but once it comes to those two games v.s the giants/eagles/Commanders and vice versa its like superbowl time

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
our teams could lose all the games to every non-confrence team but once it comes to those two games v.s the giants/Eagles/Commanders and vice versa its like superbowl time

I actually agree with you On that point!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
:lombardi:

:trophy:

It's so nice to kick back and watch this Slime Bird try and convince his little mind that the Parakeets are going to WIN IT ALL! :lmao:

Where is my dog, Gibbs.....?

Gibbs, GIBBS...come here boy...come!

:disseags: Good dog, Gibbs...(this dog is very trainable, as you can see)!

Yup, the Slime Birds are the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Yet, they have not shown a thing...!

:lmao2: